Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Does this Wacom tablet not suck? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 5:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I do have a shovel, and the hole is dug,
but I may just keep it so I can doodle like this all day... Rolling Eyes

I tried a different USB port and no change Confused but thanks for the thought, I will try it in my computer if I ever get it back, I gave it to my tech to fix last month and who knows if I'll ever get it back Crying or Very sad

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmmmm.... Well you'll know more once you've tried it on another computer. Any friends or family members where you can take it to and try it out on their computer?

Also check to see if there's an update for your USB drivers (not the Wacom).

OH! Now that I think of it I DID have trouble with my Wacom Intous3 when I first got it! I had to download the latest version of the software from Wacom's site!

http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/select.cfm

Try that yet? (I don't remember back that far in the thread). I think there was something about a defective version that shipped with the units?

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:38 am   Reply with quote         

i have noticed that some brushes will be choppy on slower computers. while the wacom tablet system requirements are minimal, the computer may not be able to handle some of the software requirements. what program are you using? do you get the same choppiness when you use your regular mouse on the same brush?

Micose

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:39 am   Reply with quote         

its all about drivers i think...what Tofu said....USB drivers; Nvidia drivers....it might be sthg like that
Micose

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe I missed something...you guys aint running Vista are ya?

dewdew

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Maybe I missed something...you guys aint running Vista are ya?

If your running Vista..........the good news is the tablets fine........the bad news is....VISTA Cool

splodge

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:49 pm   Reply with quote         

i updated my Nvidia drivers today, and added a LCD monitor, thing look so much brighter already, nothing to do with you problem, i had a tablet for four min's once then i put it strait back on ebay, give us some computer info then we might be able to see the problem

Hallcross Toots
TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Well Paul? You bury the tablet or give it another shot?

Granulated

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
I'm ready to chuck this POS out the window Evil or Very Mad
It's so choppy, I can't seem to get it to work at all, after all this time of using a mouse, I thought it would be nice and smooth, but I would rather use a mouse with my foot, does anyone have one of these things? and how do you have it set? please help before I go postal on Christmas... Crying or Very sad

ill buy it off yer ! Smile

dewdew

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Does this Wacom tablet suck? HELL YEAH, big long donkey.......tails......yeah tails works. Smile

Gran.....put up that wallet. Razz .....wait til pauls wifey ai'nt looking Cool ......you know he's been lying for 3 days now....Everytime she comes by he has that pen out.....MAN I LOVE IT BABE.....then grabs the mouse when she leaves the room. Laughing Laughing

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I've been away from the PC for a while...OK, Tofu I uploaded the latest download and it worked perfect for about 1 minute, then it went back to choking, I'm not on vista (thank god), I still have windows XP, when I use the pen as a mouse for anything but PS its fine, for some odd reason it only chokes in PS, this is a fairly new PC with a large HD, plenty of RAM, it feels like a memory problem though... Confused

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e11/garmon/MXasPaulo3.jpg
Very Happy Laughing Wink

This is really for you dewdew Razz

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
I've been away from the PC for a while...OK, Tofu I uploaded the latest download and it worked perfect for about 1 minute, then it went back to choking, I'm not on vista (thank god), I still have windows XP, when I use the pen as a mouse for anything but PS its fine, for some odd reason it only chokes in PS, this is a fairly new PC with a large HD, plenty of RAM, it feels like a memory problem though... Confused

Confused

Welllllll........

Since it worked correctly then it seems to me to be either a software or memory issue. I still think it's probably a software-based problem though.

I'd go into Device Manager and delete all your pointing devices (mice, pen, "human interface devices", etc.). Then check with the PC manufacturer (or motherboard manufacturer) to see if there's a new USB Controller driver and/or other updates for your onboard chipsets. After updating the USB controller reboot and then reinstall the latest Wacom software again. Plug in the tablet and see if it's working correctly as a mouse and use it to launch Paint. Draw with the mouse in paint and if it works smooth then launch PS and try it out. If it goes south in PS then try again in Paint. If it works in Paint then it's probably a problem with your version of PS?

After that all I got left is to see if you can exchange it for another one?

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:47 pm   Reply with quote         

hmmmm. since this is not on my PC, I think I'll wait until I get mine back and reinstall it on that, not sure when that will be though Confused but thanks for the help Smile OK, move allong...nothing to see here... Shocked

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Does this Wacom tablet not suck? - Reply to topic