Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Mother F#@!%$#@! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

janetdog

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:50 am   Reply with quote         

I've got a western digital 7200 rpm 80gig hd I'd be willing to donate. I've also got a few sticks of ram laying around if it would help.

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:25 am   Reply with quote         

Poor ReyRey, The only advise I can give you is to HIRE a computer for the duration of your own computer being fixed. Get a smaller harddrive to replace your own with all the important stuff on it, and see if you can get your computer fixed.

I take it you have your computer done up like my son has his, many harddrive disks in seperate boxes, not everything inside the ONE computer that works so good?

MindGraph

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:37 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Her computer can't handle it. Confused
Mine just decided that it is not going to start up any more. Not with the utility disk, not with a start up disk, not with the software restore disk, Not in safe mode, not with the extensions turned off. NOTHING!!!

My laptop did the same thing a while back and I put a new hardrive in and everything was good. May want to check that out rather than a whole computer.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:03 am   Reply with quote         

Merry F$#!!$#@! Christmas to you too, Mother F54#@#$@!# Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

he he sorry to hear about that rey Confused hope you day turned out better than it started for ya Wink
-matt-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
ReyRey

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:59 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks y'all for the tips and offers but I'm fine. Wink I was just venting. I was looking for a reason to upgrade anyways. (don't tell my wife Wink )

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:20 am   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Thanks y'all for the tips and offers but I'm fine. Wink I was just venting. I was looking for a reason to upgrade anyways. (don't tell my wife Wink )

Need computer for work = last minute tax deduction for the new computer? Twisted Evil

ReyRey

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
ReyRey wrote:

Need computer for work = last minute tax deduction for the new computer? Twisted Evil

You got that right. Wink

Martrex

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

Remember if it was the computer and not the HD then everything on it should be safe and it can be pulled and transferred to the newbie.
Now if the HD went out the computer should try to come up and ask for start up disk.
Some computer 101 but not everyone knows it.

Hope everything works out and gets you back up and working. Cool

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Can't offer you much advice for troubleshooting a mac.
If the harddisk is OK you should make a backup clone asap.

In my experience the 1st thing to look would be a disconnected CPU fan, memory sticks, power supply

Try this:
http://creativetechs.com/tips/tip_resources/PocketMod/MyMacWontStart-PocketMod.pdf

sage

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:18 am   Reply with quote         

Mad

My computer just died also. It was right after I ran one of those MS updates. After the update, I plugged in my camera and the whole thing went nuts. When I rebooted, I had no hard drive icons (main or emergency). The icons on my desktop were there, but unclickable. I could launch stuff from the dock, but the garbage can doesn't open.

Oh yeah...every time I rebooted, word launched itself Hmmm

Like you, 2Rey, I've been wanting to get a new machine.
Like you, 2Rey, I need to freelance to do so.

Unlike you, 2Rey, people like me. Razz

pollyO

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Windows update screwed up my PC. CS2 now has missing files and wont open.
Virus software no longer stays running. All kinds of missing dll and ini files.
Have to reload CS2 on my laptop also since that update it will no longer open.
I F*#!"Kin HATE windows!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Soon as I pay up some credit cards, gonna go Mac!!

splodge

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:50 pm   Reply with quote         

delete the update and turn off auto update

Hallcross Toots
marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:56 pm   Reply with quote         

I have not read all this, so not sure if this has been suggested, but most computers, even uber shite ones, can handle photoshop 6, and maybe even 7 to a degree. True, its a bit of a step backwards, but hey, its better than MS Paint Wink

just an idea Rey, bring out the true power of your wifes computer with good old skool photoshop Very Happy

dewdew

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:37 pm   Reply with quote         

alright....a bitch about my computer thread...........i have a good one.
During the great BESTBUY sales for CHRISTMAS my mother-in-law found a $379 desktop. I PAID for it online, and had to drive like 75 miles one way to pick it up IN STORE. So i got my confirmation and retreived the comp. Now guess who really don't have the room to store it till Xmas. So i store the comp. I have to come home on Xmas eve and load it again and carry it to the witch from the west's house. Now she was told i was coming, but the door just happened too be locked and she must have been in a secret room way in the back???? Ten minutes later she cracks open the front door and cant quite see who it is, so after giving blood and a stool sample i was allowed into the house. I mean hell, its only a CRT monitor and a tower, but i was starting to call for the POWER of GREYSKULL by the time she allowed access.

XMAS DAY......i have to unpack the gift of LOVE, then set it up....no problem. She want's on the net........What NET??....it does'nt come with internet...... NAW... SHE SAID......it should be internet ready Shocked ......So after a damn good debate.....she has opted to buy DIALUP.....as long as it's not over $10 a month. Shocked ...........so i tell her i will be by tommorrow and we can decide about that.....

The next day i get over there, and the comp that was working just fine the day before. Now has a big black screen.....not even a OSD even though the big NEON lite on the front was solid and bright.......nothing will make it come on....NOTHING.......funny how NOTHING seems to be what happened while i was away.......and according to the computer GEEK in law.....Nothing had even touched it....YEAH I CANNOT COUNT the times i heard someone say.....my brand new monitor just quit Rolling Eyes ......SO NOW I AM IN THE RETURN LINE........all this for someone who says......NOW....YOU GONNA TEACH ME HOW TO RUN THAT COMPUTER........ain't JyA.........DAMN, I been trying to teach her to work a REMOTE for the last 12 to no avail.....and now she want into GATESVILLE....... Doh! SHOOT ME......PLEASE Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad AAAAAHHHHHH....rey you right.....it's nice to VENT Laughing

ReyRey

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:53 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
alright....a bitch about my computer thread...........i have a good one.
During the great BESTBUY sales for CHRISTMAS my mother-in-law found a $379 desktop. I PAID for it online, and had to drive like 75 miles one way to pick it up IN STORE. So i got my confirmation and retreived the comp. Now guess who really don't have the room to store it till Xmas. So i store the comp. I have to come home on Xmas eve and load it again and carry it to the witch from the west's house. Now she was told i was coming, but the door just happened too be locked and she must have been in a secret room way in the back???? Ten minutes later she cracks open the front door and cant quite see who it is, so after giving blood and a stool sample i was allowed into the house. I mean hell, its only a CRT monitor and a tower, but i was starting to call for the POWER of GREYSKULL by the time she allowed access.

XMAS DAY......i have to unpack the gift of LOVE, then set it up....no problem. She want's on the net........What NET??....it does'nt come with internet...... NAW... SHE SAID......it should be internet ready Shocked ......So after a damn good debate.....she has opted to buy DIALUP.....as long as it's not over $10 a month. Shocked ...........so i tell her i will be by tommorrow and we can decide about that.....

The next day i get over there, and the comp that was working just fine the day before. Now has a big black screen.....not even a OSD even though the big NEON lite on the front was solid and bright.......nothing will make it come on....NOTHING.......funny how NOTHING seems to be what happened while i was away.......and according to the computer GEEK in law.....Nothing had even touched it....YEAH I CANNOT COUNT the times i heard someone say.....my brand new monitor just quit Rolling Eyes ......SO NOW I AM IN THE RETURN LINE........all this for someone who says......NOW....YOU GONNA TEACH ME HOW TO RUN THAT COMPUTER........ain't JyA.........DAMN, I been trying to teach her to work a REMOTE for the last 12 to no avail.....and now she want into GATESVILLE....... Doh! SHOOT ME......PLEASE Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad AAAAAHHHHHH....rey you right.....it's nice to VENT Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing THAT'S CLASSIC!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Mother F#@!%$#@! - Reply to topic