Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Having problems. - Reply to topic

DeepForest

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I sometimes have serious problems thinking of what I can do with the image that was posted. I don't know how to help it. Sometimes the idea comes right away, but sometimes I just cant decide what to do with a certain image? Any ideas of how I can help that? Crying or Very sad

Patre

Post Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Please give this site a try: http://www.geekologist.com/10Tips.htm

DeepForest

Post Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks. That kind of helps a little bit.

mookie01

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Great link. Shocked

MindGraph

Post Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

DeepForest wrote:
I sometimes have serious problems thinking of what I can do with the image that was posted. I don't know how to help it. Sometimes the idea comes right away, but sometimes I just cant decide what to do with a certain image? Any ideas of how I can help that? Crying or Very sad

welcome to my world Laughing
I run into the problem alot and I think it's all in the timing. Right now with the holiday and all upon us I have a hard time feeling creative. Too much going on in my head. If all goes well I should have an idea next week (I hope Rolling Eyes ) Patre's link is good plus you can look at some of the users profiles that have how they get creative thoughts going. Bottom line is sometimes it hits you right between the eyes and other times you have to pull it out of your........a@@.
Good luck and Happy Holidays!
Wink

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:12 am   Reply with quote         

beer, smoke, 2 hot chicks, and beer try that Laughing

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
bigbuck

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:15 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:18 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:27 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/96610/surefire-winner.html

I loved the part about MarcoIze it. I think he slips in and out of another dimension sometimes with his ideas.

Sometimes you see what others do and say why didn't i think of that. Other times a few will think of the same thing, that's interesting as well.
Usually someone will think completely out of the box of possibility. Now how it is received can go from tons of votes to absolutely none.

Some time the simple act of flipping it around in a circle causes something to click. Other times that doesn't help. Sometime edit the main character/object and let your mind go numb and things may fly in on their own! You just never know. Or walk away for a few and come back and see it fresh.
But it happens to most everyone. Now how many admit it? So you're not alone in this time of strife. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing with you, not at you!

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:17 am   Reply with quote         

Martrex wrote:
bigbuck wrote:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/96610/surefire-winner.html

I loved the part about MarcoIze it. I think he slips in and out of another dimension sometimes with his ideas.

Sometimes you see what others do and say why didn't i think of that. Other times a few will think of the same thing, that's interesting as well.
Usually someone will think completely out of the box of possibility. Now how it is received can go from tons of votes to absolutely none.

Some time the simple act of flipping it around in a circle causes something to click. Other times that doesn't help. Sometime edit the main character/object and let your mind go numb and things may fly in on their own! You just never know. Or walk away for a few and come back and see it fresh.
But it happens to most everyone. Now how many admit it? So you're not alone in this time of strife. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laughing with you, not at you!
what marty say is very true so i guess i'll be the 1st to admit it Razz

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
dewdew

Post Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:50 am   Reply with quote         

I like to go with the flow so to speak. When i have no ideas for a entry,i just play around with it. Sometimes just by messing with the adjustments of a layer you get great ideas. Invert it, filter it, layer it, smear it, change the levels, make it b&w.......the possiblities are endless.

If you still don't get an idea's, wait......when the contest starts and everyone starts uploading thier entries, then you may see something that you like, or they may give you the idea you have been waiting on.

Take my mannequin entry. I had no ideas and i knew 85% were going to be (colored entries). We had been talking that day about REY's chrome ring entry. So as i was (PLAYING) the idea of chrome boy came to me. So MR. TINFOIL is what i came up with. It gave me a idea, plus i got a chance to try out my hand at chrome......which by the way SUCKS Smile . I knew it was not REY GOOD, but it was fun trying. Relax...layback and PLAY around. Have fun, thats what this place is here for. Very Happy

I just saw your from BROOKLYN. Grafitti inspires me.....and lord knows BROOKLYN has grafitti Cool

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Having problems. - Reply to topic