Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Watch this space! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

New Islamic Revolution - A cloned sheep

I don't think that is possible

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

I think it is possible

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

I like to know more about it

100%

100%

[ 6 ]

Total Votes: 6

annajon

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:27 am   Reply with quote         

Reserved

This space is reserved to specify the content of my entries in this space, feel free to comment and read on. You may even reserve a space to use for your comments, and add to these comments over time.

First entry: The questionaire on top
Second entry: The photograph and quote from article explaining the questionaire
Third entry: A question about Google software Pack
Forth entry: A link to some fun with pictures

NEW!!
Fifth entry: A link to some fun with e books, NO MORE KILLING OF TREES!!!

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:30 am   Reply with quote         

I reserve this first post. Hmmm

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:32 am   Reply with quote         

Good, on the sheep ...

here is a photograph of the now 15 months old Cloned male sheep, living in Isfahan.

Points of View:

The program has won backing from Iran's Shiite Muslim religious leaders, who have issued religious decrees authorizing animal cloning but banning any such experiments with humans. A majority of Iran's nearly 70 million people are Shiites, which comprise about 15 percent of the world's 1.2 billion Muslims.

Many Sunni Muslim clerics, however, have spoken against cloning in any form.

Quote from http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060810/iran_cloning_060810?s_name=&no_ads=

janetdog

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:58 am   Reply with quote         

I hate to break it to you but 'dolly' was cloned in 1996

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:05 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:

Janetdog, perhaps you should actually read the header of this forum and the article. I did not state that the Islamic ram is the FIRST cloned sheep!!!!!

Oscar

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:07 am   Reply with quote         

mason4300 wrote:
I reserve this first post. Hmmm

I second that!

annajon

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:13 am   Reply with quote         

ITEM NUMBER THREE. GOOGLE SOFTWARE PACK

GOOGLE has a software pack, with lots of things in it. Including a thing called StarOffice8, that proclaims to work with OpenOffice

The Free software pack does not (NOT!!!!) provide all the things in StarOffice8 - in fact you have to pay 70 dollars to register and use all of the content

Is it worth it? http://pack.google.com/intl/en/learn_more_frameset.html (I hope you get the language you need to read the information automaticly)

Who can comment on that?

Synthvet

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:15 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:

that's actually a very unique picture....next to Dolly is "Jennifer", the first cloned bald man

they screwed up and gave Jennifer some of Dolly's eye DNA...that's why he wears glasses

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:20 am   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

janetdog

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:58 am   Reply with quote         

Here ya go anna.

The FDA (Food and Drug administration) Is very close to approving cloned animals for public consumption here in the US.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003308396_clones17.html

Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat have been genetically altered here for quite a few years. Rumor has it that the genetic grain has all but wiped out natural strains.

The religeous right including both Bush administrations have raised hell regarding human genetic testing here. The main issue is the limitations on stem cell research allowing only four strains to be propegated. This has set us far behind other countries (mainly france) who have embraced the technology and are curing horrible diseases.

I wasn't trying to imply that your sheep was or wasn't number one. It's just that genetics have been a hobby of mine for a while.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:03 am   Reply with quote         

Star office is a total rip off of open office. It's a shame that they are trying to sell Star considering they have basically put lipstick on a pig and called it their own. Besides, It goes against the spirit of linux and open source software.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:41 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Star office is a total rip off of open office. It's a shame that they are trying to sell Star considering they have basically put lipstick on a pig and called it their own. Besides, It goes against the spirit of linux and open source software.

That was my surprise as well. Because in the description they bost that StarOffice is doing lots of stuff in ADDITION to OpenOffice, like draw, publishing etc.

If OpenSource and OpenOffice are free, then why pay for the rest?

Or would that payment be for the flash type parts of the extras?

annajon

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:43 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Here ya go anna.

The FDA (Food and Drug administration) Is very close to approving cloned animals for public consumption here in the US.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2003308396_clones17.html

Corn, Soybeans, and Wheat have been genetically altered here for quite a few years. Rumor has it that the genetic grain has all but wiped out natural strains.

The religeous right including both Bush administrations have raised hell regarding human genetic testing here. The main issue is the limitations on stem cell research allowing only four strains to be propegated. This has set us far behind other countries (mainly france) who have embraced the technology and are curing horrible diseases.

I wasn't trying to imply that your sheep was or wasn't number one. It's just that genetics have been a hobby of mine for a while.

Nice to see somebody else interested in cloning. I did not forget about Dolly, but I was showing the difference between Christian Religious Groups and their rejection of cloning and the current Islamic thoughts on the subject.

I guess East and West both have pro's anc con's about it in equal messure. Just that many more con's still live in USA (even though American corn is mostly manipulated and such.... )

annajon

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

BUMP Twisted Evil

annajon

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:52 am   Reply with quote         

Here is a link that allows you to create quick morfs

http://www.morphd.com/

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Watch this space! - Reply to topic