Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - for the Giants fans - Reply to topic

EJH

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:50 pm   Reply with quote         

So this morning I ducked out of work for an hour, and went downtown to see if I could catch a glimpse of the Giants championship ticker-tape parade (ah, the joys of working in Manhattan). Thought I'd share some pictures I took...

If you look closely at the first pic, you can see a very blurry Eli Manning hoisting the Vince Lombardi trophy Smile

The crowd was crazy-- happy, excited and energized. Lots of cheering, and deafening chants of "MVP!" as Eli rode by.

sage

Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Giants....is that some kind of a team? Wink

Nice picts, E...kinda have to squint on the first one, though...Razz

Who gets to clean up all the TP at the end?

MindGraph

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:03 am   Reply with quote         

Very Cool!! Thanks for sharing. I was blown away with the game and they had an outrageous win for numerous reasons. A well deserved recognition!! cheers cheers

janetdog

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:33 am   Reply with quote         

Congratulations to the Giants. I thought Belichick was going to gat someone down. He looked deranged. I loved hearing Mercury Morris talk s@#$ about the Patriots the next morning. Mostly, I feel sorry for Tom Brady and Michael Strahan. Brady because he was a sore puppy and Strahan because he didn't get MVP. He made way more of an impact in that game than Eli did.

Aren't the pictures spectacular? I love the fact that everyone has a camera phone. I hardly ever use my camera phone even though it takes better pictures than my first 300 dollar camera ever did.

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:48 am   Reply with quote         

NY has TP? Confused

annajon

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:57 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
NY has TP? Confused

It used to be with real ticker stubs and it used to be for Vietnam Veterans, Astronauts, the American Flag and other important stuff.....

MindGraph

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:38 am   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
NY has TP? Confused

not any more...... Shocked

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:37 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
Congratulations to the Giants. I thought Belichick was going to gat someone down. He looked deranged. I loved hearing Mercury Morris talk s@#$ about the Patriots the next morning. Mostly, I feel sorry for Tom Brady and Michael Strahan. Brady because he was a sore puppy and Strahan because he didn't get MVP. He made way more of an impact in that game than Eli did.

Aren't the pictures spectacular? I love the fact that everyone has a camera phone. I hardly ever use my camera phone even though it takes better pictures than my first 300 dollar camera ever did.

A defensive player should definitely gotten the MVP. Mad

EJH

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:15 pm   Reply with quote         

sage wrote:
Nice picts, E...kinda have to squint on the first one, though...Razz
Considering I'm a fairly small person, and was wedged in someone else's armpit, standing on my tippy toes, and reaching as high as I could, I think it came out ok Smile

Quote:
Who gets to clean up all the TP at the end?
I'm guessing the area is all cleaned up by now... you guys can joke all you want, but NYC does have an impressive sanitation department. On New Year's Eve, as soon as people start leaving Times Square, they swoop in and do their thing. When you see the news footage of Times Square the next morning, it's as if nothing ever happened. However, it sucks that yesterday afternoon it poured rain, so I don't envy the people who had to scrape wet paper off of everything...

janetdog wrote:
That's what I love about the first pic... sure, you can barely see the famous person, but I like how the foreground is a sea of arms holding up cameras & phones.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - for the Giants fans - Reply to topic