Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pixel: Photoshop for the Linux Crowd - Reply to topic

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Linux users unhappy with the GIMP image editor may want to take a look at Pixel, a cross platform image editing application, which more closely mirrors the behavior of Adobe Photoshop. Although Pixel isn't free in either sense of the word — a licensed copy will set you back $38 USD and the source is not available — in terms of ease-of-use Pixel trumps the Gimp on a number of levels.

read full article here...

Granulated

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:51 pm   Reply with quote         

the demo is limitation free but watermarks saved images..so.....

screenshot the finished work and paste into Paint...then save it !

Oscar

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:23 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:

Thats like stealing, you should be ashamed.

"This is coming from a guy who uses Torrents" PWND!

Lord David

Location: Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001, United Federation of Planets, Alpha Quadrant.

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:40 am   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:

Your using Linux here, there is no "Paint". Laughing

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Nice find! Must look at this once I finally get around to rebuilding my home machine.

Speaking of Linux.... What's everyone's favorite distro? Lately I'm on the Ubuntu bandwagon a bit. I'm sure janetdog has an opinion here. Wink

janetdog

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:32 pm   Reply with quote         

I started many many years back with a dual boot windows 98/mandrake 7.2 system. It took me two weeks just to set up my mandrake network for internet (no DHCP server). I was pretty disappointed with an ancient version of netscape navigator as a browser. I was impressed with the harddrive tools that would allow partitioning and formatting on the fly. I was also impressed with the ability to 'mount' the windows drive to access media. Best of all, It was granite bedrock stable. Then I tried to install mandrake 8.0... I never once got that past the boot screen.

Fast Forward to 2003

My goal was to build my first computer. I set my budget at $500 bucks. $100 bucks for a copy of xp was out of the question so, I bought a copy of suze for $20 bucks. It worked flawlessly! Unfortunately, java and flash only worked about half of the time with many websites requiring a new version.

A friend gave me a copy of 98se that I reluctantly installed so I could chop pictures. That lasted about 8 months until my box caught a plague. On it's last breath, I burned a copy of ubuntu. I also signed up for a real copy that was sent through snail mail for the low low price of free. (my hats off to the ubuntu guy! You sir totally f-ing rock) Ubuntu seemed great at first. Especially the real disk. Then I set up the updater. I downloaded a few updates that destabilized my system. Fighting with sudo to reverse changes seemed like too much effort and more command line code than I was willing to learn. The problem is that ubuntu is like a beta version of debian. Debian comes in three flavors. Stable, Testing, and unstable. Ubuntu is made up from testing and unstable debian packages. That's when the lights clicked on and I decided to go right to the source and download debian stable.

Debian stable is the best os I've ever had the priviledge to use. Debian unlike ubuntu offers a 'root' account for system administration. My root account will do tricks sudo won't allow.

I e-mailed jmh132 a few years back wishing to chop but unable to because gimp sucks. I'd say it's a little better than paint. He recommended crossover office as a means to run PS7. He said he was running debian also and that his ps7 worked okie dokie with crossover.

My copy of debian stable (etch) has been up over a year now. The only time I shut it down is to clean the fans and replace burned power supplies(burned from not cleaning the fans). Hopefully the good folks at crossover(codeweavers) will make cs2 work. I desperately want a warp tool!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Pixel: Photoshop for the Linux Crowd - Reply to topic