Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - gamma and monitor calibration - Reply to topic

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:54 pm   Reply with quote         

hey i had a few questions my monitor which is a frrebie lcd brand name is "gem" 17inch lately i have noticed that it seems to be way out of wack.

my neighbor installed a program called "eye-one match 3" it uses a lense reader thing that gives your specs i don't quite understand all of this but i am unable to adjust manually my contrast or my rgb setting via the menu on the monitors control panel. and thus as a result i could not complete the advanced settings. so we did the easy version and it falls into close specs for standards but now every thing looks blue as the program adjusted it automatically for me.

i can't afford a new monitor so i can't fix my prob that way and am unsure if i should use or even if its possible to achieve correct settings using adobe gamma? any ideas or other things you guys think i can do w/ my given setup that i have? thanks Wink
-m-

dewdew

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:38 pm   Reply with quote         

DEGAUSS

splodge

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:17 pm   Reply with quote         

i have a tiny thing, reset to default, many gama testers out there, some set your monitor, some set you computer, just reset, and but a magnafying mouse, i use mine daily, but i do have a tiny thing, MS comfort optical mouse

Hallcross Toots
MindGraph

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:12 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
i have a tiny thing
tee hee
Very Happy
skate man...
does this device suck to your monitor? Shocked

ReinMan

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Okay - if you've used an EYE ONE thingy, that means that your monitor has supposedly been set via a colorimeter. (electronic color sensor).

If you have F8cked with the settings AFTER the electronic thingy has done its referencing of your monitor then you are truly Fecked. You need to either 1) delete the color profile for your monitor the EYE ONE created, or 2) re-calibrate your monitor by going through the EYE ONE thingy scan again.

I use a SPYDER 2 colorimeter. These devices see colour much more accurately than the human eye and they set your monitor to an industry common standard. It is really the only way to set your monitor this way. The human eye/brain just can't do it as it is always compensating on itself.

Okay PM me if this seems all rather weirder than normal.

Smile

splodge

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:25 pm   Reply with quote         

it's only 17 inch, i'm so embaraced Sad

Hallcross Toots
NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:35 pm   Reply with quote         

ok on my actual physical monitor the buttons that are pushable when i go into the menu by pressing the menu button i am unable to adjust contrast and unable to adjust the rgb settings.

the program "eye-one match 3" asked for me to adjust these setting manually in the advanced calibration mode. as i was unable to do so i then elected the easy option which uses the colorimeter thing that rein dude is talking about it then set my monitor w/ out me pushing any buttons on my physical monitor and gave me the specs that it fell into.

compared to the industries standard specs my blue is way off and i should fall close to a number listed as 6500 not sure what that means but i fall at 4700 and another number was listed for me to fall into 2.2 i rest at 2.3 . i can't recall the listing or the names or what they mean.

i have not touched any settings after my neighbor set it for me. and did not default set it before we installed the software and used the colorimeter thing.

this is all the information that i can give i don't understand it all that well but i hope it better gives someone the situstion where i stand in this prob Confused

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

i ac see... i can see... i replaced the monitor and upgraded my video card everything looks great thanks for the help guys Wink

ReyRey

Post Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:57 pm   Reply with quote         

EYE 1

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - gamma and monitor calibration - Reply to topic