Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Oral Surgery - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Is Tofu being an attention whore?

Yes

20%

20%

[ 3 ]

Definitely Yes

80%

80%

[ 12 ]

Total Votes: 15

MindGraph

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:36 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
I LIVE!

Laughing

Man I LOVE nitrous. Whole thing took about an hour but with the out-of-body experience nitrous gives it felt like 5 minutes. Cool

Now I just have to avoid dry sockets. That's my greatest fear of all. I don't like pain. It hurts me.

I guess now we won't be getting any wisdom from you anymore? Shocked

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for putting up with my whining. Laughing

No worries about the straws. I don't like drinking through straws. Not even milkshakes. Shocked

As soon as the post-nitrous nausea wears off (and I feel like I can chew) I have a spinach souffle waiting for me. I figured it was soft enough. After that I have enough soup to start my own homeless shelter.

Laughing

couldb5150

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:10 pm   Reply with quote         

I had my wisdom teeth pulled .........Boy now do i feel dumb !!!!

Bwahahahahaahaha

Am I mental

~5150

delia

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I feel for you. I had all four of mine out (but that was like 10 years ago?)

It wasn't as bad as it could have been I guess. Didn't even get the pain script filled, but I did sleep the whole day, swelled up like a chipmunk, and looked like Mike Tyson punched me in the jaw with all the bruising.

Good luck!

http://www.track4va.com

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:11 pm   Reply with quote         

ha! good luck. Wink I have this one stupid one kind of sticking out, like a little nub, on the left lower jaw. mine sort of come and go...stupid teeth...

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

couldb5150 wrote:
I had my wisdom teeth pulled .........Boy now do i feel dumb !!!!

Bwahahahahaahaha

Am I mental

~5150

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

cafn8d

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:21 pm   Reply with quote         

You guys are all LUCKY! All four of my wisdom teeth were IMPACTED and had to be DUG and CHISELED out. Crying or Very sad I had two done at a time... both tops, then both bottoms... chipmunk cheeks and hardly any solid food for a week--TWICE! That was back in highschool... if I had had MY say in it, I'd have opted for ONE SIDE at a time! Razz

I highly recommend icing your jaws / face. It'll help keep the swelling down before the swelling builds in the first place.

TresDEE

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Having teeth pulled is not as painful as, I'd say the following video...

One word on several occasions.. OUCH!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRR2N7kE-BM

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

My experience was close to be traumatic.
4 wisdom teeth pulled in 1 hour, 2 surgical extraction included.
It was going well, didn't feel anything during operation, just closing my eyes & listening great music with my walkman (the ancestor of iPod).
Back home, just took a nap in afternoon. When I woke up, I felt my head gonna explode. The pain was huge, my medication wasn't enough strong for sure.
I asked my ex-girlfriend to call the dentist and to have new prescription JUST F%#*@ING RIGHT NOW! If I had a gun & bullets I was supposed to kill myself.
The pain was worst than after my big motorcrash!

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Parents, wisdom teeth usually appear during your kid's early college life...surprisingly brought on by stress during final exams. Twisted Evil By that time the teeth have roots and require oral surgery.

To avoid that, have them taken out before they graduate high school. It's a simple procedure and they'll come out like little marbles.

In other words, most of you have lost your marbles!

Wiz

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:21 pm   Reply with quote         

"I had a Wisdom Tooth pulled once that did not want to come out. My dentist was so worried after he'd pulled it out in 3 PIECES, that he took a Post extraction X-Ray to make sure he hadn't fractured my jaw!!!!!!... The stitched 'Hole' bled for
3 days, and I managed to get through a full box of 'Wads' which the dentist had given me... I NEVER, NEVER went to that guy
ever again Mad

Wiz

Martrex

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I got you all beat try deep cleaning by slicing open the gums, and while we're here we'll pull all 4 wisdom teeth and done only with shots of novocaine to the gums and no gas or valiums or tylenol with codiene afterwards.

A few days of living hell! Shocked Crying or Very sad

WhimSea

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

I only had 3 wisdom teeth grow in, only 1 is a molar, one of the others was pulled just last year because it broke off.

I've had dental surgery twice. I had a crappy set of dentists when I was a kid and no parent looking out for me BEFORE the dentist did something. So old dentist #1 pulled two baby teeth WITHOUT XRAYS FIRST... IDIOT!! There were no adult teeth under them! Next stupid dentist said "well let's pull these teeth in the bottom to match the missing teeth in the top!!! IDIOT!! So then someone somewhere took some Xrays and I had 2 other teeth growing elsewhere... So when I was in 9th grade I had surgery to uncover tooth #1 on the left outside gum area near the soft tissue... #2 tooth was in the roof of my mouth! The surgery was scarrrrry, strapped down to a flat table and any time I about passed out the table would tilt. Arm was hooked into something "in case of electrical shock" great! The gum/dental tissue in the roof of my mouth was removed to reveal the tooth, then brace deallies were attached and then he jerry-rigged a piece of fake dental material and loosely stitched it to the roof so I could eat.

And then we went on family vacation... and every place we went, my mom had to ask the waitress to warm the milk and anything else had to be slightly above room temp. It was hell.

And they had to put braces on all my teeth to keep them in place while they pulled these two teeth into place... FOR FIVE YEARS!!!

Last surgery was last September - remember that wisdom tooth that was pulled? well it totally screwed up the 2 teeth next to it - 2 crowns, 1 with a root canal. Infection, bone loss, one guy just wanted to pull the tooth and do a bridge, another wanted to re-do the root canal. Ended up going to a odonotist? gum dentist and he did major bone grafting. I had a tiny little pill before I went, and a 2nd one after I got there... they numbed up the gum and that was it. I was totally out of it. Brought a DVD to watch, saw the opening credits and remember them asking me to turn my head a couple of times, vaguely remember a friend taking me home...

what do I win??

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:42 pm   Reply with quote         

Meet my dentist:

"It's so safe you wouldn't believe it!"

Shocked

TofuTheGreat

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Confused

When Novocaine wears off it SUCKS. My jaw is killing me. Normally Tylenol-3 does wonders for me (much better than Vicodin). Doesn't seem to be this time around.

Dinner was not my spinach souffle that I was so looking forward to. Instead I had a can of canned peaches. Sad

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Oral Surgery - Reply to topic