Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Oral Surgery - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Is Tofu being an attention whore?

Yes

20%

20%

[ 3 ]

Definitely Yes

80%

80%

[ 12 ]

Total Votes: 15

Micose

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:10 pm   Reply with quote         

ytgjytdkjiytkjiytd hdnsgfdhsyhr reqgrtgaez eztgrehezh zadcfce ???
Micose

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:13 pm   Reply with quote         

2 DAYS....ull suuffer 2 days not much more i think , im with u bro!

novocaine? yummy!...send me some Laughing
Micose

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

shyte...i understood...the other "'caine" stuff.....
TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:12 am   Reply with quote         

Tylenol3 is making me nauseous about an hour after I take it. I don't like this one bit. Argh Yuck pale shaking Thumb down

janetdog

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:21 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Tylenol3 is making me nauseous about an hour after I take it. I don't like this one bit. Argh Yuck pale shaking Thumb down

Codiene has a nasty side effect. Wait a few days. Embarassed

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:51 am   Reply with quote         

Tofu

Hope you are doing ok. I hope they told you NOT to suck anything. lol Meaning.............. no straws, cigarettes that might pull out the clots in your gums. IF you lose those vip blood clots well just count on visiting your doc twice weekly for clove packs , irrigations, tons of pain meds a small gun to shoot your brains out with and forget working, eating, doing anything that requires more than clicking a remote. Those lack of blood clots are called dry sockets and are incredibly painful. So don't eat anything besides mush till you are healed to be safe. Hope you like Cream of Wheat, mashed potatoes, jello, pudding, ice cream.
I am not trying to alarm you I just was never told about the straw deals and whoa I about lost my mind due to the pain.
I have 3 pain events in my life
1- dry sockets scale of 1-10 is about a 10
2- natural childbirth pain scale is OFF THE CHART
3-ruptured discs in back- pain is an 8

Glad you enjoyed the nitrous o2....... can't take that stuff it put me in the Tunnel heading toward the light. Woke up in dental chair with my feet over my head and oxygen running fullblast and some emergency meds being pushed in IV Not a FUN drug unless you like dirt naps.

Yeah Codeine is a barfy drug... get yourself some Lortab has less yuck facter and take with food.
Very Happy Very Happy Hope you feel better soon

cafn8d

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:30 am   Reply with quote         

Just a couple of years ago, I went to the dentist for a cleaning... we hadn't had dental insurance for a while so hadn't been to the dentist in several years. He found my first cavities. Never had a cavity before. Both rear teeth on top, left was much worse than the right.

Came back to have the left one drilled and filled first. Had the local anesthetic, whatever they call novacaine nowadays. Discovered that I'm resistant to it... that is, even after about 10 shots, including several in the roof of my mouth where the main nerve is supposed to be, he kept putting me through the roof in pain as he drilled. I finally had to go to an oral surgeon to have the tooth pulled. Crying or Very sad

Was it as bad as some of your horror stories? Of course not... but it was still a nightmare. LOT of pain for several days. The other cavity wasn't as bad... but I still felt him drilling towards the very end of the procedure. I still cringe every time I go for a normal cleaning, but so far, no more cavities.

Anyway, that's the story behind this very fun flash Splodge made to cheer me up at the time. It's certainly suitable for all of us in this thread. Enjoy! Laughing http://www.hallcross.co.uk/SplodgeStuff/caffine.htm

blue_lurker

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:18 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:21 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks manic & caffy.

I did ice my jaw. The routine was 15 minutes on and then 15 minutes off. Kept that up for 3 hours even though I just wanted to sleep. I was also warned about dry sockets and avoiding the straws (and even remembered this from when I had my upper wisdoms pulled). I'm so fearful of getting them that I don't even slurp my soup off the spoons and just pour the spoonful into my mouth! Laughing

Like caf I am also resistant to Novocaine. I had a similar experience at a previous dentist. I told him it didn't work so well on me and that I needed gas too. He told me that they don't gas adults there and apparently didn't believe me about the resistance to the shots. He shot me up when I later winced from the poking around he shot me up with some more. Finally he started drilling the cavity and I kept wincing from the occasional shooting pain (that I was resigned to just coping with). He said "You can still feel that?" and when I replied "uh-huh" he literally said "Well I've already given you as much as I can. So I'm done here." AND HE LEFT! Needless to say I have a new dentist now and up to now I haven't had any problems with him.

A doctor friend told me that some people are resistant to some local anesthetics (including Lydocaine used when you get stitches Shocked). Another co-worker was told that around 10% of people have a unusual nerve location that makes them appear to be resistant to the shot when the shot really just needs to be placed up higher and to the back in the jaw.

The apprehension for drilling/poking and not getting good results from the shots are why I get the NO2. Up to now I've never had problems with having it (other than my insurance won't pay for it for adults. Bean-counting assholes.). But this time I must've gotten too much of the gas (i.e. wrong mix or too much time under the mask). At one point the dental assistant and dentist were talking about "having trouble getting the bag to stay full" and he said something about me having "big lungs" and "really sucking it down". But by then I was already flying in low orbit so I don't remember the whole conversation. I think I had too much gas because toward the end of the procedure I started retching. Didn't blow but sat there retching for a long time. Then a few hours after I got home I went to the bathroom and had to fight passing out. Felt the blood rushing, started getting tunnel vision, weak knees, etc. Ended up stumbling to the bed and had my daughter get a cold wet towel for my forehead. Eventually it passed and I napped for a few hours.

All-in-all this has not been a pleasant experience. Not horror story bad but not walk in the park good either. Thought about getting a different script for pain but I think now I'll just try ibuprofen. Confused

Now excuse me please. I've got to go get my oatmeal ready for breakfast.

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

If you don't have a problem this am, you will probably be okay on the dry socket deal. My oral surgeon said it was more likely to occur in the first day and with the lower teeth .

I had all 4 wisdoms out years ago under full general anesthesia. I had 2 dry sockets only on the bottom molars. I guess my pain was just bad because it was 2 sockets.

I had another molar pulled which now has a beautiful bridge but it was a lower molar and it was a dry socket event too and I was aware of the issues and babyied that damn socket but I guess some people maybe prone to that????

I would pass personally on no2 and take no anesthesia if given a choice...... you know the old shoestring on doorknob way. Since you guys were discussing the novacaine..... wow I fall in that same category. I had 3 shots in the roof of my mouth and I feel it too...... I hate drills.... All I know about novacaine is that it makes me incredibly NERVOUS so that I can't sit still..... when they give it to me I ask for the kind that has less epinephrine in it but they love that epi cause it reduces bleeding but with me It gets my heart rate going oh well I am a dentist's nightmare just give me some IV valium and have your way. lol

Glad you are doing okay.........!!! Very Happy

Tarmac

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Glad you're doing okay too. Smile Hope things get better soon for you. Very Happy Very Happy

Sounds like you've on the edge of hell and back.

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         

It's been almost a week and I was miserable for the entire time. I've been taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen like it's skittles.

Finally went back to the dentist today and found out I had dry sockets. Shocked

I didn't think I did as the pain was not excruciating. Just a constant, strong, throbbing ache. He packed me with the clove stuff and 15-minutes later POOF!

I FEEL GREAT!

But I feel like a dumbass for not going in on Monday. There's a lesson here kids. Don't try to be macho and tough it out. Get yer butts back in when you don't feel right. Razz

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

last time I got two molar teeth taken down, I was not scared as they were killing me (had lost weight from the pain).
he took em down, the cracking noise and ten days long pain although I was on opioid painkillers was quiet a trip.
awfully sucky

delia

Post Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
It's been almost a week and I was miserable for the entire time. I've been taking ibuprofen and acetaminophen like it's skittles.

Finally went back to the dentist today and found out I had dry sockets. Shocked

I didn't think I did as the pain was not excruciating. Just a constant, strong, throbbing ache. He packed me with the clove stuff and 15-minutes later POOF!

I FEEL GREAT!

But I feel like a dumbass for not going in on Monday. There's a lesson here kids. Don't try to be macho and tough it out. Get yer butts back in when you don't feel right. Razz

I had a molar pulled last January, got a dry socket. Had to have three or four treatments with the clove stuff, but it works wonders. Tastes like crap though. Glad its' doing better!

http://www.track4va.com

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Oral Surgery - Reply to topic