Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What image sources do you use? - Reply to topic

Do you use Google images to get your sources

Yep!

20%

20%

[ 3 ]

Nope! I use another image source.

26%

26%

[ 4 ]

Some times I do and Some times I go to a different image source

53%

53%

[ 8 ]

Total Votes: 15

rockyjob

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:02 am   Reply with quote         

Well I mostly use google images or ask.com and sometimes I don't get satisfactory images and sometimes i dont even get matching results. I was wondering If anyone had a better image source I could start using ............ thanks all Very Happy

dumbat

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:13 am   Reply with quote         

used to use google images all the time. then i was looking for pics of chimpanzees and i discovered that while google images was very limited, flickr.com gave me a choice of around 10000 images, most of which were at a decent enough quality for chopping with

bigbuck

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:16 am   Reply with quote         

rockyjob

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:16 am   Reply with quote         

thanks dumbat Ill start using flickr.com

rockyjob

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:17 am   Reply with quote         

thanks bb Very Happy
anyone else know a good image source?

rashdog
Site Moderator

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:38 am   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:44 am   Reply with quote         

rockyjob

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:13 am   Reply with quote         

thanks tofu and rash Very Happy

rockyjob

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:40 am   Reply with quote         

someone advertise me please :p

bigbuck

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:44 am   Reply with quote         

Wiz

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:35 am   Reply with quote         

rockyjob wrote:
thanks bb Very Happy
anyone else know a good image source?

Try <Cute Overload> Website for animals, especially Mice that a certain PSC'er like to use Wink

Wiz

Wiz

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:54 am   Reply with quote         

thank you that was so unexpected,thanks

Oscar

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:31 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks led... I just took one of you sky images and I'm off to make millions off it.

WhimSea

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:53 am   Reply with quote         

web search engines (i.e. Google) are NOT free to use image catalogs. They're a good place to look for ideas, but not for externals - unless you add "royalty free images" to your search.

There are lots of royalty free, ok to use on commercial site, art websites. If you see a neat graphic on someone else's site - look for the copyright rules on their site (usually at the contact us link) and ASK them if you could use their image. Not all art has © copyright info on them, and if it doesn't have that, that does not mean it's ok to use it... it still has a copyright on it.

Try these places for free to sign up accounts, free to use photos. A few places will ask for credit on your image - just put it in your author notes. Showing your external links helps people know what work is your own and just how much work you did.

http://www.sxc.hu/index.phtml
Stock.xchg (my favorite) has a great search engine - very fast and lots of great photos - they're large too! Just read their usage rules. A few of the photographers would like you to email them what you've done with their art. When giving credit, give the photo number and website address.

http://www.FreeLargePhotos.com
I asked the owner of this site, if we artists at PSC could use their art on PSC, a commercial website. He said "sure! just give us credit and add a link to the site." Just list the photo, © Copyright 2007 [name of photographer], FreeLargePhotos.com.

http://www.freerangestock.com
They would like credit to the site and/or photographer. If you don't have a way to include the credit, that does NOT prohibit you from using the images.

http://www.public-domain-photos.com/
All photos on this web site are public domain. You may use these images for any purpose, including commercial. But if some photo contains logos and products you need to be careful. Using someone else's trademark commercially can get you sued. Ex: photo where a CocaCola logo is in the background, do something to it - blur it or scramble the letters or just remove it.

http://www.gimp-savvy.com/PHOTO-ARCHIVE/
The images and photos found in this archive come from three main sources: NASA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Admin., and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Each of these sites clearly state that their photos and images are in the public domain and give the conditions for their use. Please read their statements.

http://www.freephotobank.org/main.php
free stock photo site, Creative Commons licence, but don't forget to link credit back to FreePhotoBank.org

WhimSea

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:26 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="Oscar"]Thanks led... I just took one of you sky images and I'm off to make millions off it.[/quote]

sure go ahead oscar

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - What image sources do you use? - Reply to topic