Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How important are votes to you?? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

If someone points out a mistake you have made on your entry.

I will not edit my image to improve it because it may cost me votes

5%

5%

[ 2 ]

I'm here to learn and or improve my skills. I will edit it immediately

56%

56%

[ 22 ]

I don't get enough votes to worry about them so I would edit it.

7%

7%

[ 3 ]

I'm here to compete and for the prizes (if any) , the art comes second.

0%

0%

[ 0 ]

I want the votes first and maybe I will fix it later

12%

12%

[ 5 ]

How dare they tell me what to do. Who do they think they are.

7%

7%

[ 3 ]

I think If I fix it people will see that I care to put the effort in and they will give me a vote for that reason.

10%

10%

[ 4 ]

Total Votes: 39

ReyRey

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Just wonderin' This is not about anybody in particular although my other thread made me want to ask this question.

(Update) I should have added this as a choice but it's too late now..
" I really don't see what people are talking about when they comment" "I think it's fine"

annajon

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't know if how I feel about it is in the list above. Sometimes when I don't get any votes on the first day, I will edite the entry, to improve on it. And other times I get hints and tips from people and I look at the image and think take the tips and remember them for later in another chop.

And, when I am lucky, like I am at the moment, somebody who knows more about psc tells me they will give me a quick lesson on how to do something totally new. And that will help me understand the layer files from people like ReyRey Very Happy much better.

I am in it to learn!! And getting votes is a big plus, but comments and tips are much cooler.

Did you have that one in the list?

annajon

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:39 pm   Reply with quote         

And ............................ O look Paul .................. I found a new forum to respond to, and I beat you to it, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

delia

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:42 pm   Reply with quote         

If someone points something out to me (especially if it is a difficult improvement and can walk me through it) I'll do my best to change it. I don't always have time to, though.

I have changed a couple entries. I wasn't worried about the votes. If it is truly an improvement, the general public would notice and bring you right back up anyway.

I like to see votes, esp lots of them. It is good for the ego, but I am here to learn and improve for the most part. Practicing on images that I won't get yelled at for "borrowing" off a friend's website and the like is a HUGE bonus... Plus the variety of sources is so great, too.

http://www.track4va.com
creatrix

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Well, if I have time and inclination, I edit. Sometimes I just take what is said under advisement for future chops.

Votes are nice - they make you feel like you created something that someone is enjoying - but I don't get all worked up about them. I mean, sometimes my stuff plain old sucks no matter how much time I put into it, and NOT getting votes makes me go back and figure out why on my own. It forces you to look at your work the way others see it, which alone will help you to improve.

Who hasn't gotten 1 vote for a 15-hour chop, or even more perplexing, a bunch of votes for a quickie chop and then stood there scratching their head? The votes aren't about the amount of work you put in but the results you get.

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm here to learn,help,and primarily have fun ......votes are not an issue............and for those that think they are ...you have lost focus of what this site and all its cool people are all about ....

NOW STFUAC!

~5150

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Rey˛, would you double-check the spelling of the thread title? And if you find anything in error - would you change it?

ReyRey

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:

Rey˛, would you double-check the spelling of the thread title? And if you find anything in error - would you change it?

Nuthing coold possibly be rong width mie speling Hoo do yoo Think yur tawkin too? Evil or Very Mad Wink

TheShaman

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:41 pm   Reply with quote         

I used to get VERY VERY mad thinking this person or that persons trying to kill my momentum. Now I know most here are here to help, and not to hinder me. I normally will take the suggestions and at least try them. If I like the result, I will update my entry. If I don't agree, or don't know how to go about it then I will say so.

As soon as I stopped caring about my votes, and started paying more attention to details... Thats ironically when the votes started pouring in Laughing

My advice when working on an entry for PSC... Don't just get it done quickly so you're one of the first 12. Quality entries will always rise to the top no matter where you are in the field. So finish up your entry per usual, then put it down for a bit. Either for a few hours or a day. Then open it back up, and ask yourself, what else can I do to make this better? This way you'll also see anything you may have missed... Because we all know we all think 'my entry was perfect!' Laughing Wink

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

if (i think) it will Improve the overall message..or image....i will change it.......but other than that......i just remember what was said and try to improve the next one.......

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:54 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
I used to get VERY VERY mad thinking this person or that persons trying to kill my momentum.

I know! I've received a few of your rant pm's Laughing Twisted Evil Razz

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing I am not changing those bats Laughing

seriously though, I edit my images from time to time, depends on available time and size of balls up, if big, I make the time Wink Sometimes though I like to roll with the punches because I love the pain Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
TheShaman wrote:
I used to get VERY VERY mad thinking this person or that persons trying to kill my momentum.

I know! I've received a few of your rant pm's Laughing Twisted Evil Razz

we all grow up some time or other though right Laughing Hug

Site Moderator

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:08 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
...we all grow up some time or other...
I haven't. And I refuse to do so. I DON'T WANNA GROW UP!!!

See - total lack of criticism through the years.
Oh, wait - this was Rey˛'s other forum thread.
I'm confused.

billtvshow
Site Moderator

Post Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:09 pm   Reply with quote         

marcoballistic wrote:
seriously though, I edit my images from time to time

Yeah, they call those time spans epochs. Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - How important are votes to you?? - Reply to topic