Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Really good stainless steel tutorials? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

creatrix

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:15 am   Reply with quote         

Anyone know of any really good stainless steel tutorials? I need to do - for work - a stainless steel cooler interior. Here's the catch, though. The source pic has crappy resolution and the cooler is already stocked with soda and stuff. I've got a decent brushed stainless exterior on it without a problem, but the interior is being really problematic. Any suggestions?

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:23 am   Reply with quote         

Polished stainless or brushed stainless?

Also are you allowed to post the pic so we can see what you're talking about (since it's for work I didn't know if you were restricted)?

Edit: I have a dishwasher with a stainless steel interior (polished). It's kinda cooler shaped inside. If you want/need I can take a pic of the inside for you to use as a source? Confused

ReyRey

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

creatrix wrote:
Anyone know of any really good stainless steel tutorials? I need to do - for work - a stainless steel cooler interior. Here's the catch, though. The source pic has crappy resolution and the cooler is already stocked with soda and stuff. I've got a decent brushed stainless exterior on it without a problem, but the interior is being really problematic. Any suggestions?

Is it a shiny metal inside??? Maybe you can send me a link to the image so I can see what it is supposed to look like.?

splodge

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:25 am   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
creatrix

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:44 am   Reply with quote         

I can't post it. I don't think the damned thing has been made yet, so I really don't know, but I'm pretty sure the interior will be shiny. I've just started over - blew it way up, changed the res. and I figure I'll just recreate the whole damned thing barring some sort of cooler-photoshop miracle.

This is the best kind of job frustration there is: how the hell do I do this chop? Cool

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

i would think the inside to be shiney not brushed....although to make it give off that metal feel....it will have to have some sort of texture straeks to it....but most OLD metal coolers have a hard Plastic inside..with a metal outside.....but if you need metal....go with a GALVINIZED looking metal on the inside.

The link Splodge gave is a great link....put it in your Fav's......it will come in handy.

ReyRey

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:21 am   Reply with quote         

If it's shiny metal Start with a light gray gradient from light to dark. The light end being closest to your light sources. Start adding reflections from the objects in the freezer, Distort the images slightly. That should be a good starting point.

dewdew

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Bow ......to REYREY

You could not ask for better help......well you could ask for it....but you won't find it.....REYREY's name should be on the opening image in PS.....YOU know,....the one with all the names......i would get a pic up on the cooler quick......with REY2's help.....you could be instore for a raise. Cool

Speaking of the opening image.....wonder how Mark Mcquire made it.....and who named a child seetheroman..(that's as close as i can spell it). Razz

creatrix

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree - genuflecting to ReyRey AND Splodge.

Thanks, guys!!

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

is it an industrial sized cooler???
Laughing

Hallcross Toots
creatrix

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         

Actually, yes. It's a 2-door Powers Equipment cooler. Smile

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:33 pm   Reply with quote         

Hallcross Toots
creatrix

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Yep - I used that method for the external steel!

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:54 pm   Reply with quote         

If it's shiny steel you could also look for tuts on chrome or silver? Maybe even gold or glass and modify the techniques to what you need?

creatrix

Post Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:00 pm   Reply with quote         

whoo-hoo! I'm damned near blind, but I got it done. Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions! Smile

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Really good stainless steel tutorials? - Reply to topic