Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Tattoo artist - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

ReyRey

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:14 am   Reply with quote         

Is anybody here a tattoo artist????.. Shocked ...A good one Very Happy
I'm thinking I want another tattoo. It's going to be big. A sleeve.
I want it to have the front end of my motorcycle, My martin guitar, my sons, daughters and wifes names. (Allie, Dylan, and Katrina) My Uncle's nick name (Big Ron, hi died) some how worked into the starry night image from Van Gogh. Maybe all that stuff is on the top and fades into the starry night near my forearm. Anyone want to give it a try and design something??
Here is the bike. A 2000 vstar classic.

Here is the guitar

Starry night: http://articulations.smithsonianmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/vangogh-starry_night_ballance1.jpg

Tesore

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:32 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
I want it to have the front end of my motorcycle, My martin guitar, my sons, daughters and wifes names. (Allie, Dylan, and Katrina) My Uncle's nick name (Big Ron, hi died) some how worked into the starry night image from Van Gogh. Maybe all that stuff is on the top and fades into the starry night near my forearm.

That's all??? Shocked

http://www.andrewmcmahon.com/images/cheryl.jpg
http://www.allentattoo.com/gallery/upload/starrynight.jpg
http://www.futureclassx.com/bodypaint/alwunhouse/21/Starrynight/cloaked1.jpg
http://www.bodygraphix.com/gallery/albums/j/thumb_j_125.jpg

Google » images » http://images.google.com/images?q=starry%20night%20tattoo&hl=nl&lr=&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wi

"But to look at the stars always makes me dream."
~~Vincent van Gogh~~

creatrix

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:35 am   Reply with quote         

Jeez, ReyRey... you better be eating a few extra Big Macs a day - you're gonna need on HELL of a big bicep for that! Laughing

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:39 am   Reply with quote         

I spent some months with tattoo-artists. Let me say you: bikes go bye, also guitars, persons become older, in first line you, and when you are old, you will see the hanging faces of strange looking people from your arm (with the limp skin) and wish, you wouldnt have done this Laughing

annajon

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:47 am   Reply with quote         

That's OK, when ReyRey goes into a retirement home and he has shrunk in body volume, leaving his skin to big for his bones, all the nurses will come by his bed every morning and say: "Grandpa, can we read your picture book again??" And then they will fold the skin on his arms over and over, to look at it.

Twisted Evil

TheShaman

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

Shocked wait? the man who basically RULES PSC is asking us mere mortals for a design?
what? you loose your mouse or summok?
I'd love to help, but I don't want to be responsible for you putting something permanent onto your body, thats gonna just sag and look like crap in 20 years. Plus the fact that I have no idea what you're really asking us for Laughing

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:59 am   Reply with quote         

I already have tattoos and I am not putting anyones faces on me. Just their names. (so I don't forget who they are Shocked Laughing Laughing ) and I don't think I'm going to live long enough to get saggy anyways Confused Wink although it would be nice and if I do live to be old I won't give a F$@#! anyways. Laughing Laughing My tenth anniversary is coming up and my wife and I are going to get tattoos. She's going to get something small and pretty.
I like how these look Tesore. Thanks. http://www.andrewmcmahon.com/images/cheryl.jpg
This would be nice near the forearm.

Tesore

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:27 am   Reply with quote         

Okay, I have made you a new guitar, but your body is your own problem! Rolling Eyes

Laughing Wink Laughing

This is my tattoo, without the background colours:

ReyRey

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:33 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:

Where is it located? Twisted Evil

ReyRey

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:34 am   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Okay, I have made you a new guitar, but your body is your own problem! Rolling Eyes

Laughing Wink Laughing

I wish I had that guitar. That looks soooo cool. Cool Cool

dewdew

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

i have been tattooing for a few years.......have never tried to get a license because in my state they were illegal until this past year. Now that they are legal..the guide lines to open a shop are pretty stiff.

I get the Van Gogh......i get the names......the gitar and the bike.....but all together???.....The VanGogh Stary night is dark....so the names are going to be hard to find in all the mass swirls. Also the names would stick out like a sore thumb on the swirled van gogh Because of the difference in style and symetry.....in other words.....the vangogh would have to be done by someone who is into and can pull off a convincing Vangogh....There is a guy in North Carolina the runs INK LINK tattooing......he is the only artist i know who maybe able to pull ogg a convincing Van Gogh.......let me play around with the ideas a little.....we will come up with something.

Some recent Tattoo's by DEWDEW.....o.k.....only ya'll know me by DEWDEW.....the rest of the world calls me NEAL.....or MF.....when they are pissed. Wink

Ever tattoo on his back is done by me.

back of friends calf...notice how his dumb ass spilt my ink... Rolling Eyes FRIENDS Rolling Eyes ....wife was extremly happy Confused

SAM....well his name is Darrell Hubbard......but we have called him SAM his whole life.....something that was started by his mother....she use to read him a book about a boy named SAM?????? Laughing ..damn good thing she did not read HANSEL AND GRETAL.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:20 pm   Reply with quote         

wow dew! That is nice work you have going on there. You are expert I think.

I don't have a tat. But I would go in for body piercings. Maybe an eyebrow or navel pierce. Lately all I see are nose piercings with a diamond stud in the side of the nostril. These look nice.

If you get a tat.... forget about getting an MRI unless the dyes have no metals in them. I was told that the magnetic parts of the Magnetic Resonating was painful to the tat areas...... I don't know if this is a urban myth but It makes sense...... Are you sure REY you want to risk a painful MRI down the road? What with all the body scans for cancer you have had to endure?

ReyRey

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:28 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
wow dew! That is nice work you have going on there. You are expert I think.

I don't have a tat. But I would go in for body piercings. Maybe an eyebrow or navel pierce. Lately all I see are nose piercings with a diamond stud in the side of the nostril. These look nice.

If you get a tat.... forget about getting an MRI unless the dyes have no metals in them. I was told that the magnetic parts of the Magnetic Resonating was painful to the tat areas...... I don't know if this is a urban myth but It makes sense...... Are you sure REY you want to risk a painful MRI down the road? What with all the body scans for cancer you have had to endure?

I have tats now and it never hurt me. Rolling Eyes

dewdew

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks Manic....it's something that i enjoy.....everyone watches for my tongue....they say that when i get into drawing..instead of just tracing the stencil......the tongue hangs out....and the pain gets intense.....PUSSIES....TATTOOS ain't suppose to tickle anyways. Cool

Old kit....but works great.

New kit.....may be going to use today,.. if the person shows up.

Most inks have very little metal if any......some of the Blacks do have Carbon in them.....but not enough to be effected by an MRI......most tattoo artist won't use golds or silvers that have a high metal content.....mainly because everyone's skin does not react to them the same way......and you don't want a person going to the hospital for a rash that was caused by such ink......also... GLOW in the Dark colors are no'no's......they are developing new and improved inks...but the chemicals that make them glow are dangerous.

Post Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Rey - Hey I am glad that isn't an issue for you really..... get something wicked then. Very Happy

Dew..... that's some awesome kit of ink looks very painful like you could put an eye out with that stuff! Laughing

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Tattoo artist - Reply to topic