Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - full-size source after pre-post - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

dumbat

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:30 am   Reply with quote         

can you get hold of the full-sized version of the source after you have pre-posted an entry? Confused

annajon

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:59 am   Reply with quote         

dumbat wrote:
can you get hold of the full-sized version of the source after you have pre-posted an entry? Confused

Why don't you safe the original on your computer and safe the layerfile of the image you make and the image you want to publish after creating with a NAME, not the original numbers gobledygook that the site gives it, then you have a copy of the original image on your computer until you throw it away.

Which one is it you need?

dumbat

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:04 am   Reply with quote         

mainly cos i'm not organised enough Razz

usually i find a copy of the original source in one of my psd files but this time the only one i found was shrunk

it was the jump seat source. don't worry, the lovely eve is sending it me

splodge

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:13 am   Reply with quote         

contests > contest archives

Hallcross Toots
dumbat

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:18 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
contests > contest archives

but that doesn't include future comps

splodge

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:22 am   Reply with quote         

that's what advantage is for

Hallcross Toots
dumbat

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:24 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
that's what advantage is for

but i have advantage, i just can't view a future source after i've already posted a chop for that contest and i've been too disorganised to make a copy of it on my local pc Smile

WhimSea

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:39 am   Reply with quote         

just go to your advantage calendar and click on the photo, it should load up in your browser window just like it normally would for you to then download to your desktop...

dumbat

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:44 am   Reply with quote         

WhimSea wrote:
just go to your advantage calendar and click on the photo, it should load up in your browser window just like it normally would for you to then download to your desktop...

no - cos i've already posted, i get taken to my (full-sized) chop. if i click on "View" i get taken to my small-sized chop. i can't see any way to get the full-size source once i've pre-posted

bigbuck

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:05 am   Reply with quote         

I usually save the next 7 (large) sources on a Sunday when they come out. PM me and I can email to you if need be. I've really never tried hunting for the large source after I've posted...

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:09 am   Reply with quote         

dumbat wrote:
WhimSea wrote:

no - cos i've already posted, i get taken to my (full-sized) chop. if i click on "View" i get taken to my small-sized chop. i can't see any way to get the full-size source once i've pre-posted
if you go to advantage --> it shows the thumb nail of the pre posted entries you have submitted... under those it give edit & view for options. --> view it will show up as a reg page then to the side you'll see the original source image--> click on that and copy save it hope that helps Wink

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!
janetdog

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:16 am   Reply with quote         

See my pictures folder. I make a new file for everything I chop. How can you chop in chaos? Where do you keep your psd's?

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:20 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
if you go to advantage --> it shows the thumb nail of the pre posted entries you have submitted... under those it give edit & view for options. --> view it will show up as a reg page then to the side you'll see the original source image--> click on that and copy save it hope that helps Wink

nah, i get the small version of the orig src when i do that Razz

dumbat

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:22 am   Reply with quote         

janetdog wrote:
See my pictures folder. I make a new file for everything I chop. How can you chop in chaos? Where do you keep your psd's?

actually my psds are all organised into their own folders. but in this contest i just didn't save a copy of the full-size orig src in any of them

anyway, what's wrong with a bit of chaos? Wink

dumbat

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:23 am   Reply with quote         

doublepost

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - full-size source after pre-post - Reply to topic