Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - full-size source after pre-post - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

WhimSea

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:30 am   Reply with quote         

so, you've clicked on the photo in the advantage calendar, not clicking on view, but clicking on the photo... and then did you try to download it?

OR if you go to view your entry you've uploaded, does the source photo not show up in the top right of that view page, just where it normally does? Do you see a link below that "download original"? is that there?

you know, the very first thing I do when I chop is DUPLICATE LAYER and then turn off the 1st original layer -- also after I've done a few things, I save the file as a .psd file, so then I have the original jpg and then have another copy of the original in that hidden 1st layer in the .psd file.

WhimSea

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:34 am   Reply with quote         

OH, 2 other things....

on the home page of PSC (when you're logged in), you see the smaller version of the Advantage calendar. There are two link boxes in each one... the left one is to get to the original source. The right one is to either upload an entry or view one you've uploaded.

in those messages before when I was saying to click on the photo in the Advantage calendar, I was talking about the larger view of the calendar, the one you see when you click "Advantage" in the top menu items. So you should be able to get the source photos in either place.

dumbat

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:41 am   Reply with quote         

noooooo Razz

i've tried all these things

i've tried clicking on Advantage and getting the big-sized advantage calendar, but none of the links here provides me with the full sized original source. the only 'download' link, (visible after clicking the View link) is to download the full size version of my chop, not the orig src

the front page advantage calendar only has 'edit' on the contest in question, as i have already posted an entry for it

you can download the full size original source from an open contest ('download original') but not from a yet-to-open contest

looks like it's not possible...

never mind, thanks all for trying Smile

(i always put the orig source in the bottom layer of my psd files, but this particular chop was a gif and i resized the image smaller before saving and overwriting the existing psd)

annajon

Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:31 am   Reply with quote         

dumbat wrote:
NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
if you go to advantage --> it shows the thumb nail of the pre posted entries you have submitted... under those it give edit & view for options. --> view it will show up as a reg page then to the side you'll see the original source image--> click on that and copy save it hope that helps Wink

nah, i get the small version of the orig src when i do that Razz

If you click on edit under your already entered image, you then find DOWNLOAD the original image on the right hand side, it will give you the full image. Just make sure you have closed all the previous opened windows when you try or you will think it does not work... Confused

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - full-size source after pre-post - Reply to topic