Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Favorite Chopping books? - Reply to topic

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:16 pm   Reply with quote         

I just found a book on channels appropriately called "The Photoshop® Channels Book By Scott Kelby". I'm not far into it but what I've seen thumbing through it I really like.

Anyone else got chopping books they really liked? Photosop/GIMP/PaintShop Pro lets hear about them. Cool

More on the book I mentioned in case anyone wants to find it:

The Photoshop® Channels Book
By Scott Kelby
Publisher: Peachpit Press
Pub Date: February 14, 2006
Print ISBN-10: 0-321-26906-3
Print ISBN-13: 978-0-321-26906-5
Pages: 288

MindGraph

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:23 pm   Reply with quote         

maybe not exactly for choppin but I'm a huge Scott Kelby fan and love his "Down and Dirty Photoshop Tricks" collections. The best thing I like about him is that you open his books and just start making cool stuff. Not a bunch to read before you start playing...

cherylm329

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Synthvet

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:16 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
maybe not exactly for choppin but I'm a huge Scott Kelby fan and love his "Down and Dirty Photoshop Tricks" collections. The best thing I like about him is that you open his books and just start making cool stuff. Not a bunch to read before you start playing...

Yeah, Scott Kelby books are the best!!!....I've got 4 of them

1. Down and Dirty Tricks(CS).....(I wish all of his books had those side bar notes) Very Happy

2. Photosop Channels.....don't let the title fool you(I know, it sounds really boring)...lots of good info, and like all of his other books, he walks you through step by step on lots of projects

3. Photoshop CS3 for Digital Photographers....another all around great book...over 400 pages of very useful info...really helpful if you're new to "camera RAW"

4. 7-Point System....really simplifies what you need to do.....shows how to "save" alot of less than desirable images

Wiz

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:11 pm   Reply with quote         

"My favourite PS book is called 'Photoshop CS Bible' by Deke McClelland! And he's been writing PS ref books since 'Photoshop Year Blob'... I know, because I have all of them on my shelf! Wink

Here's praise from who else, but GOD Himself! :-

"I've been involved with Photoshop for over 7 years, and for as long as I can remember, I've had Deke brooding over my shoulder. Deke takes you through Photoshop and covers a lot of areas with impressive depth".

MARK HAMBURG. Adobe Principal Scientist & Architect for Photoshop

Wiz Shocked Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

MindGraph

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Synthvet wrote:

2. Photosop Channels.....don't let the title fool you(I know, it sounds really boring)...lots of good info, and like all of his other books, he walks you through step by step on lots of projects

ok...now I want the channels book. Every time I look at it I think exactly what you said but read some forums and people were recommending it and now your comment has made me want to go buy it now. Ya just don't think theres much to do with a channel but I guess there is.....

dewdew

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I just saw a cool Tut the other day on making water....it involved using the RED and GREEN channels. After adding texture and adjusting the perspective..you save as a psd....and overlay the saveed file on a blue shade BG.....really looked nice....some of the best i have seen.
What are the prices on the book's????
.....I hope nothing like the TOP SECRETS Video....which... before they lay you off Tofu....That video could accidently fall into your briefcase....you know how things get Misplaced during a cutback. Smile

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:41 pm   Reply with quote         

dewdew wrote:
I just saw a cool Tut the other day on making water....it involved using the RED and GREEN channels. After adding texture and adjusting the perspective..you save as a psd....and overlay the saveed file on a blue shade BG.....really looked nice....some of the best i have seen.
.....I hope nothing like the TOP SECRETS Video....which... before they lay you off Tofu....That video could accidently fall into your briefcase....you know how things get Misplaced during a cutback. Smile

I always make backups of my disks. That way I don't ruin the originals. Wink

dewdew

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:54 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
dewdew wrote:

I always make backups of my disks. That way I don't ruin the originals. Wink

Cool ROGER that..... Twisted Evil

yello_piggy

Post Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:34 am   Reply with quote         

Katrin Eismann edits helpful books...

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Favorite Chopping books? - Reply to topic