Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Flash help requested - Reply to topic

the202
Site Moderator

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:59 pm   Reply with quote         

One of the departments where I work is a community based research group. I've been assigned to help with one of their projects. Essentially they received a small grant to help tell the story about a first-time parent program called Every Child Succeeds.

The participants in this project used disposable cameras to take pictures that best "told their story"...sort of a Photo-Autobiography. The resulting photographs and small stock cards with personal quotes and passages were assembled onto posters.

In all, about 30 posters were created - all the same size but each depicting a different theme. I have been digitally "recreating" each poster into a nice 2100 by 2800 pixel .jpg.

My task is to build a basic web page that will load a "poster" image and allow someone to "move" around various parts of it, causing important sections to "magnify".

Here is a perfect example of what I want to do.

http://www.flashvillage.com/templates/Magnify/index.html

Aside from the magnification, no other interaction need occur. I signed up at the site that hosts the above template, and downloaded all the files that make it up.

So to my request. I have Flash CS3, I have the template referenced above, and I have .jpgs I wish to "insert" into this template. The trouble is, I have no idea how to use flash. Can anyone help me with this problem?

The final product will actually be very simple and once I can produce 1, I can produce many since it will be a matter of inserting a new image. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bigbuck

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:00 am   Reply with quote         

splodge?

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:06 am   Reply with quote         

Very Happy

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:20 am   Reply with quote         

open flash > 3 layers x 35 frames, might need more layers later for buttons, text ect, place the posters 1 on each of the last 30 flames, this many bitmaps are going to need a preloader, get one from the net,
convert each poster into a 'movie clip' >modify > convert to symbol > movie clip,
go into each 'movie clip' and convert the poster into a 'movie clip' again, this where you do your magic with the magnafier (never done that myself) but there's a load of free action script sites out there,
go back to sceen one (button above start of timeline) make another layer, call it buttons, numbers 1 to 30 if you want to do it like that, convert each button into a 'button' >modify > convert to symbol > button, on button one add the action script ,,,,,,,,,on (release) {gotoAndStop(6); },,,,,,,, button 2 same again up the number in the script to 7, rinse repeat,,,,,,,,,,,if you dont want 30 buttons just put a 'next' button on each poster/page/frame, on (release) {gotoAndStop(Next); },,,,,,,,
there's many ways of doing this job but i think thats the easiest, well easier still, send it all to me Smile
i'll be busy for a few days but i can make a start for you, once you have done one poster it's just a case of copy & pasting the code, same with the buttons,

Hallcross Toots

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Flash help requested - Reply to topic