Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - I really need some GIF help....I'm gonna lose it!! - Reply to topic

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:36 am   Reply with quote         

I have PS and when I make my layers and then switch to ImageReady, everything seems great but when I save it in Photobucket the frames are a mess. You can see the image but it looks choppy, kind of like 'cutout' option under Filters.

I have tried starting out w/ different resolutions and everything! Can s/o please help me?!

Thanks!
Jess

ReinMan

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:08 am   Reply with quote         

sunkissedjm wrote:
I have PS and when I make my layers and then switch to ImageReady, everything seems great but when I save it in Photobucket the frames are a mess. You can see the image but it looks choppy, kind of like 'cutout' option under Filters.

I have tried starting out w/ different resolutions and everything! Can s/o please help me?!

Thanks!
Jess

I no unnerstan choo?

whachoo mean, "FRAMES ARE A MESS"? Whatchoo mean by "frames", man?

Choo makin' a anymated GIF? Choo got some splainin' to do!

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:16 am   Reply with quote         

Yes, animated frames. It ends up looking like a 'cutout' sort of from the filters menu. I can't post a link b/c I am a new member here and it tells me I have to have made 5 posts b/f I can do that.....geez!

What can I do to make it NOT normal?

I have tried bumping up my resolution and everything??? Crying or Very sad

Oscar

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:31 am   Reply with quote         

Send me a PM with the link... I'll post it for you.
Very Happy

I seen some pretty nice animations, but this is by far the best. Superb... made out of win.

I know what your talking about, the lines that show on the babys face. Thats the gif quality, use more colors. I'm not really sure if it will help since most gif images look like that. You would need to ask some of the giffy magicians here.

annajon

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:57 am   Reply with quote         

Is that your baby Sunkissedjm? Nicely done, this gif!

I have noticed that the more colours you use, and the BIGGER the gif stays, the better the quality of the images. So try setting to 256 colours and safe in best quality to see if that will help. But always keep the original you started with in Photoshop as a seperate layer, so you don't need to start allover when you accidently safe the wrong layerfile in psc.

bigbuck

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:47 am   Reply with quote         

That's really very good for a 90Kb gif. You could get up into the Mb if you really wanted. I'd be pretty happy with that.
Nice bub BTW.
Cheers.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

Thank you very much for the help Very Happy I will try to do the 256 color thing. See, I think I tried that about 2 weeks ago when I was doing another one and either it became too large to store in my Photobucket account or still came out choppy?? I was so ticked off by then, that I just gave up!

I will see how it works.....and probably will post again if no luck Confused

**And I really appreciate the sweet comments about my little one. He was 5 months on the 21st and being a new Mom has been such a joy!

Oh, and where do I find a GIF Magician?! Lol! Is there another spot on the board I should go with this question??

EDIT: I went back and looked at the settings and I am already at 256/Selective/No Dither/Web Snap 0%

ReinMan

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:08 am   Reply with quote         

I find that putting the DITHER to 100% and making sure your Dither choice is set to DIFFUSION will tend to smooth out those crunchy lines and lumpy bits.

Being that the average image has (in Dr. Evil's voice) MILLIONS of colours in it, the fact that a GIF can only have 256 means you'll have to deal with some lumpiness in the exchange to do your animation.

I'm surprised SPLODGE hasn't been along yet to say this, so I'll cover his ass (yet again): if you get a chance to play with the programFLASH, that will make all your animation of image dreams come true! Smile

But for a GIF, your image ain't that bad! Very Happy

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:09 am   Reply with quote         

sunkissedjm wrote:
...EDIT: I went back and looked at the settings and I am already at 256/Selective/No Dither/Web Snap 0%
Use the dither, dither is your friend, depending on the setting it will eliminate some of the color banding. Noise dither gives best results but larger file sizes. Regarding file size - go to optimized view and monitor the status bar at the bottom - by default it will show you the file size and expected optimized (gif) size. Play with the sliders in the Optimize palette to see how the estimated file size changes

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:30 am   Reply with quote         

This is for ReinMan. Nobody touch it!!!

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:07 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the tips. I am at work now but will try to mess with it later. I'll keep you updated Very Happy

ReinMan

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
This is for ReinMan. Nobody touch it!!!

So cold! So frosty! So.... BEERish! Very Happy Thanks!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - I really need some GIF help....I'm gonna lose it!! - Reply to topic