Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - aliased tut not working for - Reply to topic

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:23 pm   Reply with quote         

Hi. not sure what's going on but I've tried the Aliased tutorial twice already and and to no avail it looks horrible when i finish. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I think I keep on getting confused in the steps. specially in the end when the cropping and transforming>scale part and back to scaling - part. Not trying to bash the tutorial but it's just not working for me. Can anyone help? anyone have this tutorial but in simpler, more descriptive steps? Any help would be great. thank you.

Martrex

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:26 pm   Reply with quote         

hectord27 wrote:
Hi. not sure what's going on but I've tried the Aliased tutorial twice already and and to no avail it looks horrible when i finish. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I think I keep on getting confused in the steps. specially in the end when the cropping and transforming>scale part and back to scaling - part. Not trying to bash the tutorial but it's just not working for me. Can anyone help? anyone have this tutorial but in simpler, more descriptive steps? Any help would be great. thank you.

Maybe tie the tutorial you are talking about into your message so we can call it up and see what you're talking about. Cool

Marty

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:30 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

That tut never worked for me... to complicated.... anyways... why isn't there more tutorials on the tutorial section?

splodge

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:40 pm   Reply with quote         

oscar sayz,
That tut never worked for me... to complicated.... anyways... why isn't there more tutorials on the tutorial section?

we are working on it this week

Hallcross Toots

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Worked for me Smile

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:13 pm   Reply with quote         

I just performed the tutorial verbatim step by step. Seems to be OK. It may need a few extra steps to integrate the water edge better.
hectord27 wrote:
...specially in the end when the cropping and transforming>scale part and back to scaling - part. Not trying to bash the tutorial but it's just not working for me...
as far as the 'Transform' part - yes, it is a bit confusing. Before the Transform 400%, I first made the canvas size 400% to make sure it will hold the transformed reflection.

dumbat

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

i've used the tute a few times and if you have a flat horizon for your reflection there should be no problems

as far as the transform part goes, you could just resize the whole image to 400% instead of just the reflection layer. then to 25% after the displacement

anyway, you can miss this transformation out if you like, it's just to improve anti-aliasing in the result. if you can get a good result without it, don't bother with it

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I played with some other stuff, but it looks strange. Maybe it's the 'highlights'. ReyRey, heeellppp!!!

Micose

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:01 pm   Reply with quote         

vokaris wrote:
I played with some other stuff, but it looks strange. Maybe it's the 'highlights'. ReyRey, heeellppp!!!

just add a LEvel adj layer and ur done...dig the mid ranges.
Oscar

Post Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

If you are going for realistic this just doesn't cut it. The flood filter does the same too, the edge looks all messed up. I used to add a lil blur at the edge but it still doesn't look good. The water looks nice but teh edge just not.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - aliased tut not working for - Reply to topic