Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Gif Help - Reply to topic

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:52 pm   Reply with quote         

ive tried to upload a gif for the cats eyes contest, but constantly get an error.

image size is 500 x 394 px, and file size is 653 KB.

the only thing I can see wrong is the file size, but some others I have seen posted are much higher than 125 KB.

Is there a way around it?

Sorry, if this is a dumb question, but Im new here...... Cool

Tawiskaro

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:56 pm   Reply with quote         

Advantage members get 512k. You're stuck with the size limitation. Makes GIF creation difficult.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:00 pm   Reply with quote         

no its not a stupid question at all... for non advantage members they have to have gifs in the files size you stated advantage members are allowed larger file sizes.

if you are using image ready to make the gif play w/ dether and some of the other setting and you may have to loose a frame or two to achieve the correct file size. hope that helps Wink

cafn8d

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:12 pm   Reply with quote         

Right... Advantage members can post up to 512 kb files, non-advantaged members can only post up to 125 kb files.

The maximum file sizes allowed used to be smaller than even that (I think it was 125 for Advantage and 75 for non?) --but we didn't have the minimum pixel sizes to worry about--and some .gifs were TINY by the time they were down small enough in file size. Anyway, good luck!

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:16 pm   Reply with quote         

thanks for the help.

another dumb question.....how do you dither the image?

Im still learnign this stuff.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:25 pm   Reply with quote         

BigBadBen wrote:
thanks for the help.

if you have imageready for your program they are in the boxes to your right opacity,colors,diffusion etc play w/ those and you can hit the optimize tap on you image's window to see what you new file size will be. i'm not very good at them. you can get better advice and walk throughs from people like martrex (marty) or Bigbuck (brad) if they are willing to help you. good luck you can pm me the file if you want to so i can get a better knowledge of what your doing and try and help you that way.
-matt-

PSC is like a gang... i got beat in... if i leave... they'll beat me off!!!

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:28 pm   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
BigBadBen wrote:
thanks for the help.

if you have imageready for your program they are in the boxes to your right opacity,colors,diffusion etc play w/ those and you can hit the optimize tap on you image's window to see what you new file size will be. i'm not very good at them. you can get better advice and walk throughs from people like martrex (marty) or Bigbuck (brad) if they are willing to help you. good luck you can pm me the file if you want to so i can get a better knowledge of what your doing and try and help you that way.
-matt-

cool

I sent you the pic

I will mess with it, to see what I can do

thanks for the help

ben

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:51 pm   Reply with quote         

ok ben it looks like you have 42 frames all set to .2 sec. i got it down to 152.4 k by going to dither > where it says method select > nodither then go to > options > lossy and set it to 53. then go to where your image view box is and select the optimize tab to get these results. but thats as low as i can get it w/ out loosing one of the 42 frames... so my guess would to be start choping out some frames and keep hitting the optimize tab and take it from there.

its a very nice gif and your gonna loose a lot of image quality by trying to get it into the file size. i hope that helps you out also i did that in image ready try it see what happens good luck Wink
-m-

bigbuck

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:40 am   Reply with quote         

Can you cull out say every seventh frame?

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:13 am   Reply with quote         

I was finally able to navigate the french nonsense Laughing & sign up for Advantage.....

And I got it posted.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:25 am   Reply with quote         

BigBadBen wrote:
I was finally able to navigate the french nonsense Laughing & sign up for Advantage.....

And I got it posted.
ok cool ben glad things worked out for you Wink

TofuTheGreat

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:43 pm   Reply with quote         

BigBadBen wrote:

And I got it posted.

There's dedication! Can't get your chop in? UPGRADE TO THE RESCUE! Laughing

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Gif Help - Reply to topic