Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Flapping bird contest. psd file of Extinct (glass case) - Reply to topic

anabrin

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:33 pm   Reply with quote         

To those asked me for a tut of glass case, not a tut but here is the psd file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/94884681/flapping.psd.html

The "case edges layer"of flapping.psd are made from this file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/94887377/100_0151.psd.html

i modified that edges using edit-tranform-distort and then filter motion blur, 0º (verticals)and 90º(horizontals)
To make lateral glasses i used filter distort displacement map.

THANKS A LOT for your comments and votes Wink , i'm happy to achieve a 2nd place Cool whit this work.

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Great image that could easily have taken 1st place. I'd love to see how you did it, but I can't seem to get anything from these links beyond a registration page.

Oscar

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:20 pm   Reply with quote         

Thats the most realistic glass made with photoshop I seen so far... great JOB! Very Happy

anabrin

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Great image that could easily have taken 1st place. I'd love to see how you did it, but I can't seem to get anything from these links beyond a registration page.

Thank you Tawiskaro and Oscar!!
Very Happy
It is not necessary to register, I am not registered.
Only it is necessary to click in " Free ", wait 0.6 minutes, enter code non premiun user, and click download route teleglobe...and done Smile

if you know another site free upload, say me..

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:00 pm   Reply with quote         

anabrin wrote:
..if you know another site free upload, say me..
www.box.net works rather nicely. The free membership gives you 1GB of storage, 10MB max filesize. The files and folders you create can be easily shared. The paid versions (starting at $8/month) have more perks and features.

Tawiskaro

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:15 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks for sharing. The files are very informative. I have two questions, though. The uppermost layer in the image file shows at 100% opacity in my software. Did you do a flood fill in a shade of white at a low opacity to create that layer? Also, you've got a mask labeled "inner glow bird." I hid that and unhid it repeatedly, but I can't figure out what it's function may be. What does it do that I'm not seeing?

Thanks again. Very Happy

the burning couch

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Also, you've got a mask labeled "inner glow bird." I hid that and unhid it repeatedly, but I can't figure out what it's function may be. What does it do that I'm not seeing?

Strange.....It shows up real clear on my LCD.
Look at the left edge of the bird...the neck area and some under belly. It looks to be an edge/lighting integration fix....if I splained that properly.Rolling Eyes

Thanks for share'n that, ana Very Happy

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:34 pm   Reply with quote         

the burning couch wrote:
Tawiskaro wrote:
Also, you've got a mask labeled "inner glow bird." I hid that and unhid it repeatedly, but I can't figure out what it's function may be. What does it do that I'm not seeing?

Strange.....It shows up real clear on my LCD.
Look at the left edge of the bird...the neck area and some under belly. It looks to be an edge/lighting integration fix....if I splained that properly.Rolling Eyes

Thanks for share'n that, ana Very Happy

Hmmm. I'm using Paint Shop Pro. It loads PSD files--sometimes imperfectly. When there's an incompatible feature it normally announces that. In this case it didn't. I'll look at the comp version for comparison. The good news is I'm learning plenty from what I can see.

Mir

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:48 am   Reply with quote         

I have not been able to do much work in photoshop lately but I still pass through here as often as I can to keep up to date with what is going on. I think you have done an awesome job on this one and it is really nice of you to share the files. One can learn so much from them. Great Job!!

anabrin

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Thanks for sharing. The files are very informative. I have two questions, though. The uppermost layer in the image file shows at 100% opacity in my software. Did you do a flood fill in a shade of white at a low opacity to create that layer? Also, you've got a mask labeled "inner glow bird." I hid that and unhid it repeatedly, but I can't figure out what it's function may be. What does it do that I'm not seeing?

Thanks again. Very Happy

Yes Tawiskaro, i filled a rectangular selection with white at low opacity and about the mask labeled.. like the bourning couch said Smile

vokaris wrote:
anabrin wrote:
..if you know another site free upload, say me..
www.box.net works rather nicely. The free membership gives you 1GB of storage, 10MB max filesize. The files and folders you create can be easily shared. The paid versions (starting at $8/month) have more perks and features.

I tried it in box.net but it did not allow me to upload one of the files Rolling Eyes and I don't want to pay nothing Confused ...thank you anyhow Wink

Thanks tbc and Mir too Smile

ScionShade

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:51 am   Reply with quote         

You can log in as "guest"
password "venice"
and make a forum post...at bottom of text field is additional options..upload any size file or type you wish as big as you wish up to 5 gigs per upload
http://www.venicefla.us/forums/index.php?board=10.0
my site--paid up for ten years and has tons of space...feel free to
store whatever ya like there..

anabrin

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:08 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
You can log in as "guest"
password "venice"
and make a forum post...at bottom of text field is additional options..upload any size file or type you wish as big as you wish up to 5 gigs per upload
http://www.venicefla.us/forums/index.php?board=10.0
my site--paid up for ten years and has tons of space...feel free to
store whatever ya like there..

Thank you very much ScionShade, already take note Very Happy

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Flapping bird contest. psd file of Extinct (glass case) - Reply to topic