Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Art History Brush Help - Reply to topic

delia

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I used to do some stuff with the art history brush... I wanted to use it tonight and I am so frustrated! Mad

I have my image, made a new layer, filled it white, then go to stroke over the white layer with the art history brush.

NOTHING HAPPENS... It just stays white. Confused

I've used this a million times, so I know there is just some little setting I have wrong or something, but honestly, my sciatica kicked up today in full force, Crying or Very sad and I can hardly move Crying or Very sad , and I am tired and cranky and not in the mood to deal with crabby computers.

Any ideas on why this isn't cooperating with me tonight?

(Other than my computer is evil and trying to tick me off? Twisted Evil)

http://www.track4va.com
ScionShade

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I completely cured my sciatica, and it was pretty severe for years. Glucosamine, and the great thing is ya don't have to pay the $35 a bottle if you got Dollar Tree stores around ya. It takes a long time to work, expect months before you notice things are a little better, but it is a cure. Just takes a really long time , a couple years maybe, then ya still need to take take it, just not so much. Enjoy munching on the aspirins till then.
As for your other problem...you found a good use for the art history brush? aw now comon, KWIT PULLIN' MY LEG!

delia

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:06 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I completely cured my sciatica, and it was pretty severe for years. Glucosamine, and the great thing is ya don't have to pay the $35 a bottle if you got Dollar Tree stores around ya. It takes a long time to work, expect months before you notice things are a little better, but it is a cure. Just takes a really long time , a couple years maybe, then ya still need to take take it, just not so much. Enjoy munching on the aspirins till then.
As for your other problem...you found a good use for the art history brush? aw now comon, KWIT PULLIN' MY LEG!

I am preggers, so the baby kills my sciatic... It happened two out of my three other kids. I have to go to the chiro for multiple adjustments before it will be better, and have to go until I deliver at least once a week (better if I can go twice) and that is a long way away (August!)

I can't take anything but Tylenol... Wahhhh!

Good to know about the glucosimine, though. I may try that if the OB gives the OK on it.

As for the art history brush? I like it to create a bit of a 19th century pointalist (spelling?) effect to certain landscape images.... That's the only use I've found for it so far. HOwever, I still can't get it to work tonight, and I can hardly sit here anymore, so I think a long hot shower and laze on the couch is in order for the rest of the evening. Ouch!

http://www.track4va.com

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:17 pm   Reply with quote         

eh del.. I had a laminectomy at 22.. lucky me small back bones and discs but when pregnant I was bedridden the last 6 weeks over that pesky sciatica. Try lying on your left side with some chunky pillows between your knees as that will take the pressure off your spine. I remember now you can't lie flat on your back something to do with baby's circulation but that will help some.

also hey sister in law ordered this stuff called Monamine from accacia berry and it cured her knee joints.

you are the only person I know that actually uses the art history brush.. what in heck is it for?

ScionShade

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

OH, hey, if you got a powerful massager...hold it against yer low low low lower right side of back..as long as it's running , ya don't feel nothing.

FootFungas

Post Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, I dont know about the old people diseases:wink: but,
The reason The Art History brush wont work is you haven't selected a place in the history.
Try this.

Open a picture.

Invert the picture.

in your history click on the little box beside the OPEN state, a little brush should appear.

Now, Use the REGULAR history brush and paint around.
All it really does is paint back to a place in your files past, kind of a cheap mask substitute.

The ART history brush does the same thing except in a useless arsty type of way with swirls and the like.

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Art History Brush Help - Reply to topic