Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Any suggestions? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Oscar

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:47 pm   Reply with quote         

Maybe we should take a look at this thread over HERE!

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=8716

ScionShade

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I've tried to get this going before. Everyone thinks it's lame , but here goes again. I'd like to find a good, small non-profit organization, one that does something everyone, EVERYONE finds agreeable, one that is in poor shape graphics wise, and adopt them, make 'em big through our efforts.
change a little piece of the world.

bigbuck

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Tawiskaro wrote:
Yeah, I thought BigBuck's idea was good, too.

Easy!
All we need to do is submit some plain white source pics WITH a theme written on the plain white background. If BTVS approves them to go into the queue, then we can vote on them like any other source pic.
Simple eh?

Post Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:08 pm   Reply with quote         

Buck write up some themes that would interest you or you think would interest the crowd here. I think an illusion theme would be cool.

Tawiskaro

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:23 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
I've tried to get this going before. Everyone thinks it's lame , but here goes again. I'd like to find a good, small non-profit organization, one that does something everyone, EVERYONE finds agreeable, one that is in poor shape graphics wise, and adopt them, make 'em big through our efforts.

It doesn't sound lame. An organization I love, respect, and admire is the Carnegie Hero Fund Commission. They have a small staff of investigators working out of a small office in Pittsburgh. They award medals in recognition of Heroism--you know, people risking their lives to save others. They sometimes provide cash to needy heroes or to the families of heroes who lay down their lives for others. They don't make a big deal out of their activities, but they take the work very seriously. I think it is a noble thing they do, imho. I'd love to try chopping some of the acts of selfless courage described in their annals. Who could find what they do disagreeable? Fwiw.

Oscar

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:55 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:29 am   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
scion i have been addressed by a lady that i work w/ who volenteers at a local portland aftercare/christian little kids school. she asked me if i would be willing to paint some walls in the halls w/ murials. i agreed and asked what she wanted? she has no idea and is like basically open to anything children like ie playgrounds etc. so ih you or anyone else would like to help me brain storm ideas and possibly make chop of an idea on something if i fowarded photos of the hall ways would you or any one else want to join in?

please pm me if anyone is open to this idea or reply here but i don't wanna take away from the direction of this thread.
-m-
edit* i said i would help her out as much as i can*

bigbuck

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:23 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
dumbat wrote:
more variety. i'm bored bounce

YES!!!!!!! finally someone who agrees with me. I'm bored
Bored with what? Chopping? You rarely chop. Voting? You rarely vote. Posting off-topic replies on threads?

bigbuck

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:27 am   Reply with quote         

NOGOODSK8RPUNK wrote:
ScionShade wrote:
scion i have been addressed by a lady that i work w/ who volenteers at a local portland aftercare/christian little kids school. she asked me if i would be willing to paint some walls in the halls w/ murials. i agreed and asked what she wanted? she has no idea and is like basically open to anything children like ie playgrounds etc. so ih you or anyone else would like to help me brain storm ideas and possibly make chop of an idea on something if i fowarded photos of the hall ways would you or any one else want to join in?

please pm me if anyone is open to this idea or reply here but i don't wanna take away from the direction of this thread.
-m-
edit* i said i would help her out as much as i can*

You need an overhead projector....and a thermal transparency of a blackline master....of anything. Project it onto the wall....and paint within the lines. Too easy!

blue_lurker

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:09 am   Reply with quote         

You know what, I have been out of the loop for a few weeks and well I don't understand you Guys N Gals. Why cant we this Crying or Very sad and why cant we that Crying or Very sad . Well why cant you.....

Twisted Evil GET OFF YA ASSES AND BLOODY DO IT. Twisted Evil

If you don't need site approval then just do it. I started the Profiles by just doing it, sorting it out and bang away they went and now its a permanent part of the site. You think chop the chopper was approved and voted and talked and wined and dinned, shit no I just did it. Chop like a Viking day...yep once again just did it, tips n tricks threads, congrats thread, 2008 scavhunt, (Man that was some great work from Eve Ron and Splodge) man you guys either love to winge and whine but no one wants to do it.

SO

Instead of say what this place needs or why cant we have or why don't we...

SHUT THE F**K UP AND DO IT

Lurker

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:53 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks Blue for the input.

I am trying to sort out what people want the most here.. like triage-ing the bleeds/needs then organizing INTO TEAMS what needs to be done. Any volunteers are needed ...... now don't everybody pm me at once.. I expect some help on this. Very Happy

and don't be afraid to suggest what you want here for fear you'll be corralled into work. I don't work the whip too good. Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:57 am   Reply with quote         

Posted 2006 and guess what...aint happened yet but still some solid ideas

http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=4637&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

I can't though program the site to have an non-source image that has to come from inside with the programmers moderators.. and if enough people want something then we can what all pm poor Tofu/Splodge /BuiltTv and gang?

That is the problem I don't have that ability to make that kind of thing happen so WHO HERE DOES?

Wiz

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
I can't though program the site to have an non-source image that has to come from inside with the programmers moderators.. and if enough people want something then we can what all pm poor Tofu/Splodge /BuiltTv and gang?

That is the problem I don't have that ability to make that kind of thing happen so WHO HERE DOES?

"Then Learn my dear friend, learn, and we shall follow!"

Wink Wiz

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I hope Wiz you meant find the person who has the ability not take a crash course in programming. lol you must realize that the site would be so so messed up it would cure any gripes about the current site. People would be so happy to have the old site up and running after I got hold of the server/password/and mucked up the site really good... don't wish that OR is that the ANSWER? Laughing

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Any suggestions? - Reply to topic