Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Any suggestions? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

TutorMe
Site Moderator

Location: Sitting in this room playing Russian roulette, finger on the trigger to my dear Juliet.

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

So I'm not quite sure how to word this, and I'm literally thinking of this idea as I'm typing it. This is more for people who don't have advantage. When you don't have advantage, and you don't get your image posted the first day, it usually doesn't get seen by as many people, therefore, by the time it's seen, people are already out of votes. (With that said, I know thats all part of the non-advantage membership.)

Here's an example of my idea: A contest opens for submissions (for everyone, advantage of course could have already submitted) on monday. No votes can be made until say wednesday, and at that point, no new entries are accepted, but entries can be edited. From there, the voting period begins. Voting ends on saturday. This means that you can't vote until all entries are in (You wouldn't vote for president if you didn't know all of the candidates right?).
My thinking behind this is that for the non-advantaged, it would be easier to compete with people that had a month to chop. It still leaves plenty of an advantage for advantage members, but doesn't make it so difficult for non-advantaged to do well in contests.

Let me know if this explanation is confusing or if it's stupid. I really don't have much of a problem with the current system, but since the topic is "Any suggestions?" I thought I'd throw this out there.

So yeah......... STFUAC right? lol Laughing

Oscar

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Oscar wrote:
dumbat wrote:
more variety. i'm bored bounce

YES!!!!!!! finally someone who agrees with me. I'm bored
Bored with what? Chopping? You rarely chop. Voting? You rarely vote. Posting off-topic replies on threads?

hey! my opinion is valid Crying or Very sad now... where did I leave that 2x4?

bigbuck

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
bigbuck wrote:
Oscar wrote:
dumbat wrote:

Bored with what? Chopping? You rarely chop. Voting? You rarely vote. Posting off-topic replies on threads?

Wink

Wiz

Post Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:03 pm   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
Oscar wrote:
bigbuck wrote:
Oscar wrote:
dumbat wrote:

Wink

Boredom is when you want to masturbate and your WRIST suddenly develops a 'Headache'. (Now I know where Oscar got his Avatar idea from!) Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wiz

blue_lurker

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:24 am   Reply with quote         

Come on, you guys. Get real. You all keep saying IM BORED and THIS SITE IS GOING NO WHERE, and I need to learn this or bloody that to do some thing, need the mods to organise it, (in the case with h2h and reunion chops I agree).

If you want a themed contest, then shut up, pick a date, advertise and let the people decide if they want to play or not. You can start as many threads as you want hoping for someone else to take the time and effort to do it. Not solving your boredom is it.

You want to have some themed threads do as Buck said, send in blank images with your theme idea and let the mods post them in the source line up for votes.

If you want to chop an image that ain't in the line up, run it yourself. I did that with chop like a Viking day, chop the chopper and many others have run contests and side contests before.

There was the teams thing, Led and I had a great h2h contest run of site, gumbies, avatar contest aplenty, themed contest have been around here as well. This is not new to PSC and people have and will continue to create fun things to do here, there's no need to keep bleating about what you cant do, do what you can.

You guys ain't bored your bloody lazy. If you want this so much do the work and put in the time, but remember this if you do then expect someone somewhere not to be happy about it and make sure you have lots of room in your pm box for all the pms about how to make it better/fairer/bigger. Or just start a thread about how this place is so shit, but I still keep coming here cause its the bloody best PS site out there.

So there ya have it the answer to all your bored problems, but wait there's more...
(Insert sarcasm font here)
You could switch off, read a book, play a game, go outside and enjoy life...PSC will still be here when you come back and well someone may have made it more fun for you, and you did nothing at all....sweet aint it.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:21 am   Reply with quote         

OK everyone, I had a brain fart last night, not just any brain fart, it was a PSC brain fart... Shocked Confused imagine if we could open a seperate little slideshow window of the contest entries! with a Stop button! Shocked Razz That's right, no more clicking back and forth, no more missing recent posts, just sit there and look at all the images of the day...drinking coffeeeee Razz Does anyone agree? come on, you know you want it, write your congressmen, hit the streets! It's time for a PSC revolution! Twisted Evil Or did someone else already have this fart? Laughing Mad

bigbuck

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:13 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
You want to have some themed threads do as Buck said, send in blank images with your theme idea and let the mods post them in the source line up for votes.

This is the sort of thing I was on about. Just uploaded this one. We could have some serious fun with this sort of thing.

Oscar

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:29 am   Reply with quote         

Are any of this great ideas ever going to take off? I'd love to see some of bucks ideas put into action... also... where do I get a soapbox? Embarassed

bigbuck

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:46 am   Reply with quote         

Just knock out some ideas Oscar and post them as normal source pictures. If they get into the queue, then people can vote for them if they want them.

blue_lurker

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:02 am   Reply with quote         

Oscar wrote:
Are any of this great ideas ever going to take off? I'd love to see some of bucks ideas put into action... also... where do I get a soapbox? Embarassed

Take charge then Oscar, and get one started.
Instead of asking who why not do.

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:52 am   Reply with quote         

I don't know about that idea you have TutorMe. Part of the income of PSC is derived from paying members. If you take incentive away from wanting to go Advantage then it devalues Advantage.

I like Advantage for 2 reasons.
1- the pre-posting and editing
2- the size of the posts isn't so restricted.

I don't much hang in Adv chat but that's just me and I don't post source images and occ I do vote on the source images but for the money I don't think giving away what some of the Advantage stuff is about is that good.

PST has way way way more rules than PSC and they have this vote deal where you post the image for a few days then vote . People here may or may not enjoy that scenario. That idea doesn't bother me but it does complicate the programming here. If people just used a set number of votes for the first day and a set number for the second day you could vote for things that came in late which is how I vote. Of course some people spend all their votes in the first day. I don't know what the normal vote patterns here are.

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:00 pm   Reply with quote         

I also like that idea that Buck has.
here are some ideas too
1- color themes... you are given a color and make the most with it
2- shape themes
3-celebrity themes
4-skin disease themes
5-animorph (half people/half animal themes)

Just some ideas that are not bound by a particular source image would mix it up. anybody like these?

ScionShade

Post Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd like to suggest this really groovy concept whereby it is sorta like a theme, a chop, and photography, and stuff like that all willy nilly curvy wurvy timey wimey mixed together.
You take one of the model PSDs from this following site...screencapture the model from the psd or whatever ya do to save as a jpg, and open it up in PS, then use the supplied contest source to color it, redesign it, or whatever, print it, build it, photograph it, maybe rechop the end product into a scene...kind of a big project but hell,
there's every opportunity in this to do something amazingly cool.
The link : http://cp.c-ij.com/english/3D-papercraft/science/index.html

OOPS EDIT!!!!!
That was just one section--you can find anything and everything there to use
http://cp.c-ij.com/english/3D-papercraft/index.html

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Any suggestions? - Reply to topic