Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - HELP! Gif image size - Reply to topic

cpendy

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:55 pm   Reply with quote         

HELP!

Can you tell me how I can resize my gif image without making it super tiny so I can upload it. I have put so many hours into it. So far I have it down to
524x393 but it is still 603K (too large)

What can I do. If I take it down another percentage it makes the image below the required amount size but still many K's. Help!!!! Question Question Question

dewking

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:14 pm   Reply with quote         

cpendy wrote:
HELP!

Can you tell me how I can resize my gif image without making it super tiny so I can upload it. I have put so many hours into it. So far I have it down to
524x393 but it is still 603K (too large)

What can I do. If I take it down another percentage it makes the image below the required amount size but still many K's. Help!!!! Question Question Question

Are you optimizing it for the web? What do you have the optimization settings set to?

zebob 06/09 @ 11:14 am
im more of an alethic computer geek that doesnt play sports but is still strong.
cpendy

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

dewking wrote:

Are you optimizing it for the web? What do you have the optimization settings set to?

I don't know...

I am using Image Ready CS2 9.0 clicking on File, Save Optimized As... put in my file name and choose gif. There are no other options on that window. Sorry I am daft... how do I optimize it for the web? how to I work with optimization settings?

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:41 pm   Reply with quote         

Open the Optimize palette (Window - Optimize), open the optimized view (tab) of your image and look at the information bar under the image. The default setting in the right-hand information field is Original/Optimized File Size. Experiment with the Color Table and Dither settings (i.e. Adaptive 128 colors / Diffusion 85%) and monitor the file size in the Optimized view. Run play to see how it affects the quality of the gif. Play some more to fit in the restrictions.

bigbuck

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:52 am   Reply with quote         

You can still take it down in size a bit too. 500x350 min.

NOGOODSK8RPUNK

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:55 am   Reply with quote         

bigbuck wrote:
You can still take it down in size a bit too. 500x350 min.
i run mine to that setting as well up 550X450

i'm not all that good in gifs and dewking was the 1st one i believe to answer some of my gif problems. then marty was. but from what iv'e gotten from the both of them is to play w/ the dither and other settings and see what looks best some times loosing a fram helps etc. i hope that helps

Oscar

Post Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:15 am   Reply with quote         

I'm single. k tnx

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - HELP! Gif image size - Reply to topic