Ok choppers and chopperettes, Blue_lurker here. Many years ago this use to be a great learning sites, and in many ways it still is, but I have a dream.
Ok it did have midgets in it for the first halve but then it got serious.
How cool would it be to be able to PM one member and get the help from over 15 of PSC best choppers, ask questions and seek advice from a pool of the best. Cool idea huh, well now you can and all you have to do is follow
some real simple rules.
Now you have the choice to…
The concept is simple and the rules are easy to follow. I have set up an account called “grab-a-guru”, all you have to do is send a PM to that account and wait till one of our Gurus answers your PM. Once a Guru answers your PM you will be notified by a reply PM and your answer will be added to the Guru thread. (Once we have some questions the thread will appear in the forum) this way everyone gets to read and if they wish comment, but most of all learn from some of the best. Who are the gurus you ask, that’s up to them if they wish to reveal them selves but trust me I have been twisting arms and calling in lots of favours to get a good range of top choppers from PSC. You wont be disappointed.
Ok there are a few simple rules and it would be nice to see them followed, that way every one gets a fair chance to learn at there skills level.
1. Grab a Guru will only answer questions that are sent via PMs, so please don’t ask within the thread, and remember it’s about PhotoShop not how to get a date. K.
2. Questions about Images in on going contests are not
allowed, that includes questions on prize contests as well.
3. Make your questions clear and with as much detail as you can. Don’t just ask, “What’s wrong with this image?”
or “How do I make this better”
. Try before you ask you never know you may just get it right.
4. If you use the Gurus help in an upcoming contest image then give the Guru credit for the help he gave. They don’t get paid for there time and a thank you goes a long way.
5. It may take a few days for a Guru to answer your question and then a few more for it to be posted in the thread, so please be patient and don’t keep asking where is my answer. If your question is picked up by a Guru they will let you know via a reply PM. We will try to answer all questions.
So there ya have it, I and others thing this could be a great learning tool for PSC new and old members alike, and over time I hope to have special guest Gurus that have that special one of talent giving tips and tricks.
Lets try and keep this thread positive and on the right track for a learning experience.