Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Soapbox time - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ReyRey

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:40 am   Reply with quote         

Quick!! Someone get a box of midgets and a vat of strawberry jelly!!! HURRY!!! Surprised

Heinlein

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:10 am   Reply with quote         

This place has produced some top rate choppers that you guys have never seen. People like occecid, metalic, arcaico, kencd7, jasper, ledirlo, Hellekro, dewking and deshone just to name a few. It would be worth your wild to check out there profiles

It's funny how you mentioned the Veterans.

My entry today is dedicated to the old timers.

Maybe it's time for a reunion contest Smile

Tarmac

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:53 am   Reply with quote         

I understand burn out. I understand change. I also understand the need for happiness. If you're not happy, you must go now and wander to seek it, and I honestly hope you find that happiness at your journey's end. This PSC newbie (youngin) will always admire you and all your efforts here towards trying to build a community and welcome you back whenever you wish to return home. Until then .. Smile

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:13 am   Reply with quote         

Mr. Blue! Wait! I'm coming with you!
See you there

jasper

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

At least you still have enough energy to get on the soap box - some of us don't even have enough left in the tank for it!

much love

cafn8d

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:02 pm   Reply with quote         

I realized after I typed it out that this thread was more appropriate for my reply to Manic's post than the one she originally posted her reply in. And Manic, this really is not directed solely at you but at the many newbies who simply lack the experience to understand why "oldbies" may feel differently about today's PSC. Keep today's PSC in mind when you start critiquing tomorrow's PSC a couple of years or so from now. And when I say "PSC," remember that much of what makes a site what it is IS its active community.
manic_d wrote:
and imagine people wanting to leave the site when it really is a fantastic place!
Contrary to some this place has tremendous soul, I have some wonderful friends here that support me in good and bad. It's just a matter of having patience with each individual and some tolerance Very Happy

[borrows Blue Lurker's soapbox--and a step ladder to reach it]
PSC does have many good qualities to it, yes. But you are far too new here to know what today's PSC might be compared to, even just a year ago--which is still different from what it was two years ago. Even when I was as new as you, people were leaving with the same complaints: that they didn't like the direction PSC was headed in, the "heart" they were so attached to was dying or gone. And I am way too new to have experienced what their PSC was like.

PSC has a lot to offer for a lot of people, but nothing can please everyone. And as PSC and its community have changed and evolved over the years, it is certainly understandable that some previously happy users would become displeased and leave. I suspect many of today's newbies would leave or not be attracted to PSC in the first place if the overall flavor was still more like how it was even just 2 or so years ago. I miss that PSC. Many "oldbies" miss how it was before I came along. You may well miss how PSC is today after another couple of years of change. "To each their own." [/carefully climbs back down from soapbox]

annajon

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:59 pm   Reply with quote         

as cafs siggy says.....

I would still object to the to much me not enough us.....

Maybe it should have read: Too many good ideas for US... not enough people to work through them to make that all happen....?? Yes?

How many times have there been people on the forum submitting ideas to do things for ALL OF US, and then these ideas get shot down or drowned in remarks like "too many ideas ... nobody likes change.... o another idea, again...... etc. etc.

And there was not one word ME in those forums, but it were only a few people that voiced some remark, that killed those ideas off.

No wonder the new people on the site think this is a site that prefers the ME ME mentality. We are not accectly showing them the ropes, aren't we.

Demonic February is a whole month behind us now.... Spring is starting. Down under they will eventually get rain again, what will cool their minds and heads a little and leave room for more fun eventually.

We had Easter early this year... and Easter is, contrary to popular belief, still the season for HOPE! Better times... fresh starts. Lets hang on to that.

Early Sunday Sermon over now.

Micose

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

i dindt read all what ur wrote Blue, but i had to let u know that i luv u mate....and taht , if u thread was about complaint etc, i join with pleasure the Blurker's cause.... Cool

Micose

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:56 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
Quick!! Someone get a box of midgets and a vat of strawberry jelly!!! HURRY!!! Surprised

bwahahahahhah!

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

That's quite near Margaret River, Vokaris - was there in 2006, lots of wine and beer Very Happy

bigbuck

Post Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Doooooooooooooooon't go big fella!

Sassy

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:54 am   Reply with quote         

Blue is gone??? WTF happened around here??? ok here's some Blurker Bait....

Location: hum let me think, oh i know, if you look real hard i sometimes appear in your forum's text box

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:03 am   Reply with quote         

psc is calling for your return bro... the midgets ( or as we like to be called... little people Laughing ) have spoken. what ever happens in your decision you should know you'll always have a place here you old fart Wink

kinetic_be

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:04 am   Reply with quote         

Alright, I'm going to use this topic to make a fool of myself by asking 2 (probably idiotic) questions.

1: What does STFUAC stands for? (shut the f*ck up . .) AC ??
2: What is it with PSC and midgets-requests... ? Very Happy

HELP!

Synthvet

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:32 am   Reply with quote         

AC = and chop

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Soapbox time - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.