Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Wordy post ahead! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:32 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmmm..... Where to start......

I've gotten a few PMs and even a few emails asking whether or not I've quit PSC. I must say that those messages warmed my heart quite a bit. I will fully admit that I was ready to bail out on PSC. Those kind words brought the spirit of PSC back to me. Sounds corny but it's the truth. Seeing the messages made me feel appreciated. Anyone who says that it's not important to feel appreciated is blowing smoke up their own ass.

As to the rumors that it was Scion who drove me out you can put those to rest. I'm not going to point the finger at any specific person or event because truth be told there were several things that got to me. Yes Scion can be a prick at times but he can be a likable prick when he wants to be. After all he has to deal with that shitty Florida weather all the time. All that sun and warmth. I mean who could deal with all those beaches and palm trees and sunsets and bikini babes and.... where was I going with this again? Oh yeah...

The thing that set me off the most was the constant complaining and bickering. I finally had enough and decided that didn't want any more of it. I know I'm not the only one either. So I huffed off to get away from it. To Scion: if you feel that I was lashing out at you consider this my public apology directly to you. I was not directing my comments in a previous thread at you specifically. The timing of the posts and my poor wording made it seem like it. So I guess I played my part in the bitching and complaining and general downslide of the mood at PSC.

Anyway I've now had about a week of going through some serious PSC withdrawals and have come to realize how much this community means to me. It's been a cathartic and depressing week all at the same time. I feel rejuvinated from the break but not being around all of you has bummed the hell outta me. I mean SERIOUS BUMMAGE going on here folks. And do you know how boring the internet can be without popping into PSC at least a dozen times a day? Shocked

On the bright side I've gotten stuff done at work and even gotten going on some home projects. But all that aside I simply can't take the PSC-less life. I tried to find solace in StumbleUpon but the effing thing kept bringing up Photoshop tutorials or artwork. Like it was literally taunting me.

So my personal temper tantrum is over and hopefully the malaise that hit PSC like a ton of bricks has passed as well. I really and truly do care about you all. Confused

Now can we all see what we can do to get TheShaman back too? Sean's had his own PSC break and he's been busy in work life. But I have it on good authority that things are slowing down for him at work. So he's got fewer excuses to not come back. If you miss Sean then let him know.

Oscar

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:44 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:
Yes Scion can be a prick at times but he can be a likable prick when he wants to be. After all he has to deal with that shitty Florida weather all the time. All that sun and warmth. I mean who could deal with all those beaches and palm trees and sunsets and bikini babes and.... where was I going with this again? Oh yeah...

I don't know man... that sounds pretty good to me. Razz
Quote:

I tried to find solace in StumbleUpon but the effing thing kept bringing up Photoshop tutorials or artwork. Like it was literally taunting me.

Quiting PSC is not that easy... the the love for this place can reach indescribable levels.

... anyways It's good to see you back tofu( in the most manly way ) Hug

dewdew

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Tofu..glad ya back...nice timming too......may i use this post later ....maybe in a week or two.....i'll have to change the names alittle.....but i think it would work nice.....anyway....nice to see ya...and get to chopping sum'fin. Smile

Paul Von Stetina

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:28 pm   Reply with quote         

I try to tell people I know that don't PS, what PSC is about, off the top you would think it's just a contest, but this is a community of like minded people, some a bit crazy, some not so, but either way, we eventually meet someone here we get along with, and in some cases become great friends with, that you would say... donate a kidney to, if they needed one, (well not mine) Shocked
Do we have some sour ass people that get on our nerves? absolutely, but it's never really that bad, I can say I'm happy to be a part of this place, the only time I would take a break is because I don't have the time to chop, to do well in these contests, you have to be on your toes, and take some time to do it right Wink kinda like real life, so Tofu, what I'm trying to say is where are your Anfa Pants? Twisted Evil

cafn8d

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Hug Very Happy I'm very glad you're back, Tofu! A break is one thing; most everyone needs a break sooner or later... but it made me Crying or Very sad to think you were quitting PSC, possibly forever.

Yeah, StumbleUpon, even stumbling on PSC links, just ain't PSC. Though it's probably a good thing that cocklefighting game site is defunct or you might not have come back just yet, huh? Wink

ScionShade

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah. Sorry. I was really clueless as to what was going on.

Smile

vokaris
Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:16 pm   Reply with quote         

Seems appropriate to plug in a quote from "Blood Diamond"

When was the last time the world wasn't falling apart --Danny Archer

anfa

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:22 pm   Reply with quote         

Never Give up! Never surrender!Smile

Tesore

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:21 pm   Reply with quote         

Welcome back!

Shaman (and other regular choppers): please come home!

I’m a slow chopper… minimum 4 hours! And always need music! This is what I always listen to, sometimes repeat it the whole chop:
A Capella

Just because its gives me the PSC-feeling… harmony. And that’s why I came and stay to PSC!

If I don’t comment on serious questions, it is because English is not my language. That’s oké with some joking, but not with real feelings, it could give misunderstandings and that is the least we need here. But… even I say nothing… you where always on my mind! And I need all my time to chop, not for crying! Damn it!

Somehow I have the feeling though, that there is a change… a good change!
Thank God and Babel Fish!

Hellelujah

Tarmac

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:13 pm   Reply with quote         

Tesore wrote:
Welcome back!

Shaman (and other regular choppers): please come home!

Oh they'll eventually come home Tes, runaways always long for the home they so easily threw away, not knowing how precious a thing it is they left.

Tofu, I was floored when I heard you were jumping ship. Actually, floored isn't strong enough. I was bummed,

There are personalities here that I may not know very well, but I count on them being here just the same. Like Blue and like Shaman. Yours as well. The bummed out feeling of loss was mutual.

Welcome Back Very Happy

bigbuck

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Good news C! Glad you're still here!

FootFungas

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Vote Whoring Thread.

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Wink

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing

FootFungus you literally made me laugh and put a smile on my mug. Nice tension breaker dude. Wink

For everyone else I thank you for your understanding! Smile

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:53 pm   Reply with quote         

it's the shites...then you realize priorities..OH, and anfapants

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - Wordy post ahead! - Reply to topic