Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - DALL-E-2 - Reply to topic

Luxwiz

Post Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:37 am   Reply with quote         

since sept. open to general public...totally AWESOME,especially for all of us old,lazy,senile photoshoppers Laughing !!! just register,get creative and let the AI do all the work Very Happy

https://openai.com/dall-e-2/

SplatShot

Post Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:42 pm   Reply with quote         

That's almost sacrilegious isn't it? I would rather steal my own images, but Thanks! Smile

ledirlo

Post Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:21 am   Reply with quote         

thank you for sharing

when I saw the pics the google AI produced I went really depressed because as a photoshop expert and retoucher I have been struggling for good jobs with this covid context and companies pretending they hire. Indian teams when the prices are the same - good/honest retouchers take 100$ per hour at least, in the USA, Europe or India the same.

Technically, the AI works well in some cases, were it produces good looking images we would be proud of, and this images can be enlarged in order to be used, using photoshop-resize-preserve details. But not for the industry yet, as it can no retouch photos, and most images look ugly in fact.

But some AI tools have given more usable results that let a chopper retouch the given result in order to use actual material and to produce a truly neat image.

When splatshot says almost sacrilegious, it is in fact, because clients are going to start bragging about AI in order to lower my prices, relying on crappy AI results and talking crap to me.But the point is with technology everything is bound to becoming automated...that is true to movie script writing, book writing, political program writing, political speech writing etc.

So the concern is huge, because it is not proper use of technology that is meant to save people from a burden...such as breathing coal in a mine during extraction for instance. In this case it is meant for a machine to take over against a human and his job. Not as competition.

Just like if a company decided to replace every houseworker/maid in the USA with a bot that is super expensive (billions), that does crappy work, and that puts all the maids that survive thank to their job on the streets for the pleasure of technical innovation/competition.They shouldn't be allowed to.Bots don't need a job.They don't need to survive.They'd be plain murderers to us.

So the syndication is very important in our field although people act like independent artists who don't care, and the mafious business showroom lies about the prices and all in order to push us.I hope we'll lose those guys as they will rely on free AI.

Luxwiz

Post Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:22 am   Reply with quote         

SplatShot wrote:
That's almost sacrilegious isn't it? I would rather steal my own images, but Thanks! Smile

I was being slightly sarcastic as to using it as a psc replacement... however AI is here to stay and will be affecting most aspects of life in many unforesreable ways.How humans coexist with it,incorporate it into our daily lives,apply it to our benifit or detriment is is still to be seen and in the hands of future generations.But one thing is for sure,if the application of AI increases profitability in any bussiness it will be used even if it is at the cost of replacing the human factor.

monopoid

Post Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:24 am   Reply with quote         

“AI might similarly help groom the best detectives, bankers, and soldiers in history.â€
― Yuval Noah Harari Evil or Very Mad

SplatShot

Post Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
SplatShot wrote:

I was being slightly sarcastic as to using it as a psc replacement... however AI is here to stay and will be affecting most aspects of life in many unforesreable ways.How humans coexist with it,incorporate it into our daily lives,apply it to our benifit or detriment is is still to be seen and in the hands of future generations.But one thing is for sure,if the application of AI increases profitability in any bussiness it will be used even if it is at the cost of replacing the human factor.

Yes...NP, I understood your satire and I'm certain the AI application is amazing. As for AI I will resist a major absorption attempt. Despite the claims that AI has developed sentient value, it only knows what has been programed into it. I'm sure your Masters will find it extremely convenient to attribute ones success or detriment to a the term "Artificial Intelligence".
As for me "Viva La Renaissance" Smile

On another note, love to see you chop'n again!
Have a great day!

Post Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:01 am   Reply with quote         

AI should be avoided in ART. It should be more used where it is required the most. In healthcare AI should have predicted Covid virus variants and how to tweak the existing vaccine to fight that variant.

ledirlo

Post Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:59 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="rajan"]AI should be avoided in ART. It should be more used where it is required the most. In healthcare AI should have predicted Covid virus variants and how to tweak the existing vaccine to fight that variant.[/quote]

Exactly.

BUt regarding Covid, Researchers wordlwide were already waiting for it around 1998:

they (who etc) were mad about an incoming aviary flu like pandemia that would resist antiviral and antibacteria medicine then, and after a few SARS epidemias covid showed up 20 years after. I know because I was watching a documentary then that talked about bacterial/viral mutations that would create a super virus that'd resist to everything, and they were expecting it earlier but nothing could be done.

IMO: It results from industrial practices, animal industry. Vulnerable species defend themselves carrying deadly viruses and bacteria and transmitting it to predators.
Animals humans have been using and abusing (the horror, pardon me), will likely start an emergency reaction that will adapt their organism to bearing such deadly allies against humans under the stress they endure, normally it is supposed to happen anytime and is very quick. The day it happens, anytime, we're all dead. :)

SplatShot

Post Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:46 pm   Reply with quote         

rajan wrote:
AI should be avoided in ART.

Agreed

monopoid

Post Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

ledirlo wrote:
rajan wrote:
AI should be avoided in ART. It should be more used where it is required the most. In healthcare AI should have predicted Covid virus variants and how to tweak the existing vaccine to fight that variant.

Exactly.

BUt regarding Covid, Researchers wordlwide were already waiting for it around 1998:

they (who etc) were mad about an incoming aviary flu like pandemia that would resist antiviral and antibacteria medicine then, and after a few SARS epidemias covid showed up 20 years after. I know because I was watching a documentary then that talked about bacterial/viral mutations that would create a super virus that'd resist to everything, and they were expecting it earlier but nothing could be done.

IMO: It results from industrial practices, animal industry. Vulnerable species defend themselves carrying deadly viruses and bacteria and transmitting it to predators.
Animals humans have been using and abusing (the horror, pardon me), will likely start an emergency reaction that will adapt their organism to bearing such deadly allies against humans under the stress they endure, normally it is supposed to happen anytime and is very quick. The day it happens, anytime, we're all dead. Smile

se mettre d'accord salut

ledirlo

Post Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:50 am   Reply with quote         

[quote="monopoid"]
se mettre d'accord :salut:[/quote]

lol ! not sure what you meant (translates as "to get along") .

I meant scientists were expecting an even much deadlier pandemia back then, it kindda takes down the nazi theories about covid

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - DALL-E-2 - Reply to topic