Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Ole Time Speed Chop Day - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Speed Chop Day

good idea

68%

68%

[ 56 ]

bad idea

7%

7%

[ 6 ]

i just got advantage, are you mad

2%

2%

[ 2 ]

i dont got advantage, why should i give a toss

1%

1%

[ 1 ]

splodge is too good to us lot

20%

20%

[ 17 ]

Total Votes: 82

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:36 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
So, when does it start?

In about........10 minutes? Wink

mike.b.

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:45 pm   Reply with quote         

im down for speed choppin...thats wat i started at ..just look at my crappy portfolio

ReinMan

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:16 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
BWAAAHAAAAAAA!

I so remember the days
*puts pipe in mouth*

It was an international contest then, even though it started at 8:00 AM EST. The one who kicked all our asses was Hellekro, and she was from Belgium I think? It was a different type of contest then, no one ever did "all source", everything was low res, and the focus was humor and creativity. There wasn't much criticism, we pretty much said, DAMN YOU KICKED MY ASS! If a shadow was wrong, but the image was creative and we liked it - we voted for it. OH, and when a newbie arrived on site (like I did) members would vote for my newbie-crap and then offer advice.

OH, and we walked to school in the snow barefoot...uphill both ways. And we only got about 16 votes if we did it fast.

Wink

Good idea Splodge.

Now, everyone here (well, the OLD people here - as in Old-Timers, not as in OLD AGE) knows I love Nancers with my deepest heart. And it is mostly because of things like her post above. She rocks.

Splodge - its an OLD idea and getting OLDER. But it is a very very very GOOD idea. I seem to remember enjoying one or two QUICK chops in my day. Wink

MAKE IT HAPPEN SOMEONE BEFORE I CLIMB THE CLOCK TOWER, DAMMIT!!!!!!

marcoballistic

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:35 pm   Reply with quote         

come on do this now, the site is going to hell anyways, its time to freshen things up and if that means bringing back some old skool ideas then so be it.

kinetic_be

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:48 pm   Reply with quote         

hah.. talking about old.
In fact, I started to participate here at the same time Reinman started at PSC.
I used a silly program those days I downloaded, can't remember the name anymore, messed around a little and didn't touch photoshop until I came back this year in january.

I remember from in 2003, there was a lot of cool stuff going on here.. A lot of H2H races, challenges.. liked it pretty much, besides the fact I had no idea what Photoshop actually was Laughing

So I'm up for any new impulse, doing a chop fast and scoring high requires some skills and techniques so it's a great challenge from time to time, especially to see how fast others created their 'works' in the same (or less) amount of time.

Go for it!

blue_lurker

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:52 pm   Reply with quote         

Should make it ONE VOTE as well. Shocked

dewdew

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:08 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
Should make it ONE VOTE as well. Shocked

Buck said that's all some use now....... Twisted Evil .....i know i'm evil. Laughing

Make it so...... number 1.

splodge

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:21 pm   Reply with quote         

ok, love the fact you guys like the idea, now how do i wrap this idea around a vertual baseball bat and smack proc in the face with it, the guy is never here Sad

Hallcross Toots
dewdew

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm   Reply with quote         

Just give Supakoma the bat...he's the one that will be hitting anyway. Wink......or pick a day of the month...and lets just do it. That is a lot less coding.

kinetic_be

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:27 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
ok, love the fact you guys like the idea, now how do i wrap this idea around a vertual baseball bat and smack proc in the face with it, the guy is never here Sad

Buy PSC? Laughing

splodge

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:30 pm   Reply with quote         

kinetic_be wrote:

Buy PSC? Laughing

at current value i could, at what proc paid, never

Hallcross Toots
Mir

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:53 pm   Reply with quote         

It'll be nice to see some of the old choppers back for this one. Fun to do it the old way too.

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

Speed Chop Day is a great idea! Very Happy

And if I can help... I'll probably meet Proc when I'm back in Montreal in 10 days. Smile

ReinMan

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Claf wrote:
splodge wrote:

And if I can help... I'll probably meet Proc when I'm back in Montreal in 10 days. Smile

Tell him he didn't just buy an "investment" - he bought an ACTUAL COMMUNITY. And if he wants to be the Grand Poobah he is going to have to start acting like one. Many (talented and therefore valuable to his click-through) people tire of this place as it currently is.

How does a Grand Poobah act? He (or she) PAYS ATTENTION to the people that help make his bread and butter.

Okay Monsewer Claf - you can pass that message along from ReinMan okay? And buy him one of those outrageously potent Quebec beers from me and get him a hooker too while you're at it! Wink

Post Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:45 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Claf wrote:
splodge wrote:

Tell him he didn't just buy an "investment" - he bought an ACTUAL COMMUNITY. And if he wants to be the Grand Poobah he is going to have to start acting like one. Many (talented and therefore valuable to his click-through) people tire of this place as it currently is.

How does a Grand Poobah act? He (or she) PAYS ATTENTION to the people that help make his bread and butter.

Okay Monsewer Claf - you can pass that message along from ReinMan okay? And buy him one of those outrageously potent Quebec beers from me and get him a hooker too while you're at it! Wink

I'll print this & give him! Very Happy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Ole Time Speed Chop Day - Reply to topic