Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Can anyone start their own contest and how? - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post Sat May 03, 2008 8:27 am   Reply with quote         

I was looking for some funny photoshop'ed pics for my blog, can I start a contest and use the photos on my blog?

thanks

Oscar

Post Sat May 03, 2008 8:50 am   Reply with quote         

I'm not really sure if this is spasm ( spam )...
but when in doubt ... use witty comments.

BEGONE you evil spasm.

Post Sat May 03, 2008 8:53 am   Reply with quote         

Is my question that dumb?

splodge

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:07 am   Reply with quote         

try us, weekends are dead around here, but PSC folk smell money or a challenge from a continent away

Hallcross Toots
janetdog

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:19 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
try us, weekends are dead around here, but PSC folk smell money or a challenge from a continent away

All I can smell is stale cigarettes and scotch...

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:28 am   Reply with quote         

I can smell mown grass...summer is nigh...

Tesore

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:37 am   Reply with quote         

All I can smell is... nothing...

Confused

ScionShade

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:42 am   Reply with quote         

Jayg. Speak up, what are ya looking for exactly?

cafn8d

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

jayg123 wrote:
I was looking for some funny photoshop'ed pics for my blog, can I start a contest and use the photos on my blog?

thanks

Do you mean that you want to set up a contest on PhotoshopContest.com and use the resulting entries in your blog or are you asking whether you can set up your own blog / website and give it most any function you want, including setting up a competing photo manipulation contest site?

SHORT ANSWER to either is "yes." Whatever country you're from, the Internet offers a lot of freedom.

HOWEVER, you may not, steal (use without permission) photoshopped images or photos from this site or any other site. You must ask for and receive express permission from the artist, photographer, and site owner whether you may use any images you find here. Photoshopcontest.com's site owner is Procyon. Contact him for details and guidelines.

If you wind up being able to set up a contest here, either as a daily contest or a forum game, make sure you express VERY CLEARLY and UP FRONT what your intentions are for using the resulting images. Most users here do not take kindly to having their work published elsewhere without their permission, proper crediting to them, or even some compensation (payment).

Hope that helps.
jayg123 wrote:
Is my question that dumb?

Depends. You are a complete stranger on a well-established photo manipulation contest site and your question is a bit open to interpretation. If you are asking whether you may set up a contest here and get our permission to use the resulting images on your blog, that's not so dumb. If you are asking whether you may set up a competing site and take whatever images you want from here for your own use, well, yeah... that's pretty dumb. I'm betting it's the former scenario, though.

Smile

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:51 am   Reply with quote         

Here is an example of what I am looking for:

I have a movie blog and would like to post a funny photoshopped photo of Iron Man. So my idea would be to start a contest and pick a winner, pay them and then post the pic on my blog.

Can someone link me to a few contests like I am proposing so I can see how they work?

thanks

ScionShade

Post Sat May 03, 2008 9:54 am   Reply with quote         

Comon comon comon, let us see your site, tell us what ya have in mind.
maybe we'll play around in this thread and you may get what yer looking for just for the fun of it.
Show us yer website!
PS, we get quite a few goofy spammers so don't mind none picking on ya...it's just a game we play.

cafn8d

Post Sat May 03, 2008 10:00 am   Reply with quote         

jayg123 wrote:
Here is an example of what I am looking for:

I have a movie blog and would like to post a funny photoshopped photo of Iron Man. So my idea would be to start a contest and pick a winner, pay them and then post the pic on my blog.

Can someone link me to a few contests like I am proposing so I can see how they work?

thanks

Sure, that sounds very reasonable, right up our alley. Smile Here is the forum you'd want: Requests ONLY
The only things I can think of right now to look out for are possible copyright issues on photos of Iron Man and the fact that you won't be able to post a url until you've had both 24 hours and 5 forum posts... but we're able to help with that, too. Smile

Post Sat May 03, 2008 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks for the help. I have been working onlinen for the past few years so I do know a bit about copyright issues. My approach is that if I ever get contacted to remove something I just take it down immediately.

Here are a few of my sites I was thinking of using some funny photoshop'ed photos on, VeryWeirdNews dot com, Blog4Logos dot com and maybe some of my portals, google images is turning into a good way to get some extra traffic so I have been thinking of adding gallery type pages to a site like Portal4Music dot com.

Anyways, I don't really earn much money from those sites but was thinking of offering some small prizes for the best photoshopp'ed pics in specific categories. Is the requests forum the right place to post for this sort of thing?

Sorry about the crappy links but I can't post live ones yet.

thanks again.

cafn8d

Post Sat May 03, 2008 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

jayg123 wrote:
Thanks for the help. I have been working onlinen for the past few years so I do know a bit about copyright issues. My approach is that if I ever get contacted to remove something I just take it down immediately.

Here are a few of my sites I was thinking of using some funny photoshop'ed photos on, www.VeryWeirdNews.com , www.Blog4Logos.com and maybe some of my portals, google images is turning into a good way to get some extra traffic so I have been thinking of adding gallery type pages to a site like www.Portal4Music.com.

Anyways, I don't really earn much money from those sites but was thinking of offering some small prizes for the best photoshopp'ed pics in specific categories. Is the requests forum the right place to post for this sort of thing?

Sorry about the crappy links but I can't post live ones yet.

thanks again.

Since you are basically an outsider with a specific request in mind, I think the Requests forum would be your best bet. We also have a Fun and Games forum that could work for this. Hopefully you'll like it here, and will start playing with and learning Photoshop (or other image manipulation software) and join in the community. Then you could also make your own funny chops. Wink

Post Sat May 03, 2008 12:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks, I have played around with photoshop for a few dozen hours but it is such a tough program to get a handle on. I have done quite a few beginner tutorials and those seem to help.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - Can anyone start their own contest and how? - Reply to topic