Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - word game for Splodge - Reply to topic

WhimSea

Post Tue May 06, 2008 1:45 am   Reply with quote         

Knowing how Splodge just loves when we play our Word Association game... te he he

I came across this tonight and it's a word game for an excellent cause. For every correct word you get, their sponsors will donate 20 grains of rice through the UN World Food Program to help end hunger. You all are fairly smart :-b so we should be able to feed a small country! Very Happy (you do like poor people to eat, don't cha Splodge?!)

So open a 2nd browser window (because we don't you to leave PSC) and go to http://freerice.com

You can set the options to keep your score - it will just keep adding every time you play, set the levels, etc.. Play as long as you want. Come back as many times as you want. Want to start a new game, just hit "home".

I donated 5000 grains just tonight! level 35 to start.

it will tell you if your answer is correct, and tell you the correct answer if you answer incorrectly, and pay attention because if you miss it, the word will come back around and you'll get another stab at it. (or two if you're still not remembering the correct answer)

FreeRice is a sister site of the world poverty site, Poverty.com.
FreeRice has two goals:
1. Provide English vocabulary to everyone for free.
2. Help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free.

This is made possible by the sponsors who advertise on this site. Whether you are CEO of a large corporation or a street child in a poor country, improving your vocabulary can improve your life. It is a great investment in yourself.
Perhaps even greater is the investment your donated rice makes in hungry human beings, enabling them to function and be productive. Somewhere in the world, a person is eating rice that you helped provide. Thank you.

Scrumpy

Post Tue May 06, 2008 2:17 am   Reply with quote         

That's too great Very Happy I donated enough to fill a grape leaf ... but I gotta go to bed- 2nd entry to post in a few hours 'n all that Wink ... but I will definitely be going back there. Cheers Whim

Post Tue May 06, 2008 2:32 am   Reply with quote         

great! glad you like it - it's addictive, but since it helps feed people, why not!

I just added another 1500 grains starting on level 50... it seems it still varies the levels so no harm in trying for harder levels to start with!

annajon

Post Tue May 06, 2008 7:40 am   Reply with quote         

I have to go somewhere, but I managed to get to 8080 grains of rice.

Scrumpy

Post Tue May 06, 2008 11:25 am   Reply with quote         

Jeez... cheers Whim. Just did a quick thousand grains. This is the most addictive thing since online friggin' boggle Embarassed

http://www.fun-with-words.com/boggle.html

Post Tue May 06, 2008 4:25 pm   Reply with quote         

Whoa! This is addicting, I love words Smile I will feed the starving with my addiction cheers

Great post Whim!

WhimSea

Post Tue May 06, 2008 11:27 pm   Reply with quote         

fantastic! more grain, more grain! love to see our "scores" here.... and I'm beginning to hear the faint strains of our group singing "we are the world" Very Happy

annajon just feed an entire town, I think! I'd like to see our fellow word game players' "scores".... come on TAdams, Wiz, Martrex -- I know you guys can feed a boatload of people!

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - word game for Splodge - Reply to topic