Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Photoshoppin pics for the web - Reply to topic

Post Tue May 27, 2008 11:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Hey all,
I have been "stalking" this site for a while, always has useful stuff, but I need some help finding any useful tutorials for "finishing touches" and tips for enhancing pics for the internet.

I'm a medium-long time PS user, but have spent my years doing higher end stuff (newspaper and lower grade magazine pics) compared to the type of things I'm trying at the moment.
Also the lack of opportunity to do a "finishing touch" like CMYK conversion is messing with me.
(rambling now I know) Shocked

SO, in summary, can anyone recommend a site/place for tips or tutorials relating to PS enhancing pics for internet use???
(I'm still on PS2, haven't found the $$$ or real need to move onto 3 yet)

yello_piggy

Post Wed May 28, 2008 3:08 am   Reply with quote         

rgb-mode, 72 dpi and "save for web"...

edovan

Post Wed May 28, 2008 3:26 am   Reply with quote         

What YP says. And if you get huge files, check the RGB-profile and convert to sRGB. Some RGB-profiles blow the filesize quite much.

Don't stress on CS3, you'll get far with CS2. There are some nice additions in CS3, but I guess you're quite comfortable with Photoshop and you probably know how to make things look like you want anyway.
If your on Mac you should be aware of the CS3 (the whole suite and single apps) are designed for the Intel-based computers with MacOs X Leopard. It works on Power-PC/Tiger aswell, but not optimal. That's what the Mac-dudes told me at least Smile

Post Wed May 28, 2008 8:13 am   Reply with quote         

ok, thanks. I know it sounds stupid to ask for help with "easier" work like that, but it all just seemed TOO easy. (yeah, I'm paranoid!)

ALSO - Sorry for making a "help" post my first one here!
I know you get a HEAP of those type posts, generally from morons and ignorant pains in the ass, but I'll be here for a while, and hope to prove myself to be one of the "better" ignorant-moronic-pains in the ass on this site. Twisted Evil

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed May 28, 2008 8:55 am   Reply with quote         

foozball56 wrote:
ok, thanks. I know it sounds stupid to ask for help with "easier" work like that, but it all just seemed TOO easy. (yeah, I'm paranoid!)

ALSO - Sorry for making a "help" post my first one here!
I know you get a HEAP of those type posts, generally from morons and ignorant pains in the ass, but I'll be here for a while, and hope to prove myself to be one of the "better" ignorant-moronic-pains in the ass on this site. Twisted Evil

Asking a question is not as bad as a "hey do this for me please" post.

Chop on!

Cool

Scrumpy

Post Wed May 28, 2008 9:14 am   Reply with quote         

foozball56 wrote:
... generally from morons and ignorant pains in the ass, but I'll be here for a while, and hope to prove myself to be one of the "better" ignorant-moronic-pains in the ass on this site. Twisted Evil

I like this kid. Very Happy

Post Wed May 28, 2008 9:28 am   Reply with quote         

dont apologize so much! stop it! Twisted Evil

janetdog

Post Wed May 28, 2008 9:35 am   Reply with quote         

foozball56 wrote:

Proof is in the chopping. Todays goats are an excellent place to start.

Good Luck

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Photoshoppin pics for the web - Reply to topic