Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - ANON THURSDAY - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ANONIMOUS THURSDAY every Thursday

Yes

85%

85%

[ 36 ]

No

14%

14%

[ 6 ]

Total Votes: 42

annajon

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:23 am   Reply with quote         

Some guys in chat, and myself were wondering why todays THURSDAY in JULY was not anonimous.

And then I said: Why can't we have all Thursdays as ANONIMOUS.

So, this is to poll the community about the subject.

(edit: to the likes of candron - I only wrote this forum because it was suggested in chat. If it is childish to talk about anonimity, why respond on this forum then?)

splodge

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:25 am   Reply with quote         

it was just a one month trial, but i think it will start again soon and be a permanent thing

Hallcross Toots
annajon

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:25 am   Reply with quote         

and not just look, but vote as well please.....

annajon

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:26 am   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:
it was just a one month trial, but i think it will start again soon and be a permanent thing

Izzz GOOOOD!!!! Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:27 am   Reply with quote         

but month's not over Wink
this is the 5th Thursday of it though

Anyway, I thought it was great! I hope we keep this as a regular thing. my 2¢

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:33 am   Reply with quote         

And fix the Add to Fav, so it really is anon. Laughing

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:40 am   Reply with quote         

It will only ever be truly anoun if you get msn to shut down on a Thursday Wink

pakimo

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:29 am   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:
People who cheats don't deserve their votes. And it will always be in their mind that they didn't deserve it.

It is much better to get a vote and know it is honest and fair. Even if it is only one vote.

Wink

TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:02 pm   Reply with quote         

blue_lurker wrote:

OK I don't mean to pick on you lurker, but...
All I ever hear about is MS flippin N

What about Google chat? or AOL IM? Why is it only MSN? Are you all telling me cheaters only use MSN? Is that it? Well lets round up everyone who uses MSN then, and have a firing squad to kill all of them! That should solve ALL the cheating problems!!! Twisted Evil What about PM's here? Those gotta go too I guess... Rolling Eyes And only on Thursdays this is a big deal? You mean to tell me people aren't talking any other day of the week?

Yeah, yeah the system isn't perfect, and I doubt it ever will be. BUT most of us aren't chatting to each other telling everyone which entry is ours for anon contests. At least thats my understanding. But also understand I'm not naïve. It doesn't take a genius to figure out people still try to cheat. BUT... Seems the best entry/ideas usually rise to the top during these contests. You mean to tell me someones PM'ing 50+ people to psst vote for me!?

LOOK all I'm sayin is Anon Thursdays are for fun! There are no prizes. So whats the big deal? If you need to cheat to get votes for a anonymous contest what does that get you? NOTHING.

I personally love seeing how many people vote for my entry not knowing its me. What I find more interesting is the people who don't normally even bother with my entries, all of a sudden vote for them, when they don't know its me. Sure some guess people know other styles. Should we get rid of doing your own style for those contests too? Marco, no blood or extensions! Micose, don't do anything you normally do...

Final Summation...
There will always be cheaters, and those who find ways to go around the rules, anon or not. Thats life. Problems aside, can't we just have as much fun with this as we can? Geesh. Should we just freakin shut down the site, cause its getting too thick in here with all the complaints/problems? I don't ever remember it being this bad when I first joined.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:38 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

What about Google chat? or AOL IM? Why is it only MSN? Are you all telling me cheaters only use MSN? Is that it? Well lets round up everyone who uses MSN then, and have a firing squad to kill all of them! That should solve ALL the cheating problems!!! Twisted Evil What about PM's here? Those gotta go too I guess... Rolling Eyes And only on Thursdays this is a big deal? You mean to tell me people aren't talking any other day of the week?

Sarcasm Question

TheShaman

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:18 pm   Reply with quote         

TofuTheGreat wrote:

Sarcasm Question

could you smell it?

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:30 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm all for anon Thursdays... just have to hope people don't cheat. Personally I'd rather win with a good chop than win with a poor one and a poor conscience. I want to know how one of my chops does when people don't know the author...it's fun...and a bit different! Very Happy

Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo Nemo

TofuTheGreat

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:05 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
TofuTheGreat wrote:

Sarcasm Question

could you smell it?
Laughing

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:57 pm   Reply with quote         

[yeah

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:31 pm   Reply with quote         

TheShaman wrote:
blue_lurker wrote:

Yeah, yeah the system isn't perfect, and I doubt it ever will be. BUT most of us aren't chatting to each other telling everyone which entry is ours for anon contests. At least thats my understanding. But also understand I'm not naïve. It doesn't take a genius to figure out people still try to cheat. BUT... Seems the best entry/ideas usually rise to the top during these contests. You mean to tell me someones PM'ing 50+ people to psst vote for me!?

LOOK all I'm sayin is Anon Thursdays are for fun! There are no prizes. So whats the big deal? If you need to cheat to get votes for a anonymous contest what does that get you? NOTHING.

I personally love seeing how many people vote for my entry not knowing its me. What I find more interesting is the people who don't normally even bother with my entries, all of a sudden vote for them, when they don't know its me. Sure some guess people know other styles. Should we get rid of doing your own style for those contests too? Marco, no blood or extensions! Micose, don't do anything you normally do...

Final Summation...
There will always be cheaters, and those who find ways to go around the rules, anon or not. Thats life. Problems aside, can't we just have as much fun with this as we can? Geesh. Should we just freakin shut down the site, cause its getting too thick in here with all the complaints/problems? I don't ever remember it being this bad when I first joined.

Mate chill out did ya not notice the winky smily at the end...Man this is one reason I dont play here any more ya cant make a comment about any thing with out people getting there knickers in a knot...sorry I mentioned it mate...Im going back to lurkin

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - ANON THURSDAY - Reply to topic