Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Interview w/ oscar - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

should oscar be allowed to come back to psc?

undecided

20%

20%

[ 13 ]

no

26%

26%

[ 17 ]

yes

52%

52%

[ 33 ]

Total Votes: 63

supak0ma

Post Wed May 28, 2008 1:34 pm   Reply with quote         

you were asked to change your avatar, it wasnt removed

and you are crazy too for not saving, totally crazy. sure blame the stupid machines!

Scrumpy

Post Wed May 28, 2008 1:35 pm   Reply with quote         

Are all the undecided voters allowed to change their vote? If they all changed to no... then this could get sooooo exciting!

Post Wed May 28, 2008 1:40 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
you were asked to change your avatar, it wasnt removed

and you are crazy too for not saving, totally crazy. sure blame the stupid machines!

Precisely... I was asked to remove it... that's why I said it was true that mods can't remove avatars from the frontpage...

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Wed May 28, 2008 1:47 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
that's true... I put a apple juice avatar in the front page once and was kindly asked to remove it (I did, didn't I nancy?) Wink

HAHAHAHHAAHAHA! I read that and read it again and again... Thought to myself "Why would they take down an apple juice avatar?!?"

Laughing Laughing

sirenka

Post Wed May 28, 2008 3:28 pm   Reply with quote         

come on, let oscar back, i think he learned his lesson now. Very Happy

Tesore

Post Wed May 28, 2008 3:51 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Tea Man wrote:
did anyone actually get hurt or actually lose valuable information on their computer from this incident?

yes. Synthvet lost hours of PS work... paid work, I mean.

I didn't know that... I'm sorry Confused

rockyjob

Post Wed May 28, 2008 5:45 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Sorry Scion, but you were not the one who lost time and money for his "practical joke". Synth lost hours of work, and he had to redo it. And you know better than anyone that redoing PS work is a pain in the ass, specially cause you never get the same results, and lose hours you could have used to make more work, and therefore, more money. Would ya like if ya had cut 5 trees and God, out of his holiness, for fun, just planted them back in place so you had to recut it? Now, put yerself in the skin of Synthvet, just for a few minutes, and say again rash was being hypocritical rather than fair. I think Oscar is an example for the newbies to know where the "joking" limits goes. Not everyone is PHd in computer science to know how to stop the frigging crash other than rebooting and losing all the open work. You and me are troublemakers in here, and you know that. But we do our stuff only typing, not causing system crashes. Rash acted right, and I bet it was not a single mod decision, and definetely not a personal abuse of power. As quoted in the skater transcription, it was the second time he did that... make a mistake once is human... make it twice is dumb.

The same happened to me today.... My photoshop just stopped working when i was about to save the work. Confused Crying or Very sad not that this has to do with oscar, but i feel Synth's pain

ScionShade

Post Wed May 28, 2008 7:13 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Sorry Scion, but you were not the one who lost time and money for his "practical joke". Synth lost hours of work, and he had to redo it. And you know better than anyone that redoing PS work is a pain in the ass, specially cause you never get the same results, and lose hours you could have used to make more work, and therefore, more money. Would ya like if ya had cut 5 trees and God, out of his holiness, for fun, just planted them back in place so you had to recut it? Now, put yerself in the skin of Synthvet, just for a few minutes, and say again rash was being hypocritical rather than fair. I think Oscar is an example for the newbies to know where the "joking" limits goes. Not everyone is PHd in computer science to know how to stop the frigging crash other than rebooting and losing all the open work. You and me are troublemakers in here, and you know that. But we do our stuff only typing, not causing system crashes. Rash acted right, and I bet it was not a single mod decision, and definetely not a personal abuse of power. As quoted in the skater transcription, it was the second time he did that... make a mistake once is human... make it twice is dumb.

I agree with much you have to say ..in spirit.
a professional should know better, I hate rickrolls as much or more than anyone else, the first time Oscar rickrolled people were applauding his wonderful sense of humor,if rules on this site were clearly defined,
and executed fairly among all users consistently I'd be %100
for banning anyone who pulls a stunt like this. then you have the situation where anybody may get away with whatever they like until they piss off a mod..wow, that's a clever system...looks like it really works well too. Again..I say it..time for clear rules, and clear enforcement of those rules, time to wipe the board of the mods we have and get a new breed in there, Vokaris, Stevster, Bigbuck, DBBowling,Mattblack,Reggie...etc.
give this site a different face, and current users control.
Proc ought to be comfortable enough running this site by now to give up on the system Jeremy left to him, the system Jeremy knew had reached its limits and was so sure someone else could improve upon.

bigbuck

Post Thu May 29, 2008 5:29 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
time to wipe the board of the mods we have and get a new breed in there, Vokaris, Stevster, Bigbuck, DBBowling,Mattblack,Reggie...etc.

WTF Joe? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Post Thu May 29, 2008 5:39 pm   Reply with quote         

I VOTE FOR BRAD!

nancers
Former Site Moderator

Post Thu May 29, 2008 6:42 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:

that's true... I put a apple juice avatar in the front page once and was kindly asked to remove it (I did, didn't I nancy?) Wink

Yes, you did.

Good boy! Sit. Stay. Laughing

Post Thu May 29, 2008 6:49 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
blahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah

You knows I loves ya Shady, but I'm not biting.

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Thu May 29, 2008 6:53 pm   Reply with quote         

*chomp*

ReinMan

Post Thu May 29, 2008 7:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Worm-biter Raising Brow

arcaico

Post Thu May 29, 2008 7:47 pm   Reply with quote         

nancers wrote:
arcaico wrote:

Yes, you did.

Good boy! Sit. Stay. Laughing

I love you too nancy!!! Very Happy

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Interview w/ oscar - Reply to topic