Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Off Topic: Gift ideas? - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

dewdew

Post Fri May 30, 2008 1:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Truth be told....we are men....Hell... we don't even have a clue as to "what we want". Why do you think we get Married.

TOOLS are nice..but men hate cheap-o's...buy him MAC or Craftsmen....they have a lifetime gaurantee if they break....and we love to break them just to take them back for the NEW one. Twisted Evil WE see that as being hard workers. Rolling Eyes

A new Harley...nuff said for that one. Cool
NOTE: a harley poster does not count...as a matter of fact...on a day when giving gifts..never buy him something with a Harley on it...unless he has one....That's like rubbing the fact that he can't afford a real one, in his face.

Rubber soled bedroom shoes....TRUST me on this one....most men come home and keep thier boots on til bed time...WHY?... You never know when someone is going to ask for something that will require you to put on the boots....so it's easier to just stay in them. THE bedroom shoes would stop that....and he can take the trash out at night...YOU KNOW... the one he FORGOT Rolling Eyes to take out today. He may not seem too happy when he first gets them, but when he puts them on tonight...mention that he needs to take the trash out...when he realizes he does not have to put them boots on to do that...you'll see the "Man these are cool look".

mellowdesign

Post Fri May 30, 2008 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

How about something you can get ten of...? Very Happy

MindGraph

Post Fri May 30, 2008 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

We just had our 8th on the 20th and we were gonna do our usual (special gift and fancy dinner out) and we talked about it and with the economy the way it is we both felt so much more at ease when we decided to just exchange cards and go out to someplace casual for dinner which ended up being Chilis. We both had a great time (QUALITY time besides) sitting at dinner and having an uninterrupted conversation and the whole night was great. We didn't stress about what gift each other would like and dressing all up when that's just not us and with all of that we used a gift card we found for the dinner so the night cost us around $20. Then we left the restaurant and blew the whole "watching our finances" by stopping at HH Greggs and buying a washer,dryer and Fridge. Laughing

delia

Post Fri May 30, 2008 2:12 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:
We just had our 8th on the 20th and we were gonna do our usual (special gift and fancy dinner out) and we talked about it and with the economy the way it is we both felt so much more at ease when we decided to just exchange cards and go out to someplace casual for dinner which ended up being Chilis. We both had a great time (QUALITY time besides) sitting at dinner and having an uninterrupted conversation and the whole night was great. We didn't stress about what gift each other would like and dressing all up when that's just not us and with all of that we used a gift card we found for the dinner so the night cost us around $20. Then we left the restaurant and blew the whole "watching our finances" by stopping at HH Greggs and buying a washer,dryer and Fridge. Laughing

That's so funny! We just bought a new flat top stove and microwave last weekend!! LOLOL!

Dinner sounds like a good idea.

And I LOVE LOVE Chilis!

http://www.track4va.com
sage

Post Fri May 30, 2008 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

deliandave wrote:
watching NY Rangers Hockey rank high on his list.

Very Happy

I see your problem...the man has no taste. Confused
Get him a Habs jersey. I'll even pitch in for the mug and clock. Razz

annajon

Post Fri May 30, 2008 2:53 pm   Reply with quote         

MindGraph wrote:

Now see, those things will last you for the next ten years of marriage at least. Good choice.

mellowdesign

Post Fri May 30, 2008 3:55 pm   Reply with quote         

I have lots to learn Wink

Martrex

Post Fri May 30, 2008 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

I agree with some quiet time between you send the kids to grandmas. Then you too can relax and enjoy things, as well. And still claim it was only for him! Laughing Laughing

cafn8d

Post Fri May 30, 2008 9:05 pm   Reply with quote         

Hope whatever you're doing to celebrate, you're both having loads of fun!

Our 12th anniversary is coming up on June 8th. This will be our last anniversary without kids, and soon after will be Mr. Caf's fist Father's (-to-be) Day. I got him (and me) a pair of tickets to the June 21st Red Sox vs. Cardinals game at Fenway Park. And I just found the perfect Father's Day card that I'll adapt to also cover our anniversary:

Front, picture of a seat in an unknown stadium: "Imagine you're sitting in the best seats in the stadium, enjoying tasty snacks and beverages, and you're watching your favorite team win the game."

Inside: "Now imagine it's all your Father's Day gift from me. Isn't imagining fun?"

(It also plays sound - a crowd cheering and an announcer generically saying "What a play!")

And I'm going to sign it from both me and the baby. Mr. Green

MindGraph

Post Fri May 30, 2008 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

annajon wrote:
MindGraph wrote:

Now see, those things will last you for the next ten years of marriage at least. Good choice.

never looked at it that way anna.....now it was even better PLUS Bush kind of paid for it anyway by giving us an incentive check.

Well it should be either going really well by now or....
Happy Anniversary!!

Synthvet

Post Fri May 30, 2008 10:18 pm   Reply with quote         

nothing says "love" like a new 30 gallon aquarium and a bunch of tiger barbs....but hey, that's just me............ Laughing

here's another thought........ http://www.cafepress.com/pscstore?CMP=CJ-CLICK-10463745

Post Sat May 31, 2008 12:41 am   Reply with quote         

Here is a sneak peek at your day at fenway cafy Very Happy

For those who don't know....Dewking, Mightbeet, and I...all went to fenway last year while at Photoshop World - PSCcon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQL9eXFXric

cafn8d wrote:
Hope whatever you're doing to celebrate, you're both having loads of fun!

Our 12th anniversary is coming up on June 8th. This will be our last anniversary without kids, and soon after will be Mr. Caf's fist Father's (-to-be) Day. I got him (and me) a pair of tickets to the June 21st Red Sox vs. Cardinals game at Fenway Park. And I just found the perfect Father's Day card that I'll adapt to also cover our anniversary:

Front, picture of a seat in an unknown stadium: "Imagine you're sitting in the best seats in the stadium, enjoying tasty snacks and beverages, and you're watching your favorite team win the game."

Inside: "Now imagine it's all your Father's Day gift from me. Isn't imagining fun?"

(It also plays sound - a crowd cheering and an announcer generically saying "What a play!")

And I'm going to sign it from both me and the baby. Mr. Green

ScionShade

Post Sat May 31, 2008 1:02 am   Reply with quote         

My wife gave me plenty of sushi for our tenth.
I was very happy about that.
Always make sure there is a good supply of quality wasabi with it, and fresh ginger.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Off Topic: Gift ideas? - Reply to topic