Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - H2H Source Survey - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Which H2H source do you like the least so far?

Round 1 - Wasp

14%

14%

[ 7 ]

Round 2 - Lily Pad

21%

21%

[ 10 ]

Round 3 - Rugby Statue

25%

25%

[ 12 ]

Round 4 - Clover Sculpture/Statue/Thing

38%

38%

[ 18 ]

Total Votes: 47

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Ok, I'm not one to complain usually. I've had no problems with the past three sources, but round 4's source I have some issues with.

1 - why another statue photo? Shouldn't each source be a unique, distinct and unrelated image from any other source used in the contest? Having two statue-related images back-to-back really isn't so fun.

2 - image quality; I've heard others saying the past sources this H2H were of low quality. Personally, I thought they were fine, good enough for my chops, anyway. Round 4's source, however, is not so good. The subject of the photo is very blurry, and the lighting on it doesn't help. The background is also almost unusable except for certain cases. A lot of people do use the backgrounds of the sources for their chops, sometimes exclusively, abandoning the main subject. This image makes that nearly impossible, if not completely.

Again, I'm not really one to complain; I'm still using the source for what it's got, as I am sure all the rest of you are doing. I just wanted to get an idea on what everyone else's thoughts on the source are.

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Likewise, you can comment on which source you've liked the most so far.

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:23 pm   Reply with quote         

i actually kind of like all of them so far, all simple and defined pieces of the source and no scenery / open area things which i dislike. favorite would be the ref because there are so many different views on what to do with it

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:37 pm   Reply with quote         

Round 4's source can go die in a massive fireball of death and doom, it sucks so hard, its single handedly put Amsterdam red light district out of business. Arrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

sigh**

ok, back to my H2H round 4 entry then Confused

Goat1981

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:44 pm   Reply with quote         

My least favorite source was Round 2, since I lost that round. Razz

....though, I feel your pain. The statue looked like a fun source. ...but round 4... jeez... Hard to get an idea, I would assume.

...looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. Smile

I will now use more ellipses...

Smile

ReyRey

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:11 pm   Reply with quote         

They all eat dog poop on a barbed wire stick! Evil or Very Mad

Granulated

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

i thought it was part and parcel of the H2H that every source was crap ? Laughing

Granulated

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:25 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
They all eat dog poop on a barbed wire stick! Evil or Very Mad

want fries with that ?

sage

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I don't know, Mason...I kinda like the source. But what the hell do I know? I did not enjoy round 2's source....not because Jan kicked my butt, but I didn't think there was much to play with creatively. Maybe after the round, I'll start a thread for those not competing...."what would you have done with this source?"

gone, gone, gone, she's been gone so long, she's been gone, gone, gone so long

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:49 pm   Reply with quote         

sage wrote:
I don't know, Mason...I kinda like the source. But what the hell do I know? I did not enjoy round 2's source....not because Jan kicked my butt, but I didn't think there was much to play with creatively. Maybe after the round, I'll start a thread for those not competing...."what would you have done with this source?"

gone, gone, gone, she's been gone so long, she's been gone, gone, gone so long

Heh, there's an idea. Quick, everyone post what you would do with the source if you were competing! I won't take any of your ideas at all, I promise! Angel

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:03 pm   Reply with quote         

Not sure who picks the sources for these rounds but Mason I do agree they do not inspire much. I thought round 3 was bad but round 4 takes the cake. Somebody has an evil sense of humor here but you all should just go with a dot and whoever has the prettiest dot would be the winner.. My thoughts of course... my dog could pick a better source. Laughing Cool Twisted Evil

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:22 pm   Reply with quote         

manic_d wrote:
Not sure who picks the sources for these rounds but Mason I do agree they do not inspire much. I thought round 3 was bad but round 4 takes the cake. Somebody has an evil sense of humor here but you all should just go with a dot and whoever has the prettiest dot would be the winner.. My thoughts of course... my dog could pick a better source. Laughing Cool Twisted Evil

Your dog could probably make a better source than the one we have for Round 4, if you get what I mean...

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:53 am   Reply with quote         

actually for round 4 I didn't wanna use that source, but my computer had problems a few days before that and I had to reinstall everything. basically I forgot to install fireworks and didn't have anything to work on the image I originally wanted to use...so that's why.
sorry!

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:39 am   Reply with quote         

I think the source's must come from the photo's in the Voting CUE with 0 votes....Don't let Proc lie... Shocked ....You know good and well he was at some FRAT toga party, shitfaced, and 3 sheets to the wind....PROC, Ya'll going to burn that frat house down with them fireworks......DANG, even the label says OUTDOOR use ONLY..... Mr. Green

I was like....WTF?...on the first contest's source.....then came the other 3..... Confused ....i'll take the wasp anyday.....Hell..what was the last source...i thought it was part of a wrought iron fence or seat.....and by part i mean 1 Laughing Mason said a statue....it does look sorta cementy.... Raising Brow

TofuTheGreat

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:51 am   Reply with quote         

I didn't like round one. Mainly because I lost. Laughing

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - H2H Source Survey - Reply to topic