Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - This website is confusing. - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Scrumpy

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:53 am   Reply with quote         

Try learning along the way and ask a question as it arises... rather than "politely" telling us our place sucks in your first ever post.

I sincerely hope that helps.

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:54 am   Reply with quote         

this day is starting well....ithink we gonna have fun here Twisted Evil
anfa

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:55 am   Reply with quote         

Use the force Luke!

bigbuck

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:57 am   Reply with quote         

Contests and Entries
Q: When is the next contest?
A: We have contests running all of the time! Click here to view them all.

Q: How do I enter a contest?
A: It is easy to enter into one of our contests.
Get a FREE account and sign in
Pick any open contest
Use the "upload an entry" link on the contest page to enter

Q: How do I win a prize?
A: Anyone can win! Just enter an image into a contest that offers a prize and watch the votes pile up!

Q: How long do contests run?
A: Most contests are open for 72 hours (3 days). Other contests are noted with beginning and ending times.

Q: Are adult images suitable here?
A: Sorry, but they are not. Anything posted to our site that is offensive in nature will be removed, including nudity. If the incident appears to be intentional, we hold the right to use your IP address to contact your ISP for further investigation. These rules also apply to those who abuse obvious copyright rules. We try very hard to abide by all written and non-written laws and regulations.

Q: How many entries can I submit per contest?
A: You may submit 2 entries in most contests. Other amounts will be noted in the contest.

Q: Can I edit one of my contest entries?
A: Yes. To do so, click on your image. In the right hand column, under "image options" there is a "edit this image" link.

Q: What kind of image files can I enter?
A: In most contests images must be a JPEG or a GIF file. The size of the file must be under 125kb in actual size. JPEG image dimensions must be less than 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high. Animated GIFs must be less than 550 wide by 450 high. If you are getting an error message, try reducing the file size and/or dimensions just a bit and then uploading again. Upgrade Your Account to a PSC Advantage to break free of these limitations!

nog

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:59 am   Reply with quote         

micomator wrote:
I said "I'm trying to help because I'm genuinely interested in participating." Isn't that saying a good thing about the site? Obviously I appreciate this website's concept or else I wouldn't be asking this questions, would I?

"In the business world we hate it when companies incorporate their logo into a site!?!?!? "

As a web designer I know that a website's aesthetics must reflect the websites purpose. If I went into a portrait photography studio, I'd expect to see some photos on the walls! And not just one, small, poor one!

Azionite, I have not posted images because I do not fully understand the competition, hence my two questions. I asked my questions, and provided my opinion of why these questions have been raised. This is not just me, I have sent a few friends to this site and most of them reply with "I don't get it" or "what do I win?". Why leave these criticism unsaid when the next person may come along, struggle and leave?

Apparently you don't want to "spoonfeed" me. If the answer to my questions are so obvious, and I am being so obtuse, maybe it has something to do with my software? Maybe my browser settings are causing the link to disappear? Couldn't you just answer my two questions, so I can get on with becoming a part of this community? I do not see why this is such a big deal! A newcomer on a website has some questions, so instead of helping him out you insult him and dance around the answer?

There are no guidelines except to use the source image and the reward is to have your small and poor photo on the wall.

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:07 am   Reply with quote         

nog wrote:
There are no guidelines except to use the source image and the reward is to have your small and poor photo on the wall.

Laughing Laughing

anfa

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:19 am   Reply with quote         

Who's going to watch the Sweden v Spain match?

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:24 am   Reply with quote         

Dear Simple One,
The site is the way it is because we like it that way and if you dont like it, *** *** **** off. While I agree that the "image of the day" should be the one being chopped that day, i have never mentioned it because it is a small detail in the complicated mess that is my life. If I were to mention it, it would be with some tact and not like a total *******.
BREAK
If you were any sort of a designer yourself, Mr. Micomator, you would know that simple tricolor designs are the best for several reasons; one, they are cheap to print, two, they are easily remembered, and three, they look good in grayscale... please, in the future, send critiques and criticisms to a mod in private, so you dont come off sounding like a pompous and ******* corn-filled turd of a ******* person.
BREAK
Take care, and try the site out before you lampoon it, it is a nice site, and happy choppin', that is... if PhotoShop isn't too "messy" for you to figure out.
BREAK
If I could, I would call for fire on your position right now.
Spencej1129 OUT.
I HAVE FILLED IN ALL OF THE MESSY WORDS WITH ASTERICS.

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:28 am   Reply with quote         

"Aski a question as it arises."

I tried to enter a contest for a prize (as the definition of the word contest suggests) but couldn't find what the prize was. I think that the question just arose.

Bigbuck, I have already read the help FAQ and neither it or your post answers either of my questions.

"There are no guidelines except to use the source image and the reward is to have your small and poor photo on the wall."

Stating that there are no guidelines is a guideline!! Every other website of this kind (and I challenge you to find one of the contrary) has contests which instruct you to do something. Such as worth1000, fark etc.

Wouldn't it have been much simpler to read my first post, and answer with "You can manipulate the image in any way you like, and most contests do not have a prize."???

It would have saved 20 posts and a few PMs! Personally, I do not have the time to aimlessly muck with photos for nothing except approval votes from a few internet nobodies. This website is imo useless.

and anfo, how can you support the BEIJING olympics, and then whinge about freeing tibet? TIBET IS OCCUPIED BY CHINA, and you call be an idiot.

Goodluck with your webshite.

EDIT

---
Dear Simple One, (ooh, an insult already? Mature.)
The site is the way it is because we like it that way and if you dont like it, *** *** **** off. (isnt the purpose of the world wide web to target large audiences. Isn't that how websites make money? Yes it is, because I am a professional web and graphics designer. You are not.)

While I agree that the "image of the day" should be the one being chopped that day, i have never mentioned (didnt you just?) it because it is a small detail in the complicated mess that is my life. If I were to mention it, it would be with some tact and not like a total *******.
BREAK
If you were any sort of a designer yourself (I have given links to my portfolio, and one of my better sites is 2advanced(dot)com) Mr. Micomator, you would know that simple tricolor designs are the best for several reasons; one, they are cheap to print, two, they are easily remembered, and three, they look good in grayscale... (what do printing and grayscale have to do with the internet? Is your monitor black and white, do you print pages before reading them?)please, in the future, send critiques and criticisms to a mod in private, so you dont come off sounding like a pompous and ******* corn-filled turd (smooth!) of a ******* person.
BREAK
Take care, and try the site out before you lampoon it, it is a nice site, and happy choppin', that is... if PhotoShop isn't too "messy" for you to figure out. (again, see my portfolio or site)
BREAK
If I could, I would call for fire on your posisition right now.
Spencej1129 OUT.
I HAVE FILLED IN ALL OF THE MESSY WORDS WITH ASTERICS.

Micose

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:32 am   Reply with quote         

okay i admit it "Micomator" is my alias account....i got u all! hahahhaaha Laughing

nog

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:35 am   Reply with quote         

Micose wrote:
okay i admit it "Micomator" is my alias account....i got u all! hahahhaaha Laughing

lol...
I was thinkin more like masterbater

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:39 am   Reply with quote         

micomator is not your account. and a PM with the word shithead in it? I can't believe I didnt try harder to be a part of this community!!! thanks blue_lurker!

And you spelt masturbator wrong. I can see now that this site is for the rejects who cant get onto worth1000, who come here to post ameteur pics and think how great they are compared to all the other shit entries. No wonder you're so tight about your little community, god forbid you let a decent designer in who will make you all look bad.

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:41 am   Reply with quote         

If you look at the picture of the Beijing olympics he has, it is barbwire rings and a logo of a man chasing down and shooting another man. By the way, i am a professional designer, and then i decided to serve my country in the war, so i will give you me website and credentials, CNN and A-Jazera, and everytime you see one of those red paintings on the wall of a street in Iraq, the kind that extends to the ground on into the street, thats the kind of painting i do now. My brush is a 240B light machine gun... dont tell me about how cool and hip and with it you are... you are just another internet intellectual, trying to be hard from behind a keyboard... its a nice site man, lay off of it, we do it for fun, if you wanna do it for profit, pop smoke and get lost. Build your own site Mr. Internet Guru Man.

nog

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:42 am   Reply with quote         

micomator-
You should seriously give it a chance. Try one entry and you will like it.

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:48 am   Reply with quote         

I would try one entry but as I have stated twice now the reason I hadnt entered is because I had questions which orevented me.

"

Post Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:41 am Reply with quote

If you look at the picture of the Beijing olympics he has, it is barbwire rings and a logo of a man chasing down and shooting another man."

Thats what it's meant to be? Another fine example of the quality design within this website.

"You are a total freaking moron micomator. get a clue, get off your high horse and piss off. If you are to f-king stupid to analyze the things you criticize, then you can take your questions, ball them up really tight and f-king stick them up your ass, because you are an intellectual midget. the image i have of you is a twenty-something living in moms basement behind you Alienware computer, playing warcraft and eating grilled cheese sandwiches while you mom tell you your friends to quit getting into her underwear drawer because thats the closest any of you have come to getting laid, now leave us internet nobodies to our silly games, you mindless twit. bu'bye now. "

very creative, a lot of insults which practically said nothing. Read my first post, read my language. It was not aiming to be insulting, just informative and inquisitive. Look how this has snowballed into a row just because no one could answer my questions before about 20 posts. And trust an american to bring sex and food into something completely irrelevent. And how can you call me an intellectual midget when I am bringing forward relevent and eloquent responses when you babble about what you think of me as a person, swear unnecessarily and call me names? Is that was this site is about?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - New Users - This website is confusing. - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.