Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Artists of the world : help needed - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Michel

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
Michel wrote:
My girlfriend is a collage artist.

TheShaman wrote:
BTW, tell your sister, that piece you showed us is very cool!

Ewww... Laughing

Sister??? Quick Shaman, edit those lines before my girlfriend stumbles upon them Laughing

TheShaman

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:19 pm   Reply with quote         

sorry bout that Laughing just chalk that it up to me being
Shocked

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:08 pm   Reply with quote         

supak0ma wrote:
that is a painting tho, not a collage

All right, that one, then :

supak0ma

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:51 pm   Reply with quote         

how do you know he didn't have permission from the author? also, that is not a collage:

http://webexhibits.org/colorart/marilyns.html

buglover

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:07 pm   Reply with quote         

I would take wikipedia.org as starting point for sutch subjekts.

Buy the way, didn't they tried to change the copyright law (one year ago) in that manner, that the whole pop-art stuff would have been illigeal?

My personal suggestion ist that it's ok aslong as it is a single artwork. But maybe she should inform her clients, that they have no rights to publish copies.

Post Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:41 pm   Reply with quote         

buglover wrote:
My personal suggestion ist that it's ok aslong as it is a single artwork. But maybe she should inform her clients, that they have no rights to publish copies.

I agree with you buglover.

My searches online have proved that there is nothing very clear and definite on this legal subject.

Meaty

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:38 pm   Reply with quote         

Well the small ballet dancer in between her arms was a stock photo from devient artist SmileEmptyStock And as she says in her journal.
Quote:
Please read if you use my stock.

My stock is NOT allowed to be used out of dA.

Credit me and provide a link to my stock account in the description.

Note me in THIS account if you have used my stock. If you note my other account, I will ignore it.

Please tell me if you want me to comment on your work. I don't check this account everyday and sometimes notes build up and I don't have time to comment, but please make sure to tell me if you really want some.

Ask if you want to use my stock as a print (that is in the DA rules anyway...) I will only consider accepting if I feel you put a good amount of thought and work into the image and you didn't just change the colour.

So i guess it all comes down to where she gets her stock images from. She really needs to be sure she has permission to use the pieces she wants to use, perhaps where possable she should contact the artist responsible for the original piece and get permission to use it. And seeing as she is wanting to charge for the pieces could perhaps lead to more refusals than acceptances, why should she get paid for something that the original artist has given away free.

Micose

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:25 pm   Reply with quote         

she doen't have to get copyright if the pic used is somehow re-made....recoverd,transformed,etc... but shes just do simple collage she has to....the better would be that u post another pic in order to see better.. .
Michel

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:23 am   Reply with quote         

Meaty wrote:
Well the small ballet dancer in between her arms was a stock photo from devient artist SmileEmptyStock And as she says in her journal.

Actually, it is an already manipulated stock picture from www.deviantart.com and it will not be used commercially.

Big thanks to all for the help, especially Tiff, who's husband knows a lot about copyrights.

Cambria

Post Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:32 am   Reply with quote         

Obviously, the laws will vary according to where you live.
Google it... there is plenty of discussion on the topic.

http://www.bytephoto.com/forums/t3913.html

UK laws: http://www.copyrightservice.co.uk/protect/p16_photography_copyright

photoshoppinfmj

Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:50 pm   Reply with quote         

if she is a student I dont think the copyright laws take effect either as long as its for a project. I never have payed allot of attention to them anyway. But then again I dont sell my work..

You could get photos from www.veer.com also but its a very expensive place to purchase photos,fonts and more from.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Ask the Experts - Artists of the world : help needed - Reply to topic