Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - H2H Round 1 Sources revealed - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:21 am   Reply with quote         

Showcase wrote:
Wendy, I, for one, dont want to hear the story behind the chop...In the Tourney OR the contest for that matter.

The voting should be based on the final result. How much work was done or how many outside sources were used doesnt have much bearing on the quality of the entry.

just my opinion. Let the entry stand on its own without people trying to pull in votes with some outrageous claim of long hours and grueling source image searches.

yeah, Showcase, I agree about not caring how long it took or whatever. If someone can make an awesome chop, but they only did it in 30 seconds, thats not gonna keep me from voting for it. The only reason I care about sharing sources is i'm afraid people will mistake some hard work for simply an outside source. For example, I figured everyone would think the glass with the stuff in it was already an image, and wouldn't know what I actually photoshopped and what I actually cut and pasted. See what I mean?

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:32 am   Reply with quote         

Rolling Eyes that's kinda what i meant, so you have to make sure you don't do that to well ... make it look chopped Very Happy maybe you can make big red circles around the things that are chopped. Twisted Evil ... but serieusly mason, it has it good and bad sides that you cant show your sources. I do understand it, but i will not do my best to make anything look like an photograph anymore. I mean.. my banana's were like they are cut out from a magazine.. you cant tell it's a chop right Confused ( Laughing )

Location: I am everywhere, and Nowhere, but mostly, I am right here!

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:26 am   Reply with quote         

well apart from the background mine was all source, and boy was that a mistake, saying I was unhappy with the result is a bit of an understatment, if I see a bannana again it will be altogether too soon.....dang, my son is eating one right now Mad

nyxxie

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:31 am   Reply with quote         

I was convinced that the drink in your picture was just a source, until you started this thread. You did a great job with your sources!!! The perspective of the bananas was awesome as well. It sucks that we really can't show how much work we put into the pictures. Yours looked flawless, while I keep looking at mine, and I see many flaws. Confused Rolling Eyes

mason4300 wrote:
Showcase wrote:
Wendy, I, for one, dont want to hear the story behind the chop...In the Tourney OR the contest for that matter.

The voting should be based on the final result. How much work was done or how many outside sources were used doesnt have much bearing on the quality of the entry.

just my opinion. Let the entry stand on its own without people trying to pull in votes with some outrageous claim of long hours and grueling source image searches.

yeah, Showcase, I agree about not caring how long it took or whatever. If someone can make an awesome chop, but they only did it in 30 seconds, thats not gonna keep me from voting for it. The only reason I care about sharing sources is i'm afraid people will mistake some hard work for simply an outside source. For example, I figured everyone would think the glass with the stuff in it was already an image, and wouldn't know what I actually photoshopped and what I actually cut and pasted. See what I mean?

FootFungas

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:06 am   Reply with quote         

my mom just bought more mini bananas! Laughing

Post Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:01 pm   Reply with quote         

I swear to god, FF, if you submit any more pictures of fruit as sources, I'll come a'knocking. Evil or Very Mad

Thanks, nyxxie. I figured since I had set the bananas as a background object, no one would pay much attention to them. I actually had to re-shape every one of them individually and re-order some of them to look right at that perspective. I knew I was going to have trouble with that entry, simply because the bananas weren't the main focus.

Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 am   Reply with quote         

much research and money went into the creation of the strip club banana. multiple trips to the clubs trying to find the perfect stage, pole, what not.... they wouldnt let me take pictures for somereason Rolling Eyes so i had to create the stage in lightwave3d. the glitter was the hardest part. i hired 35 programers to come up with the glitter brush for photoshop... and they failed.

disclaimer: i didnt really go to any strip clubs nor did i hire 35 programers. im broke so im not spending my money on some pole swingin girl plus the wife would slaughter me something fierce.

L@rue: I'm eating a bag of bbq chips and drink a cocacola

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Gatherings and Meetings - H2H Round 1 Sources revealed - Reply to topic