Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Micoseism" - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:29 am   Reply with quote         

Why not keep the 2 separate? Winner for the contest gets the painting...Favorite three for Micose gets Advantage...
There...problem solved!

Very Happy

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:52 am   Reply with quote         

Paul Von Stetina wrote:
I agree with whatever you want to do for the 1st prize, (the painting), but your keeping Naiko's opinion out of his own contest, by letting others decide, we all know that non-members post late, and get much fewer votes because 80% of the voting is done early on the first day, this gives Naiko and non-members more time to "level the playing field" don't you think it would be interesting to see if Naiko likes the top 3 vote getters as much as say an entry that came in late on the 3rd day? Members have nothing to gain on this, I'm trying to get more non-members involved, there's 15,000 of them, this does nothing to help them, it's an Advantage to be a member already I want to take that away and give Naiko a voice on this, let's see how he feels, I value his opinion, don't you? Confused

Do you think this will keep the thread active? Controversy gets people talking, remember this is all good. Peace Razz

Well...Paul, sounds reasonable to me. The daily Micose entry wins the painting via PSC votes.

Naiko (aka Micose--to newbies) selects the winner of your generous offer if that's ok w/ him.

(Hey, are you single...and rich??? j/k...or not...just curious) Wink

Let the bickering begin!!!... Laughing

Post Tue May 09, 2006 3:12 am   Reply with quote         

Eve, is that u?
Shocked

kittie

Post Tue May 09, 2006 6:37 am   Reply with quote         

please please chill out a mi nute, I did not at all insist that I was helping him make it look like yours... he needed help getting a grunge effect, so i just told him that using noise and layers were good for that. I did not at all do anything for him or tell him that that's how you make a micose.

Micose

Post Tue May 09, 2006 8:06 am   Reply with quote         

well Kayla i had my nite time, iit's just what i needed to chill really out......what is done is done by the way.... i just wanted in a way that u remember u went to this style a long time before the others, by yourself, cuz this style fits your way of thinking ) I think, u were naturally skillful for this (and i didn't share anything at this time). U said that his is better that yours..that means that u saw it (which is pretty ok and sueful to help him,) so ii thought u sent him yours (is it the case ?)i don't think so) ...that's why....
Paul , ur proposition is so nice and generous , u da man,....sounds good, and i see no problem to do this.... thx a lot.... !!

Cool Cool Cool Smile Smile Smile Wink Wink Cool Cool
Kansas

Post Tue May 09, 2006 8:26 am   Reply with quote         

Spread the love.... But hey... the posted picture is there for all to see.. Everyone has the same shot at winning...

It's about Micose... but the PSC crowd were established as judge and jury... they are the ones with the final word as always.

One person never decides who wins..That's what's so great about PSC...

It's a mixed bag!

put em up ... put em up....out of the covers and ready to fight!! Wink

Post Tue May 09, 2006 8:59 am   Reply with quote         

ooh i see. I was joking about his being better... his is really good but i don't know where it stands to you. I just saw his finished product after he did it. And no, I didn't send him mine. Just a little bit of photoshop knowledge between friends is all... no micostic art views shared Very Happy

very generous idea Paul. I bet that'll get some more people to participate.

Micose

Post Tue May 09, 2006 9:32 am   Reply with quote         

Kansas wrote:
Spread the love.... But hey... the posted picture is there for all to see.. Everyone has the same shot at winning...

It's about Micose... but the PSC crowd were established as judge and jury... they are the ones with the final word as always.

One person never decides who wins..That's what's so great about PSC...

It's a mixed bag!

put em up ... put em up....out of the covers and ready to fight!! Wink

advantage account offered : great
me saying who wins : no..;definitly not Wink
Paul Von Stetina

Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:58 pm   Reply with quote         

Hold on a minute everyone, I'm not saying Naiko is picking the winner here, I'm saying that after the 3 days of posting, Naiko gets to say which Micose inspired works that he likes best, that's all, if by chance there are any Non-Advantage members in that group of three, whether it's 1-2 or 3 of them then they will get a 1 year's membership to Advantage, and Kansas, just because you posted the shot does not mean that many non-members saw it, they can not pre-post their images like we can to get a better position, and more than likely they won't know whats going on until this starts, non- Adv. members don't follow the forum like we do, not that I follow it that much either, what are you all going to do if a picture that is not Mikose inspired wins the most votes? do you see the dilema that could transpire? just to see if I'm right, how many Non-Advantage members besides DP are even on this thread, can we get a heads up? I bet it's less than 5, Rolling Eyes and Eve, I'm single and bloody rich, Twisted Evil actually I was featured on the Lifestyles of the Poor and the Lonely Laughing twice Embarassed

Post Tue May 09, 2006 2:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Crying or Very sad Oh how I wish I had advantage... Crying or Very sad
oh...wait...maybe I can get it after this contest!
Razz

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 09, 2006 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
Quote:
Anytime someone offers to "sweeten the pot"....hmmmm, I'm in! That's very generous of you, Paul!

BUT, in all fairness, the top 3 "Micose" images must be voted on by PSC members--same as any other day's contest.
Hey, don't look at me, it's in the rule book.

and

Well...Paul, sounds reasonable to me. The daily Micose entry wins the painting via PSC votes.

Naiko (aka Micose--to newbies) selects the winner of your generous offer if that's ok w/ him.

The 202 loves it when I do this. Paul, the Micose inspired entry with the most votes wins the painting. I was actually hoping to inspire more members to subscribe to Advantage.

You do have a point about non-Advantage people unable to pre-post...but, "oh well!"
And...Micose has agreed to act as the judge in selecting the top 3 for Paul's generous offer.

Very Happy

Post Tue May 09, 2006 2:11 pm   Reply with quote         

Although, I will say this about my entry...
Having looked at and studied Micose's style...from his paintings not on PSC to the works he has posted here...I have tried to capture the essence of what Micose actually creates. In my opinion, I think a lot of people are going to do works that are very fluid and maybe will try too hard to mimic that part of his style....but that's just my opinion.

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Tue May 09, 2006 3:16 pm   Reply with quote         

for
non advantage members,
the image is located on
page 23 in this thread.
Very Happy

Kansas

Post Tue May 09, 2006 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
Although, I will say this about my entry...
Having looked at and studied Micose's style...from his paintings not on PSC to the works he has posted here...I have tried to capture the essence of what Micose actually creates. In my opinion, I think a lot of people are going to do works that are very fluid and maybe will try too hard to mimic that part of his style....but that's just my opinion.

I would have to say that is a very BOLD statement DP... Kind of sounds like you are talking down to the rest of us like we can't get our minds around What Micose does....

hmmmmmmm... Let the challenge begin!!!!

Post Tue May 09, 2006 4:24 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it will be some good fun. I'm excited to see everybody's results for this... it's pretty difficult but I'm sure everyone will enjoy their outcomes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - "Micoseism" - Reply to topic