Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - daily entries - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ScionShade

Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Quote:
ScionShade 05/09 @ 12:20 pm
We're down to 25 entries in a contest...,.most days are only half what they were a year ago.

Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:26 pm   Reply with quote         

Confused
Why is that, I wonder?

ReyRey

Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:31 pm   Reply with quote         

If you do one, that will be one more Very Happy
Actually a lot of the entries are also double entries from the same person. So it's even less members than you think. I have not been crazy about the source images lately. Seems a lot of them were out of focus, or just boring. I wonder if trying to accept images from all the members, we are accepting lower quality in some cases.
Your last entry was a million years ago, you tell me.

Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Hmmm...u know...come to think of it....since I joined..the source pix have gotten a little less thrilling...

TheShaman

Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:44 pm   Reply with quote         

I dont have any desire to do the Saturday & Sunday of this coming week.. so yeah, I agree, the sources have been 'lacking' lately... not trying to offend anyone submitting images, cause Lord knows we need em... lets just try to atleast get good quality images huh? Shocked

Site Moderator

Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:50 pm   Reply with quote         

There was a tortoise source about a month after I joined (last year). Guess it's fun for the new members but seemed redundant for me to post on something Ive already done.

http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/86917/but-they-all-look-alike.html
ANFA, DELUCX AND REY REY took the top 3 posts!

my 2cents

ScionShade

Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:53 pm   Reply with quote         

I've thought the sources have been great and certainly every last one of them is better than the low quality pics of a year ago.
can anyone argue that? Laughing
If you were here , you know what I mean.

ScionShade

Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
There was a tortoise source about a month after I joined (last year). Guess it's fun for the new members but seemed redundant for me to post on something Ive already done.

my 2cents

So do something original, or maybe this time do something difficult.
ALL sources are gonna be redundant because all the bases from people-to animals-to landscapes-to machinery to everything has been done.

Post Tue May 09, 2006 12:55 pm   Reply with quote         

And that's why you haven't been chopping, Scion???

ScionShade

Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:00 pm   Reply with quote         

ReyRey wrote:
If you do one, that will be one more Very Happy
Actually a lot of the entries are also double entries from the same person. So it's even less members than you think. I have not been crazy about the source images lately. Seems a lot of them were out of focus, or just boring. I wonder if trying to accept images from all the members, we are accepting lower quality in some cases.
Your last entry was a million years ago, you tell me.

My last entries were just having fun......personally I stopped chopping and took a four month plus break from PSC. I'm mainly back because of the people
I've come to e-know here. Forums have also died but some of the humor I run into in the chat is still cutting edge and hilarious.
Stopping in for five minutes just to say Hi to someone like Mightybeet, Wes, Show, Nan, Chopper, and of course caf and Splodge is usually uplifting to the spirit.

ScionShade

Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:03 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
And that's why you haven't been chopping, Scion???

I have not been chopping because..well, I'll need an example here......ok
Take Anfa, day after day he submits chops that he has spent time on, he does good work always and sometimes he does something that hits home and has a killer win.
His images get the votes they deserve everyday, I don't think I've ever seen him complain--
Compare his votes and his quality of work to the others that post as regularly as he does.

Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
Stopping in for five minutes just to say Hi to someone like Mightybeet, Wes, Show, Nan, Chopper, and of course caf and Splodge is usually uplifting to the spirit.

What, are you saying I'm not uplifting to the spirit? Asshole.

ScionShade

Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:09 pm   Reply with quote         

HA! And OTHERS AND OTHERS!!! Very Happy

TheShaman

Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:21 pm   Reply with quote         

I havent been around long enough to know what happened last summer...

maybe this is just a spring slowdown... people getting ready for finals and the summer vacation?

anyway I take back what I said about the sources (more or less it just has me stumped on what to do with them (saturday & sunday), it should be a challenge to do something thats out of focus or obscure... makes ya work harder... just like real life when the customer wants something nice, yet cutting edge, but not too flashy... or just make it plain but with pazzaz Laughing

Post Tue May 09, 2006 1:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah, the sources lately have been kind of boring.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - daily entries - Reply to topic