Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

mikey

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:02 pm   Reply with quote         

That was me quoting scripture" please dont hate me for it... Rolling Eyes Cool
we can all get along!... Very Happy

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:03 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:

In Buddhism we have relative truth and absolute truth.
Buddhism is a lifelong quest for the truth.

The assumption I'm concerned about is "literal truth". People may argue over whether the Bible, the Talmud, the Koran, or even the Book of Mormon is literally true, but they all make the assumption that "literal truth" is possible.

I say it's not.

I guess you could say that, even if "truth" doesn't exist in any absolute sense, falsehood does.

Relative truth AND absolute truth?!?!? Either truth is universal or it is not, and to say that it is not is self-refuting. One can not logically make the universal truth claim that truth is not universal.

Is the statement "Literal truth is not possible," literally true? If not, why believe it? If it is literally true, it is self-defeating.

Is it absolutely true that falsehood exists?

DP YOU CANNOT ESCAPE ABSOLUTE TRUTH!!!

Your worldview cannot account for it.

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:34 pm   Reply with quote         

HOLY SHYTE! (no pun intended) I got on yesterday, and there were 30 replies by the end of the day...I get on this afternoon, and there's over 100? sheesh...So much for keeping up on this thread...

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck: I respect your views. I do not wish to engage anymore about who's right or wrong or which system of belief is the correct one. I am beginning to practice Buddhism wholeheartedly because I find the notion of your religious views to be very disconcerting. Next thing you'll probably say is that "Jesus is coming...He's coming soon"...yeah...I've heard that one for the last 35 years...I ain't seen him yet. I never will. It seems that you're so busy trying to ask everyone else why they believe what they believe, what is your truth as opposed to mine...The only truth right now is that the more this thread continues, the more hostile you're apt to become. I was merely stating a few simple facts about Buddhism and you're all "God does exist because the Bible says so"...The Bible is a book. Would you believe that The Tooth Fairy existed just because you read it somewhere? Or the Easter Bunny? Where is the open-mindedness, the love for one another that is supposedly the basis of Christianity? My belief is that there is no God. God would not have allowed a woman as selfish and sorry to lie on the witness stand and take the children that I have raised for the past 6 years. God, would not have put my children through such an ordeal and kept them in the one place they were truly happy...with me. Your God is a wrathful and vengeful God. That, i do believe is in the Bible...that we are to FEAR him...Why? Why should I be so afraid of someone or something that supposedly is so wonderful?
My belief is that the power to be/live God-like lives inside all. I do not knock your views, if indeed they work for you. Please stop trying to knock what I believe by asking all of these questions that would be pointless of me to answer, simply because you're too unwilling to see things from my point of view. Why is so hard for some people to see through someone else's eyes?

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:39 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
And Feral...Why do you only request the closing of THIS off topic thread?

I also requested the closing of THiS off-topic thread:
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=107104&highlight=#107104
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=104445&highlight=#104445

But hey, don't let things like facts get in the way of making your typically obnoxious pronouncements. Scion was 100% correct: I want this thread locked because conversations about politics and religion (if we can even call this thread a "conversation" at this point) serve only to inflame passions, generate hostility, and generally sour the community atmosphere.

I was trying to help you out by suggesting the thread be locked, because I felt bad that you were getting constantly attacked for your beliefs. But judging from your subsequent comments, it seems that you're really just LOOKING to argue with people, as you usually are.

Again, this is a photoshopping website. Sure, discuss or post whatever you feel like. But when threads like this one become progressively more contentious, painfully drawn-out, and without any hope of resolution, i'd suggest that it's time to lock it.

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

I second the vote for Thread-Locking...All in favor say "Aye"

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:04 pm   Reply with quote         

digitalpharaoh wrote:
I am beginning to practice Buddhism wholeheartedly because I find the notion of your religious views to be very disconcerting.

It is illogical to practice something just because truth is disconcerting

Next thing you'll probably say is that "Jesus is coming...He's coming soon"...yeah...I've heard that one for the last 35 years...I ain't seen him yet. I never will. It seems that you're so busy trying to ask everyone else why they believe what they believe, what is your truth as opposed to mine...The only truth right now is that the more this thread continues, the more hostile you're apt to become.

Please do not put words in my mouth (again). No one knows when Jesus will return, to make such a claim is unbiblical. I only asked questions which your worldview poses. Where have I been the least bit hostile. I like you. I respect your right to be wrong Laughing

I was merely stating a few simple facts about Buddhism and you're all "God does exist because the Bible says so"...

Where in this forum have I made this claim?

The Bible is a book. Would you believe that The Tooth Fairy existed just because you read it somewhere? Or the Easter Bunny? Where is the open-mindedness,

Where is YOUR openmindedness? I believe the Bible because it comports with reality, and with it I can account for universal, immaterial, unchanging laws. I believe the Bible because it gives me justification for rational thought. I believe the Bible because it says that the reasoning of those who deny it is "foolishness." Anyone who needs a witness of this can read this thread.

the love for one another that is supposedly the basis of Christianity?

It is an aspect but not the basis.

My belief is that there is no God. God would not have allowed a woman as selfish and sorry to lie on the witness stand and take the children that I have raised for the past 6 years. God, would not have put my children through such an ordeal and kept them in the one place they were truly happy...with me.

How do you know that God would not allow this. I think pain and sorrow is terrible!!! Do you think my life has been a bed of roses?!?!?!? I know though that (and now I will quote scripture) "In all things God works for the good of those who love Him" - Romans 8:28 - Have you even tried loving Him?

Whatsoever is good for God's children they shall have it, for all is theirs to further them to heaven; therefore, if poverty be good, they shall have it; if disgrace be good, they shall have it; if crosses be good, they shall have them; if misery be good, they shall have it; for all is ours, to serve for our greatest good. (Richard Sibbes)

Your God is a wrathful and vengeful God. That, i do believe is in the Bible...that we are to FEAR him...Why? Why should I be so afraid of someone or something that supposedly is so wonderful?

You are to fear him BECAUSE he is so wonderful. Anyone who encountered God in the Bible was terrified because of WHO GOD IS. He is LOVE and JUSTICE and PERFECTION personified. The fear was invoked because of our inferiority to HIM. People who have denied the very source of their existence SHOULD BE AFRAID Those who love him have an ADVOCATE WITH THE FATHER who satisfied the WRATH of God by dying on the cross in the place of SINNERS

My belief is that the power to be/live God-like lives inside all. I do not knock your views, if indeed they work for you. Please stop trying to knock what I believe by asking all of these questions that would be pointless of me to answer, simply because you're too unwilling to see things from my point of view. Why is so hard for some people to see through someone else's eyes?

The thing is DP I want answers to those questions SO I CAN SEE YOUR VIEW THROUGH YOUR EYES . Tell me how you account for those things and maybe I will understand you better

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:14 pm   Reply with quote         

Feral Hamster wrote:
Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
And Feral...Why do you only request the closing of THIS off topic thread?

I also requested the closing of THiS off-topic thread:
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=107104&highlight=#107104
http://photoshopcontest.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=104445&highlight=#104445

I was trying to help you out by suggesting the thread be locked, because I felt bad that you were getting constantly attacked for your beliefs. But judging from your subsequent comments, it seems that you're really just LOOKING to argue with people, as you usually are.

Again, this is a photoshopping website. Sure, discuss or post whatever you feel like. But when threads like this one become progressively more contentious, painfully drawn-out, and without any hope of resolution, i'd suggest that it's time to lock it

Ok Feral, I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. You have requested that other threads be locked. I apologize for not knowing this and for claiming otherwise.

I am not looking to argue with people - I want them to know the truth and ask honest questions. Your comments are more inflammatory than any of mine have ever been.

And Feral, respectfully, thanks for your help, but in this case, I don't need it.

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:17 pm   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))><, ,,,,
give up, god never was, jesus was the son of a whore, ( i do not deny that some guy called jesus started all this pain) mary,,, what the fuck was she on, comes to that what the fuck was josef on,,,,,, you are a virgin, and now you are pregnant with the son god,,,,,,,, who the fuck is this god guy, i'm gonna kick his ass, and how come you are my wife amd i never had sex with you???
even the nazi pope gave up on that one (your current pope was a nazi prison gaurd) like judas,
your pope quited most of the "miricals of christ" as imposible, why wont you,
you always come back with "where is your proof" then quote that fiary tail bible as proof, heap of shit, it was wrote 200 years after that christe guy was alive,
christ was a jew, a pagan (as it happens) WTF happened there? we are spozed to hate jews, noone knows why,,, jesus the king of jews, christians hate jews????????
OK I backed myself into a corner here, Rienman,help me, this is all so f*cked up.
i'll go back to my original thoughts, christians are to lazy to think for them selves, some book tells them what to think, bunch of morons to me, weak minded, lazy morons,
P.S. i've been drinking Twisted Evil

Hallcross Toots
ScionShade

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:42 pm   Reply with quote         

I think it's pretty clear.
Splodge is sick of this subject.
You could just say your sick of this subject Razz

ReinMan

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:44 pm   Reply with quote         

splodge wrote:

OK I backed myself into a corner here, Rienman,help me, this is all so f*cked up.

Hmph!

Not until you learn to spell my name right, you Son of Satin!

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:

Not until you learn to spell my name right, you Son of Satin!

Um...you mean "Satan" right? I don't picture Splodge in satin even when he's this polluted.

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:51 pm   Reply with quote         

Now is also a touchy time for AAmerican christians.
Hollywood, land of "Free Speech" has decided that
any movie with christian characters is the same as sex and violence and
adult language....it's automatically rated PG13..
Kids under 13 are no longer allowed in the movie theatres if characters in the movie are playing the role of a Christian.

splodge

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:53 pm   Reply with quote         

DOG BLESS DAN BROWN

Hallcross Toots
ScionShade

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:04 pm   Reply with quote         

Aye

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - Canuck Fish's website is finally up - This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.