Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Brother redesigns Canuckfish's site! - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Canuck <º)))><

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:54 pm   Reply with quote         

Now I know why I joined this place! Laughing Laughing Laughing

A heartfelt thanks to BroChris for redesigning the site.
( www.proofthatgodexists.org )

Please let us know if you experience any problems viewing the site with your browser.

Thanks,

Sye

No DP, this is not intended to start a theological debate Very Happy

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Great job! ~ very refreshing and easy on the eyes" Very Happy Congrats Sye" I pray that the Lord shows favor with your ministry and that it will shine forth his loving kindness, hope, truth and salvation. amen. Smile

Post Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:46 pm   Reply with quote         

I hear you loud and clear brother Smile I can only hope others do as well

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:23 am   Reply with quote         

seems everything is fine in several browsers and it looks nice too Smile

one point of attention maybe: http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/does-not.php

the buttons on this page (and similar pages) don't blend nicely with the background (because of the 'clouds'). Not a very big issue since it's hardly noticeable. But you might consider to change the background of the buttons. Maybe use of transparency through gif or png (note that png is not fully supported by IE)

(off the record: the message on the other hand did not convince me, so I remain an atheist Wink )

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:31 am   Reply with quote         

Here we go! Very Happy

Grefix wrote:

(off the record: the message on the other hand did not convince me, so I remain an atheist Wink )

Thanks for your comments on the site. I'll pass the info on to Chris. (if he hasn't looked at it already - He's very quick Very Happy )

(off the record: How do you account for universal, immaterial, invarient laws, or do you just accept them by blind faith?)

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:54 am   Reply with quote         

OK...Deja Vu...didn't we do this one time before? Laughing

BroChris

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:07 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks, Grefix, I was aware of that. I thought about the png solution, but that would make it even uglier in IE (which unfortunately is still the most used browser). I tried gif transparency as well, but because of the shadows around the buttons, I could get it to work (even with an average matte color). I may end up using a gif with transparency diffusion, but it will leave a few artifacts. I'll think about it. Thanks, though!
Heinlein

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:50 am   Reply with quote         

Looks and works Great!

ReinMan

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:28 am   Reply with quote         

Looks much better.

The rollover on the big gray buttons have an ugly "flash" or "blink" of a gray box when it rolls over - kind of ruins the Bevelled Wonder of the buttons for me. Might just be my browser, but I do use the Most Popular Browser In The World, so I hope you can tweak this.

Definately an improvement over the original look of the site.

anfa

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:47 am   Reply with quote         

Looks much nicer but it's the same crappy dogma!

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:55 am   Reply with quote         

ReinMan wrote:
Looks much better.

The rollover on the big gray buttons have an ugly "flash" or "blink" of a gray box when it rolls over - kind of ruins the Bevelled Wonder of the buttons for me. Might just be my browser, but I do use the Most Popular Browser In The World, so I hope you can tweak this.

Yeah, this happens for me too.

And on the buttons on this page: http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/does-not.php
A transparent gif would be best in this type of situation.

Great job on the site and great to see you guys working together and helping each other out. I wish more christians were like that! Carry on...

Canuck <º)))><

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:02 am   Reply with quote         

Here we go again (2)

anfa wrote:
Looks much nicer but it's the same crappy dogma!

Ya, but our 'crappy' dogma can account for the logic you appeal to when you criticize our 'crappy' dogma. How does your crappy dogma account for the universal, immaterial, unchanging laws of logic again? Very Happy

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:06 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:

(off the record: How do you account for universal, immaterial, invarient laws, or do you just accept them by blind faith?)

How do you account for them? Easy: An all knowing, all seeing, omnipresent, omnipotent, supernatural being who created and rules over the universe!
I mean DUH! It just makes sense!
And Where did HE come from, you ask? Hey man, if you're going to pose ignorant questions like that, just press the bevelled exit button and get your ass to the Disney site!
Oh, did I mention he knows what I'm thinking and can grant me wishes, if he so chooses? (I'd like an X-Box and an end to children's suffering, please)

About the site -

Great work! Yes, a thinking person will notice the holes in your reasoning that are big enough to drive a bus through, but that's not what this is about.

If I could just make one suggestion - I think you'll have better luck convincing people of your message if you increased your usage of the words "truth" and "logic". I'm just not seeing them enough.

Other than that, I can't find fault with the site.

I read it all and I think my favorite part is where you ask people if they believe in "absolute moral laws". To help them decide for themselves, you point out that if they are against the rape and child molestation of a loved one, then they do, in fact, believe in absolute moral laws (and therefor god exists).
I mean, it's just common sense!

oh wait..I have another favorite. It's where you slag Buddhism. Or maybe where you badmouth Hinduism? Ahhh I can't decide. I'll just say I like the part where you insult everyone's views but your own.

Keep up the great work

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:10 am   Reply with quote         

Oh boy...not this again... Laughing

Post Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:33 am   Reply with quote         

Azionite wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
Looks much better.

Yeah, this happens for me too.

And on the buttons on this page: http://www.proofthatgodexists.org/does-not.php
A transparent gif would be best in this type of situation.

Great job on the site and great to see you guys working together and helping each other out. I wish more christians were like that! Carry on...

I dont have this problem, it must be your guys' browsers or something.

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Brother redesigns Canuckfish's site! - Reply to topic