Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

 


Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Brother redesigns Canuckfish's site! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Canuck <º)))><

Location: Dorchester, Ontario Canada

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:00 am   Reply with quote         


Chopper wrote:
Quote:
You can claim that these quotes are insulting and arrogant but what is your absolute standard of decency which supports your claim?


This question was intended for BadCop, but I would just like to take this moment to quote Shakespeare:

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."


By this are you implying that Shakespeare trumps the Bible?




_________________
"The atheist can’t find God for the same reason that a thief can’t find a policeman."

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:12 am   Reply with quote         


Why do I see this thread going on a lot longer than the last one?
Sheesh.




splodge

Location: Yorkshire,

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:31 am   Reply with quote         


dont blame me, i'm still staying out of it Very Happy




_________________


Hallcross Toots
Canuck <º)))><

Location: Dorchester, Ontario Canada

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:27 am   Reply with quote         


badcop wrote:

(and yes, Canuck, feel free to use that last part against me. Preferably in the form of a question)


You misunderstand me. I do not want to use anything against you. This is not a game to me. I want only the best for you. The reason I asked to use our conversation is because I want people to evaluate what others say against the truth, and let them decide how it stands up.

The truth is either avoided or mocked. Our conversation makes this plain to see.




_________________
"The atheist can’t find God for the same reason that a thief can’t find a policeman."
ScionShade

Location: VeniceFlaUS

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:32 am   Reply with quote         


"avoided,mocked..or accepted" just wanted to help ya there Very Happy




ReinMan

Location: Whitby, ONTARIO, CAN

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:40 am   Reply with quote         


Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
badcop wrote:

(and yes, Canuck, feel free to use that last part against me. Preferably in the form of a question)


You misunderstand me. I do not want to use anything against you. This is not a game to me.
I want only the best for you.


"I want only the best for you" Shocked

So YOU can do that for me? YOU have it all figured out what is best for ME?
Not Jesus? Not God? YOU.

Sorry dude - I think you better go take your Anti-Pride pills.
Your sneaky arrogance is now getting tiring. And you might want to listen with a MUCH more open heart to brothers like CHOPPER.

I'm now done with this thread... you all go on and have fun now, but it annoys my Heart and Soul when someone INSISTS that they are God's messenger, and in doing so they potentially turn people away from the Divine. Adios...




_________________

_________________________________
THIS SITE REALLY DOESN'T EXIST
the way our EGO THINKS IT MIGHT!
_________________________________
Gort

Location: Reading PA

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:59 am   Reply with quote         


What makes this so hard for some folks to understand, me included, is that people seem to be either unwilling or unable to see a difference between "facts" and "beliefs".

We all have beliefs that we want to be true. But when you insist that YOUR beliefs are fact and other folks beliefs are not, the presentation of your particular belief suffers.

Perhaps if you said "Here are my beliefs and here is why I believe this way" people would be more interested in hearing your point of view. It turns some of us off immediately when you present your beliefs as absolute truth.




Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:27 am   Reply with quote         






Canuck <º)))><

Location: Dorchester, Ontario Canada

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:09 pm   Reply with quote         


ReinMan wrote:

"I want only the best for you" Shocked

So YOU can do that for me? YOU have it all figured out what is best for ME?
Not Jesus? Not God? YOU.

Sorry dude - I think you better go take your Anti-Pride pills.
Your sneaky arrogance is now getting tiring. And you might want to listen with a MUCH more open heart to brothers like CHOPPER.


Huhwa? You don't want the best for me ReinMan dude?




_________________
"The atheist can’t find God for the same reason that a thief can’t find a policeman."
Canuck <º)))><

Location: Dorchester, Ontario Canada

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:14 pm   Reply with quote         


Gort wrote:
What makes this so hard for some folks to understand, me included, is that people seem to be either unwilling or unable to see a difference between "facts" and "beliefs".

We all have beliefs that we want to be true. But when you insist that YOUR beliefs are fact and other folks beliefs are not, the presentation of your particular belief suffers.

Perhaps if you said "Here are my beliefs and here is why I believe this way" people would be more interested in hearing your point of view. It turns some of us off immediately when you present your beliefs as absolute truth.


And if your bank teller gave you $10 when you asked for change for a hundred, saying "Here is my belief, I believe that the correct change for $100 is $10," you would be fine with that?

I believe in absolute truth. You are free to disagree, but you can't live that way and be consistent with your belief.




_________________
"The atheist can’t find God for the same reason that a thief can’t find a policeman."
mikey

Location: Somerville MA

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:16 pm   Reply with quote         


The truth is there's a great power that runs this universe and all the life in it, and whatever that power is we will only find out what it is when we die" or maybe not" Rolling Eyes but I do know one thing, Jesus rocks! and I choose to do good and refuse the evil! Twisted Evil and if you think there is no evil, your really lost for sure!! Shocked I bid you all peace, love and understanding" Very Happy We're all in this life together so let's kick the devils ass! and cherish the good, honest and descent people who make this world livable. Cool




_________________
https://drooble.com/l/20vwa

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:25 pm   Reply with quote         


[Censored]

(and queer means weird)




Canuck <º)))><

Location: Dorchester, Ontario Canada

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:41 pm   Reply with quote         


HKlevjer wrote:
Seeing as this now has become a religion-debate, the topic is a little
Queer


Welcome then Laughing

Before you get any ideas...I'm straight.




_________________
"The atheist can’t find God for the same reason that a thief can’t find a policeman."
ScionShade

Location: VeniceFlaUS

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:45 pm   Reply with quote         


ReinMan wrote:
Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
badcop wrote:

(and yes, Canuck, feel free to use that last part against me. Preferably in the form of a question)


You misunderstand me. I do not want to use anything against you. This is not a game to me.
I want only the best for you.


"I want only the best for you" Shocked

So YOU can do that for me? YOU have it all figured out what is best for ME?
Not Jesus? Not God? YOU.

Sorry dude - I think you better go take your Anti-Pride pills.
Your sneaky arrogance is now getting tiring. And you might want to listen with a MUCH more open heart to brothers like CHOPPER.

I'm now done with this thread... you all go on and have fun now, but it annoys my Heart and Soul when someone INSISTS that they are God's messenger, and in doing so they potentially turn people away from the Divine. Adios...

Why can't you just accept that you do not, and will not agree with the guy and leave him alone.Sorry dude - I think you better go take your Anti-Pride pills.
Your sneaky arrogance is now getting tiring.


[a href]http://www.box.net/signup/invitation/myrz2@comcast.net][/a][img]www.box.net/img/refer_orange_big.gif[/img]




ScionShade

Location: VeniceFlaUS

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:48 pm   Reply with quote         


Gort wrote:
What makes this so hard for some folks to understand, me included, is that people seem to be either unwilling or unable to see a difference between "facts" and "beliefs".

We all have beliefs that we want to be true. But when you insist that YOUR beliefs are fact and other folks beliefs are not, the presentation of your particular belief suffers.

Perhaps if you said "Here are my beliefs and here is why I believe this way" people would be more interested in hearing your point of view. It turns some of us off immediately when you present your beliefs as absolute truth.

I see an awful lot of ideas presented as facts all the time...
If I said 'man evolved from apes" I hardly think you'd have a problem with that,
That is something you may believe but have accepted to yourself as a fact.




Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Brother redesigns Canuckfish's site! - Reply to topic

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Navigate PSC
Contests open  completed  winners  prizes  events  rules  rss 
Galleries votes  authentic  skillful  funny  creative  theme  winners 
Interact register  log in/out  forum  chat  user lookup  contact 
Stats monthly leaders  hall of fame  record holders 
PSC advantage  news (rss)  faq  about  links  contact  home 
Help faq  search  new users  tutorials  contact  password 

Adobe, the Adobe logo, Adobe Photoshop, Creative Suite and Illustrator are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Text and images copyright © 2000-2006 Photoshop Contest. All rights reserved.
A venture of ExpertRating.com