Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Brother redesigns Canuckfish's site! - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

ScionShade

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm   Reply with quote         

HKlevjer wrote:
Seeing as this now has become a religion-debate, the topic is a little
Queer

Stop spamming threads...you got nothing to ad to a topic..leave it alone.

anfa

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:01 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
ReinMan wrote:
Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
badcop wrote:

(and yes, Canuck, feel free to use that last part against me. Preferably in the form of a question)

You misunderstand me. I do not want to use anything against you. This is not a game to me.
I want only the best for you.

"I want only the best for you" Shocked

So YOU can do that for me? YOU have it all figured out what is best for ME?
Not Jesus? Not God? YOU.

Sorry dude - I think you better go take your Anti-Pride pills.
Your sneaky arrogance is now getting tiring. And you might want to listen with a MUCH more open heart to brothers like CHOPPER.

I'm now done with this thread... you all go on and have fun now, but it annoys my Heart and Soul when someone INSISTS that they are God's messenger, and in doing so they potentially turn people away from the Divine. Adios...

Why can't you just accept that you do not, and will not agree with the guy and leave him alone.Sorry dude - I think you better go take your Anti-Pride pills.
Your sneaky arrogance is now getting tiring.

I think you better go take YOUR Anti-Pride pills.
YOUR sneaky arrogance is now getting tiring.Wink

Gort

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:18 pm   Reply with quote         

Dinosaurs ruled this planet for 165 million years. Humans have been here less than 2 million. Apparently God really liked dinosaurs, and it makes our human arrogance seem so silly and trivial. And just to clarify, humans didn't evolve from apes.

ScionShade

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:05 pm   Reply with quote         

That's what i am talking about Gort--You go
stating that Dinosaurs ruled the earth for 165 million years like it's a fact and not just
something you believe.
I've been saying this from the start..what makes it ok for you to do that and not Canuck?
It's stinking ridiculous..leave the guy alone.

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:35 pm   Reply with quote         

ScionShade wrote:
That's what i am talking about Gort--You go
stating that Dinosaurs ruled the earth for 165 million years like it's a fact and not just
something you believe.

It's called...scientific evidence.

ScionShade

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:36 pm   Reply with quote         

Of which you know very little about.
It seems you guys are the ones trying to cram your
beliefs down other people's throats.
It's not gonna happen. Why persist?
BTW...if yer up to date on the subject at all..
there's a great deal of scientific evidence that backs our point of view,
and a great deal more that puts the status quo in question.

mikey

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Photoshop evolved from a one pixeled animal" Laughing

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Scion, I did not mean to offend, and have carefully chosen my words so as not to. I did not attack Canuck for his beliefs. But they are beliefs, not facts.

As for the length of time dinosaurs lived on earth, there are scientific dating processes that are established by studies over many years. These are processes that can be reliably repeated by independant laboratories, and have been, in the scientific community from all over the world. There is a mountain of evidence to back up the statement concerning dinosaurs. It is not just a belief on my part.

I'm sorry for being "stinking ridiculous", but I was taught that "facts" are called that because they can be demonstrated to hold up by being repeated by many independant sources in controlled settings. Scientific papers are published outlining the methodology used and all of science is invited to duplicate the results. It is an open process for all to participate in, and is how we establish what is fact. It is a beautiful process for us to understand the world around us.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:57 pm   Reply with quote         

Gort wrote:

I'm sorry for being "stinking ridiculous", but I was taught that "facts" are called that because they can be demonstrated to hold up by being repeated by many independant sources in controlled settings. Scientific papers are published outlining the methodology used and all of science is invited to duplicate the results. It is an open process for all to participate in, and is how we establish what is fact. It is a beautiful process for us to understand the world around us.

All of science is based on the 'inductive principle.' Science only works because nature is uniform, or predictable, which essentially means - science works because scientists proceed on the expectation that the future will be like the past.

How do you account for induction, or in other words, on what basis do you proceed with the expectation that the future will be like the past? To say "Well it's always been like that in the past," is entirely circular.

I can account for induction and can therefore justify science. Again, how do you account for induction?

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:24 pm   Reply with quote         

oh bloody hell....

Canuck, I think you're an okay person. I didn't come to this site to "judge" others for their religious affiliations, preferences, or beliefs. Perhaps I should rethink joining this site. Stupid me, I thought it was about design and improving skills.

Fish, your udated site looks a hell of a lot better than before. (Thank God for that.)

oh, crap, I said HELL twice. Please pray for me.

Canuck <º)))><

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:46 pm   Reply with quote         

Eve wrote:
oh bloody hell....

Canuck, I think you're an okay person. I didn't come to this site to "judge" others for their religious affiliations, preferences, or beliefs. Perhaps I should rethink joining this site. Stupid me, I thought it was about design and improving skills.

Fish, your udated site looks a hell of a lot better than before. (Thank God for that.)

oh, crap, I said HELL twice. Please pray for me.

That's not why I started this thread either. I would have no qualms with JMH pulling it.

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:50 pm   Reply with quote         

Then how about posting again...remember how to do that?

CHOP, CHOP, CHOP???

Laughing Cool Laughing

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:32 am   Reply with quote         

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
I'm a Christian because Christianity is true.. There's a lot of things I like, but it does not effect the truth.

I believe Christianity is true also, but I also have tolerance of other people's beliefs. I work in the same cubicle as a devout Muslim. Do you know how chaotic it would be if I was not understanding of his viewpoint.

When you start tolerating other people's religions and viewpoints, I think what you may find is that you will become a better follower for Jesus. You will become more compassionate, just as Jesus was. You might even learn to convert someone based upon the loving and kindness of Jesus Christ, rather than the scare tactics of hell and damnation...or worse, the annoying "I'm right and you're wrong" mentality.

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
I do not understand how this makes it fanatical. I am not forcing anyone to choose anything, or to stay at the site. Would you call a math quiz fanatical that only allowed one to advance when they had the right answer?

You have a limited number of options under each question. If the visitor wants to participate in your site, then to reach the "true content" of your website, you are forcing someone to choose based upon what YOU want them to choose. Personally, I feel each of your questions should have a hundred thousand buttons under them, but then it would just be easier to have a type="text" form field and let them enter their own response instead.

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
Then what is your take on Romans 1 vs 18 -19 + Psalm 14 vs 1 for instance?

I notice you leave out the verse just before in Romans 1 verse 17 which states:

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."

As I said, the topic of whether God exists or not is not a black/white issue. Believing in God is built upon faith. Faith is a very "grey" topic. We use our faith to make it a black/white issue for us "individually". Faith is based upon a subjective viewpoint and this makes it unproveable to anyone other than oneself based on our own unique observations and feelings.

Canuck <º)))>< wrote:
By this are you implying that Shakespeare trumps the Bible?

No, by using Shakespeare's quote:

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

I am implying that not everyone here is a Christian that believes in the Bible. So you are going to have one hell of a frustrating time trying to convince non-believers of something that is only proveable based upon your own subjective, Biblical beliefs.

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:33 am   Reply with quote         

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:52 am   Reply with quote         

Im cooking stew in chat...got enought for all religions...so come on over and enjoy... Smile

(Hey Chopper hows that Q&A going for ya profile thingy mate
)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - General Discussion - PSC Brother redesigns Canuckfish's site! - Reply to topic