Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - CHOPPER PROFILE 12-Reinman - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2  Next

blue_lurker

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:23 pm   Reply with quote         

CHOPPER PROFILE 12

Hello chopper fans and welcome to yet another in this second series of chopper profiles. This months chopper is from the old school, been lounging around this site for a very long time. With 7 wins, 10 second places and 5 thirds joined way way back in November 2003. He is Canadian, (Wont hold that against him…. yet) and he has a warped sense of humour. Loves to use his own image in as many chops as he can, sit back, put ya feet up, (No bloody plastic yellow foot ware allowed) and enjoy the Reinman………..

1. What is your nickname and how did you get it?
Well, my full name is Reinier - so Rein (RAIN) for short. Dustan Hoffman / Tom Cruise did a little movie a few years back, you may have heard of it? Wink

2. What is your real name and age?
Still Reinier. And currently I'm 46 years young.

3. Where are you from and what’s so great about being there?
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (just turn LEFT at Seattle!)
You'd have to ask Buglover or YerPalAl about the WHAT'S SO GREAT PART... I've been blessed with a visit from those two and had a chance to show them around my province a bit. It is stunningly beautiful here. I live about a mile away from downtown Vancouver (a very busy city) but that mile is all water so I'm insulated from the city madness. I live on the arse of a mountain and beside the Pacific ocean and it rarely snows here and and and.... well, it just is great to live in such a heart-opening part of my already pretty-cool country! Very Happy
Yes I saw the photo’s from Al’s visit, looks like a nice place to set up camp mate…but um just between you and me…get some better foot ware mate.

4. What do you do to keep the bills paid?
Ah ha! You ASSUME I keep the bills paid! Razz Okay, I DO keep them paid. How I do it is through a few different applications of my supposed creative talents. I am a photographer... I am a digital designer (goes good with the previous)... I am a website creator... I am a songwriter/music producer.

At a few points in my life I've done my best to focus on one particular avenue of expression. Then I always end up getting a good gig in a DIFFERENT venue... so now I leave it up to God, (or more accurately put: The Primary Facilitating Mechanism of the Universe) to set up my work itinerary!
Um yeah I’m sure there is a debate about all that sort of thing some where on this site

5. What do you do in your spare time?
Shite! Look at my answer for the question above! Again, you ASSUME I have SPARE TIME! LOL! Seriously, I am doing my best to live that ancient wise proverb: DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO WORK A DAY IN YOUR LIFE. My spare time tends to be doing something simular to what I do to pay the bills. I do love a good novel (I can chew through a 600 pager in a day or so if it is well written) and I like quiet walks by the ocean... but I tend to be hyper-active and I don't fight that energy too much anymore.

6. How did you find PSC, and what do you like most about the site?
I can't remember that far back! I think a friend told me about it... or I googled some image from it... or I had a DREAM about it... Something like that.

What I like about it? There is a lot of creativity here. This brings both good and bad things to the table, but in the end I trust creativity to get me through any "problems" that it creates.
I also like the fact that ReinMan feels at home here. He is a bit "wackier" (though not much - again ask YerPalAl or Buglover about that!) than my "daily" self, and he gets to let loose here. Do a power chop in 30 seconds to toss in a chat or thread. Do some "wisdumb" dumping on a Newbie! Maybe even do a TUT every once in a while to share with the whole site...

7. If you could change one thing at PSC, what would it be and why?
Whoa! Tough question. I got LOTS of problems with PSC. But they are problems that any COMMUNITY (web or Real Time) face. Different age / maturity levels. Different religious backgrounds. Different artistic skill levels. Different communication skill levels. But I guess my favorite peev is the way SO MANY people hide behind their AVATARS (so to speak). I don't mind someone who gets in there and speaks their mind if it comes from a real person. There have been SO many cases of a "new" member showing up to CRAP all over someone or something, and you just KNOW they are an established member here and they don't have the guts to speak from their NORMAL handle. That pisses me off. If you're gonna FLAME then have the guts to speak from who you are, not from behind some Alias.
So, get rid of Aliases. All of them. I had to let Scooter go (his portfolio is still around here somewhere - he was a wacky part of me!) because I realized there can only be one ReinMan and I had to be true to him. He really is Me Very Happy
You mention before the fact that Reinman fits in this sort of environment, and again about being true to Reinman. What makes Reinman tick?
A passion for the creative side of life. Creating something that has never been seen before. Hearing someone laugh from their belly (which is why I like the AAL so much as its as close as one can get on the internet!). Seeing the "AhHAA!" light go on in someone's eyes when I'm teaching a technique or tut. Feeling my brain hum as I try to keep up with an intelligent (yes, they DO happen here sometimes) thread or chatroom rampage.

8. Any other information you would like to pass on about who you are?
I love God. I'm not of any particular faith anymore. I had a strong HIT many many years ago that the Most Creative Force in the UNIVERSE most likely did not just stop after writing ONE book! Very Happy I have been a Seeker for a long time - and have been blessed with many (some rather difficult) lessons along the way. So far, I've gotten that:

A) we are truly all in THIS (planet earth life) together and any other behavior contrary to this truth is silly and dangerous.
B) laughing WITH (not AT) someone is the best lubricant to finding common ground in almost ANY issue
C) you can actually CARE about people through the internet (met some great true friends here) and affect this planet through the internet. Love travels through ALL mediums, PERIOD.
D) I'm an idiot. I learned that by saying "I KNOW THAT" is the best way to stop the learning process. But... via the University of Hard Knocks I'm a smart idiot, and that does help! Very Happy
Does Mrs Reindudette have anything to say about your chopper life?
ReinMissus is HELEN. My fiance. I guess my benefits are better than my bite, as she continues to stick around. Gets pissed off at PSC on a regular basis, but she supports my chopping (I do her website www.KuddlyKushies.com for free, eh?
Insert gratuitus flashing, “FREE PLUG” neon sign here

9. Other than this site, where else do you like to surf, that is not PhotoShop orientated?
Any digital photography website. I Google constantly to learn more about whatever I don't seem to know about. Once in a while I do the www.FotoFight.com thing and put a pic into a contest there. Hmmm... that G15 rating does limit my recommendations here, though! Razz
Yeah I know what you mean, I just had to mention Midget Jelly Wrestling.com.au and the mods had it cut from the forum…just kidding.

CS2 CorelDRAW / Illustrator Mostly mouse (a bit of tablet work every now and then, but I'm not a good "drawer")
PC (never got into MAC because I always found MAC users kinda CULTY, and I'm allergic to CULTS! Wink
My main camera gear is Canon (30D, Pro1) and I do my best to use "reinORIGINAL" photos in my chops if possible. My face HAS been seen around PSC! Very Happy

1. What gets your creative juices flowing, how do you create that masterpiece?
Going BLANK is a good start for me. NOT trying to see ANYTHING in the image. Sometimes I'll cut it into PS and rotate it or flip it and see if that inspires any thoughts or images.
Lots of times I'll crank up the iTunes with some funky-groovy tunes and put on my studio headphones and turn it up LOUD. Bounce around on my YogaBall chair a bit and just try any kinda shit on the picture. Toss a lot of stuff away.

But at some point I'll get the GO AHEAD from that Primary Facilitating Mechanism of the Universe and it will all just CLICK in. I won't know HOW I'm going to do it, but I know WHERE I'm going. At that point I dig into my bag of experience and make it come together.
But my big tip here is: DO NOT FEAR THE BLANK PAGE - EMBRACE IT because it is the starting point of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

2. What do you use as inspiration?
This may seem weird, but my peers here at PSC tend to inspire me. The stuff I do around here (from contest chops to those silly quickies I put in the threads and Chat) I do hoping that my PSC family will get a laugh, or enjoy looking at. There are some pretty hard-core choppers here (much much better than I intend to be) and to have them post an LOL (or even better, an AAL) after something I've done is a very dandy paycheque for me!
I mean really, if you don't know how to chop then a well chopped picture is JUST an interesting picture. It takes a good chopper to really appreciate what went INTO making that interesting picture...
After reading your answer, I have to agree with you on the insiration from fellow choppers. Many times I have looked at a chop by Bill, Anfa or so many others and then just sat down and tried to replicate it. I find that it inspires me to learn more and to experiment. The last part to your answer is so well said mate and so very true, it does “take a good chopper to really appreciate what went INTO making that interesting picture...”

3. Do you have a system? Does a chop have to be done a certain way following steps or are you a messy chopper and just go with the flow?
Er, um... no. Being Attention Defficit (as well as speling chalenged) means that a system would only frustrate me!

I am messy at first - get ideas down, don't worry about the nitty gritty details. But once it all starts coming together I start using my "craft" more... labelling those layers, putting appropriate layers in folders, saving a few back up files along the way, putting on some deodorant now and then.
Does moose wee count as deodorant, in Canada.
One thing I do is set a time limit on my chops. (For the last year I've not had Advantage - that has been neat as it has forced me to work really fast and not "waste much time on this silly crap" (as my fiance sometimes says!). Bad news, though. I finally paid for a year's worth of Advantage so you may be seeing a few more chops in the next while! Wink
Speaking of not chopping, it has been a while since you entered a contest.
Well, ironically I just entered one
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/101199/problems-for-biff--jeb.html
but it has been a while.

I took some time off from PSC in 2005 and first part of 2006. In truth, I was just BORED with the threads (one of my favourite places to interact) as I was finding them Bonus Infantile. I was BORED with the source pictures. And there was just such an influx of new people and new rules and new complaints (which were the same as the old complaints) that I just got tired of it.

I'm curious as to what JMH will do with the new site design. I've found him to be both dedicated and also distant from this site, depending on when you check him out. I know a lot of people that have helped make this site a better place, and they've left this site now. One has to ask themselves WHY? Maybe they were bored too. And maybe, like me, they felt that there was no real APPRECIATION from the owners of this site. This is a site that generates MONEY for some people... and I really wish they would pony up and support some of their better choppers here. But, then the threads would be BOGGED DOWN with those of us who didn't get the bonus support. So in that area I sympathise with JMH. I get he's doing the best he can with a very challenging website community here.

And, as spoken above, one thing that definitely keeps me out of the contests is I feel obliged to vote on those contests, and I just don't have time to do it the way I would like to do it: actually review all the posts. I am thinking about just entering and letting myself off the voting hook - just vote if I have a chance. I'll see. I do like it here, this site has given me a lot of inspiration and helped me refine my chopping ability mucho. I will continue to put into what I can and if, in the end, I get little back, I'll move on again for a while. I'll most likely always come back to check it out from time to time.

4. What style of chop do you prefer to create? )
I definitely like the (by theory) FUNNY angle. I try to keep it as real as I can, as I find the reality can add to the effect of the parody. I've also been very successful in the past with animated GIF’s, but the last edition of PSC limited them so much I stopped doing them. This is a shame, as I've always felt that ImageReady IS a part of the Photoshop world... Sad
But again, I try to not start out with any particular DIRECTION and let my CREATIVE JUICES take me where they will.

5. Filters, brushes and techniques, what do you use and not use and why?
I love (this is funny - I'm just opening up Photoshop as I type this because I have NO idea what they are actually called!) Adjustment Layers and Layer Masks. So much control without messing up too many original pixel’s.

Also blending layer modes are great for getting the right colour overlay or tweak.
I also am guilty of doing the "outside the frame" thing a lot, which you'll see if you go check my portfolio here. I love the way that tends to make the image JUMP off the page.

As mentioned previously, a good animated GIF blends the world of animation and good chopping skills... love that stuff. HOPEFULLY THE NEW VERSION OF PSC WILL HAVE A MORE ANIMATED GIF FREINDLY ATTITUDE (hello, jmh? hellooooooOO!) Wink
I RIGHT CLICK a lot, resizing my brushes and adjusting their edge on the fly. I think that is one of the best improvements in PS in the last couple versions.
CLONING (Rubber Stamping) is also something I'm pretty good at and enjoy doing. Its great making things that annoy me GO AWAY!!! Smile
Oh, and of course: THE PEN TOOL! As anyone who's read my tutorial here on that will know, I think it is the cat's ass for creating a good clean selection. USE THE PEN, LUKE!
Yep have to love that sweet giffy magic, you can add my vote to a more GIF friendly site.

6. When do you know ya got it just right, or is it constant changes up untill or after you post?
Actually for me its this way: I KNOW I DON'T got it right. I know that it will never be PERFECT. Only God get's that ability (and even then We tend to disagree on things! Smile

So I do my best. I honour my time limits on a chop and then I send it over. Sometimes just seeing it on the PSC page will bring out some HOWLING ERROR and I'll quickly tweak it - but I rarely rarely rarely tweak once the contest opens. I do my best to learn from my mitsakes! Smile (spelling intentional!)

7. Is there a limit to what you will chop?
I'm not into gory stuff. I don't wish to be aggressive in my parodies, so I do my best to self-monitor my posts. I do like to stay close to the edge though, and in a community as varied as this one that means I'll step on some toes. But I never do it to step on toes. I will also speak my mind as best I can in a thread and I always try not to do injury in sharing my views... Yet I find quite a few people here that just seem to be waiting for something to bitch about (could add this to #7 in the first batch of questions, I guess!) and that does get tiring.

So, I limit myself - fer sher! - as an artist I want to be a bridge between my creation and its viewers. That requires me taking some responsibility in how I present my creations.

Hmmmm. Not much new here. Check out my Tuts on site here. Check out my posts in the threads.
I don't tend to hold any secrets back. I guess that would be my MAIN TIP to give here: give all you know away, and that will make room for something you DIDN'T know! Very Happy

1. What is your favourite type of source image, and why? (Machine, people, nature, views, objects. What type do you prefer to work with.)
I guess objects, 'cause I can cut them out and do things with them. But pretty much any source can work. I'm not that fussy as to what it is - a source pic will either inspire me or it won't. I've learned to NOT chop if I don't get an idea within about 5 minutes - it will usually end up being an uphill battle that (let's face it) the pay here just doesn't cover! Razz

2. You like to use your own image in a lot of your chops, why?

Simply put: I'm a model that never says "NO" to the photographer's suggestion!

3. There is always talk about how the source is used and to what extent it should be used. What are your views on all sources, outside source use and my favourite animated GIF images?
I think talking about how some image should be chopped is like talking about how people should (you'll have to creatively edit here I suspect) f**k. In the end it just doesn't really matter, and will be somewhat unsatisfactory. Chop the source picture. There it is. Blah blah blah? Shut the f**k up n' chop!
And, as previously mentioned, I LOVE animated Giffys!!!!

It was at this point of the interview/question process that our profilee sent me this message... NOTE HERE: Holy F**K, Blue! This is one Mutha of an Interview!!!!!!! I've got
BLISTERS on me FINGAS!!!
This is a very long and some times frustrating process, but I believe its worth the effort. My thanks to all who have put up with me during this profile process…we now return you to your ab-normal reading program

4. What is your favoured site for outside source images?
I just GOOGLE the hell out of things. Sometimes I'll go to Alta Vista.
But my favourite is my own images I've captured on camera.

5. When you search do you have an idea what you are looking for or is it hit and miss?
I put some time into my search words/phrases... in other words I get an idea in my head what I want and then I think about how the rest of the world would refer to it... I also use " " marks to control the search parameters, stuff like that.
Good advise to restrict the search parameters

1. In your opinion what makes a good chop?
In my opinion, anything that makes me want to look at it for more than 4 seconds. It could be funny as hell. It could be detailed as hell. It could be complex as hell. It could be sooooo simple that it could be from hell.

If I worry about "what constitutes a good chop here at PSC" I waste WAY too much of my life on time I could just be going onto the next post which, possibly, will grab me and add a bit of enjoyment to my life.
You have that slick, (sick some would say) sense of humour, is there anything you wont make fun of?
Again, anything that might make another person feel worse about themselves (unless I feel that they need to be taken down a peg or two, and the Universe has put me in place to do that in a way that will actually serve them to being a better person on this ol' mudball).
Life can really be crappy at times. And, fer sher, at the end your body gets to shrivel up and die. So I can bitch about that, or laugh at it. I'm clear, for myself, that God loves me whichever I choose to do. So I'll choose to laugh. It doesn't mean I don't take it all seriously - my close friends know I'm a rather serious dude. But underneath everything is a very BIG cosmic joke - and I'm just doing my best to laugh BEFORE I get to the ultimate PunchLine.

There are some technical boundaries for me though - sloppy cutting out of images (crunchy nasty white bits and missing fingers eg.) - badly matched colour tones - badly match DOF (depth of focus/field) - mixed depth perceptions - bunnies, kittens or pregnant geese. These are all unforgivable in my books.

2. Do you have a system to get things started? ie Music, mood setting stuff like that?
Well, first I take a looooooonnnngggg hot bath. Bubbles of course! Then I pour myself a Very Cold glass of BEER (Canadian or European). Then I dry myself ever so carefully. Then I light some candles. Next I put on my favorite soft yet contemplative music. Then, I wake up from this nice fuzzy dream when my head hits my computer keyboard. At that point I start chopping. Very Happy
So I’m not the only one who like to take bubble baths before choppin…

3. Have you ever completed a chop and then for some reason decide not to enter it in the contest, if so what were your reasons?
Hmmmm..... had a lot of chops over the years. Can't remember if I've self-axed any. In the old days I could hand the chop over to my Alias SCOOTER if I thought it was too far out or crappy. But in the last year or so I don't believe I haven't launched anything that I have actually completed.

4. After you finish your chop is it a matter of just post it or do you seek opinions of family and fellow choppers?
Sometimes, if I'm feeling REALLY LIKE FEELING BAD, I ask my fiance. She has the amazing ability to find something wrong with ANYTHING. (and yet she loves me? Very Happy)
But mostly I just keep my peers here in mind as I chop, and then when I'm happy enough with the image I post it and wait to see how the PSC world receives it.

On a side-note here, this is why I love POWER CHOPPING in the threads or on Chat. Guerrilla chopping! Feedback right away. Onto the next conquest or vanquishing! ARRRRrrrrrRRRRR, 'tis a grand way ta be livin' tha life, ARRRRRRRrrrRRR!

5. If some one finds a fault in your work do you change it or stay with what you posted?
I think I covered this above? Rarely change it once the contest opens.
If you start repeating questions here I'm gonna have to leave.
This does NOT need to be longer than it already is, Blue! Razz
Look here Reindude you may rule the Kingdom of Naked Polka playing, but this is my profile Gig so answer the rest of the bloody questions OK…please

6. What qualities do you look for when deciding to vote on a chop?
Voting. The one thing I HATE about PSC. Many people love the voting part. I do not. It takes up time time time. I guess if I didn’t' actually give a shite I could do it fast but if I'm asked to vote I want to be fair and somewhat helpful, if possible. In the old days (I came from a time when a Voting Average of 15.4 was REALLY GOOD!) there were only about 20~30 entries on a good day. I could manage to get through them. Now, 40~50~60~+ and it is just too time consuming. Maybe if I had a Day Job where some dude was paying me to sit behind a computer where I could spend the time going over every post - then it would work. But since I work for myself, and my time is my money, well I've found it hard lately to justify spending $70~$100 of my time to go over all the entries. (this of course applies to my time doing a chop as well).

This ain't anybody's fault here, but this is how it is.

BUT, when I do vote, I look for: - clean technical work - a good idea - some sense of presentation - boobies
That would have to be one of the most honest answers to that question so far, sweet answer mate

7. Some people won’t vote for pure filtered chops or animated GIF, is there any particular style/type of chop you won’t vote for?
If someone just pressed an OK button to create it, I will almost never vote for it. Now, if I've never heard of the particular filter, or have never seen it used in a certain way, then I might toss a vote-bone to that person. But usually no.
Animated GIF - again, if it shows some smarts and some technical know-how then I love a these. It actually takes some PS knowledge to get one of these things to work well, and fit into the Size Limitations of PSC (which SHOULD BE BIGGER FOR GIFs - ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME ON THIS jmh? ! !? )
Once you've done a bit of chopping (which I seemingly have) you start to get a good sense of what took some work and some smarts, and what was just tossed together with duct-tape and WD40. If I'm going to take time to vote, I hope the presenter has taken some time to chop.

8. Time is always a factor, how much time do you spend on a chop and how much time is too much?
An hour is too much, for me (again, at $70~$100 an hour billing time it gets expensive to be doing a Freebie like this everyday). PLUS, in the spirit of the OLD PSC days, doing it in a limited time span creates the space to improve your marketable skills. A fast chopper is a richer (on all levels) chopper.
Usually, in my heyday here, I would spend around 30 minutes to an hour on something IF I knew I had a good idea. Again, if nothing interesting came up in the first few minutes I would wait for the next contest and see what comes up.

9. Ok we all love to get votes. Now are you a constant vote checker or do you just let it go and check once a day?
I used to care. Before PSC expanded to include every Tom, Dick, and Sally, well, votes took a LONG time to build. If you got 15 or 20 votes on a contest you were SO HAPPY! So going from a vpp of 10 to 11, let's say, was a major reason to celebrate!
Now, with Newbies coming on and generating 40 votes without too much trouble, feh! The voting thing has lost interest to me. I have thought about killing ReinMan and starting up a new ME to come in at the new voting sytem setup... but in the end I realise I'm here to learn and help out if possible - give a smile when I can. My number of votes doesn't increase my ability to do those things.

10. What chop did you do and it did not do as well as you expected?
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/52632/display.html
now this is OBVIOUSLY GENIUS! Shoulda got HUNDREDS of VOTES! I mean, its got flowing water, it has screaming people, it has a pig snout, it even has fast food! WTF do people WANT around here? How much BLOOD do I have to BLEED before people give me the CRED I SO RICHLY DESERVE!?!?!! ?! !? !?!
*cough*
Well, that's ONE of them...

1. Your best chop ever?
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/57614/display.html
I think this is one of my favourites. I just thought - wtf am I going to do with that watch fob? And then I remembered the old hypnotist schtick. And I went on from there. I also remembered the old Peanuts cartoon with Lucy's THE DOCTOR IS IN sign, and that led to the added bonus thing of the sign in the background.
Again - I LOVE GIFFYS!!!!!!

In the non-GIFFY world I would pick one of these (as they have my beloved accordion in them!)
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/51223/display.html
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/45685/display.html

2. Your worst chop ever?
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/42858/display.html
Well, the voters hated it. Maybe it was that blood on my t-shirt? See, I told you I'm no good with GORY! Razz

3. Best chopper out their today, and what makes him the best in your opinion?
I am going to take the 5th on this question. There are a LOT of good choppers out there right now. Some I like as people and some are dickWads, but they are good at chopping. I run the risk of pissing off a friend if I forget them off a list, and I risk adding to someone's ego if I pick just one of them.

The winner is always the one closest to the mantelpiece! Very Happy
Huh I say whimp, this is why there called awkward questions, but see ya point.

4. What you hate to see in a chop and why you hate it so much?
Hmmm.... tough question. Hate is such a STRONG word. I guess any chop that gets a Mean Laugh, or gets its kick from making someone else feel bad. Art can contain almost all emotions and feelings, but when it is used to put more pain in the world I get angry and frustrated with how stupid we all can be at times.
Oh. And any chop with broccoli in it! Very Happy

5. The best chop of all time?
Oh Jeez! Again I hate to disappoint, but there have been WAY TOO MANY to pick just one.

I just spent 15 minutes (or about $25 of my time! Smile looking through a bunch of portfolios, and there are dozens I could choose. I'll pick THIS one:
http://photoshopcontest.com/view-entry/59099/display.html
It was, at the time, the highest voted contest entry ever. It is a brilliant example of SEEING THINGS DIFFERENTLY, and the chop is almost perfect! (and I know the chopper and he's a good human being who has, in the past, added much to this site).

But again, there are many more FABULOUSLY FABULOUS images that have been created here at PSC.

I hope PSC can continue to find a way to give back to the community that has actually given it its staying power. I do not feel it has always done this. I'm not even sure how that would look. I know, for example, that I've created a few Tuts for the site and I am still paying $35 for a years worth of Advantage. I'm not trying to sing the Sour Grapes song, but it is an example where there is an imbalance in give and take here. I know others that have given their time and expertise to this site and gotten little recognition in any way back. And I know others here that constantly undermine the community spirit with their mean narrow-minded behaviour - and those people are still here with the blessings of the owners.
Who is the one person here you think sums up the PSC ethic?
Jeeze - these PICK ONE AND ONE ONLY questions are pissing me off! There is no ONE person. I like Showcase for certain reasons. I love Nancers for others (oh, and they are GOOD reasons! Wink. I think MarcoBallsIsIt is great at times, and I even find Leif and Chicken have their place here. That is the thing - there IS NO ETHIC here! No one has actually been able to pin it down and write it out. There are rules, but rules don't make ethics! This site is VERY CANADIAN in this way. It gets bogged down when one group or clique THINK they've figured it out. Creativity / God / What Makes Blank Paper Become Art just doesn't give a rat's ass about silly human beliefs. In the end, we create - and those creations can either inspire others to greatness or influence them into Nasty Behaviour. That part is in OUR control.

So - I like the people who are here (and have been here and left) that inspire greatness in others - their chops, their behaviour towards each other, their sharing of their gifts with others on this site.

This is a HUGE frickin site - it has the power effect the Internet space of the world. I myself have made friends around the globe here. Almost every country on the planet that has enough electricity to plug a computer in has the chance to learn something from this website community. I hope that those who control this site can truly get that there is a lot more here than making sure the GoogleAds are up to date. I don't always get that they care about the community more than they care about the bottom line. I'm hoping they will set me into a different way of thinking in the future - I'm open to that! Very Happy

Well thanks for your time Reindude. I must say this took some time in the making and many thanks to Rein for putting up with my PM back and forth. Thanks to you the reader, (If any one reads this far down) for sticking with us through this interview. Its been fun and till next time remember…Shut the F**k up and chop.
Blue_lurker
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CHOP.

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:51 pm   Reply with quote         

cool stuff

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:00 pm   Reply with quote         

Great interview... I didn't read the entire thing, but the two sentences I did read were GREAT!

Synthvet

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Meaty

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:34 pm   Reply with quote         

Good read, interesting to see another members view on things.

BroChris

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:02 pm   Reply with quote         

Great to read things from your perspective, ReinMain.

Thanks for doing these reviews, blue_lurker!
cafn8d

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:20 pm   Reply with quote         

I read the entire thing; now you want my book report?! Wink

I knew I liked ya' ReinMan! Thank you for letting us get to know you a little bit better. So glad you're participating in the PSC community again; even if only for a while. Smile

sage

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:42 pm   Reply with quote         

1357 words and not once was I mentioned Evil or Very Mad

Reindude, I'd invite myself over if we didn't have a whole friggin continent between us. (It's Ontario, I tell ya. Taking up all the room...)

Regards to Helen. Smile

Eve
Site Moderator

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:29 pm   Reply with quote         

Just bought 100 KuddlyKushies...will send everybody one for Christmas. Wink

Reindude, I love your sense of humor and ya chop alright too. Good use of time reading your interview...

...and THANKS to Blurker too for making this engaging and interesting. Very Happy

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:35 pm   Reply with quote         

I was just informed by blue_lurker..

This was only part 1 of reinman's interview. Next week will continue the 5 part series with
the behind the scenes story of those yellow shoes and a visit to his famous crib.

Shocked

dbbowling

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:24 am   Reply with quote         

I wanted "love your neighbour" included in my profile but it was forgotten.

I want to propose something to you

blue_lurker

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:33 am   Reply with quote         

Quote:
ledirlo Posted: 30 Jun 2006 02:24 am Post subject:
I wanted "love your neighbour" included in my profile but it was forgotten.

I want to propose something to you

not to sure about this proposal idea Led, dont get me wrong Im flattered, but Im married mate...and I dont really swing that way. But thanks for the offer...and getting down on one knee was sweet....

buglover

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:56 am   Reply with quote         

bravo! keep up the good job BL!

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:11 pm   Reply with quote         

I
you too, Reinboy. AND your yellow crocs, they match my Dyson so nicely.

Nice read, as always, anything written by you is a little bit inspiring, a little bit confusing and a lot entertaining. Thanks for not disappearing from the face of the PSC planet.

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:25 pm   Reply with quote         

I enjoyed this interview and have a new, and even greater, respect for the reindude.

Cheers

PS: You make ME laugh all the time Reinman. I appreciate that!. Wink

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - CHOPPER PROFILE 12-Reinman - Reply to topic