Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - The Seven Deadly Sins Contest - Reply to topic

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:40 pm   Reply with quote         

THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO MAJORITY REQUEST, AND WILL BE RESTARTED AT A SOON TO BE GIVEN DATE. SORRY FOR THE TROUBLE, I HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL NEXT ROUND. PRIZES WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE, TOO.

...The generally accepted deadly sins are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth...

Starting Sunday (September 17, 2006), and ending Satuday (September 23, 2006), the contest of the Seven Deadly Sins will take place. On each corresponding day (see list below for details), participants will create their chop on that day to represent and relate to that day's sin using the daily contest source.

The daily contest themes:

Sunday: LUST
Monday: WRATH
Tuesday: ENVY
Wednesday: GUTTONY
Thursday: SLOTH
Friday: PRIDE
Saturday: GREED

The day each daily contest closes, any PSC member may pm me with their choice of who they would like to win for that particular day. After a day has passed, and the closed contest is no longer the prominent image on the homepage, voting for that daily contest will end.

NEW VOTING FORMAT: Since a lot of people seem to be confused as to how exactly the voting works for this contest, combined with my current computer problems, I'm going to make the voting method far easier for everybody. I'll just count all the votes they have recieved in the actual daily contest instead of having you all pm me with separate votes for your choices.

This works out better since there aren't very many people participating in this, so there wouldn't be very many votes. This new way will allow anyone on PSC to vote, so there will be a more realistic "contest-style" percentage of votes. (yeah, I pulled that out of my arse... Rolling Eyes )

Anyway...enjoy, let the best-chopped sins win!

Even if you cannot compete every day, you can still be crowned the winner of the day you participate if you get the most "votes" for that day, even if you don't do an entry for every day. There will basically be 7 sub-winners, one for each day, and one overall champion from all the days.

Rules for participation:
If you would like to participate, please pm me saying you would.

The title of your entry should refer to that day's sin, so as to sort the Seven Deadly Sins participants from the normal daily entries.

I hope this contest will be enjoyable and successful. Hopefully it will give you all a little more to think about as you come up with ideas. Good Luck! Smile

The seven daily contest winners will recieve a little token banner or something for winning. The overall winner of the entire event will win something which I'm still trying to determine. It will be a physical prize, sent in the mail, so there is a motive!

oh, and if you read through all that and are thinking what the heck did he just say?? that's ok, I can barely understand how it's written as well... Rolling Eyes If anybody needs me to explain a particualar part of the contest that you may not understand, please ask me to explain it better. Smile

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:10 pm   Reply with quote         

Participant list:

Grefix
blade_in_exile
Sulemi
DigitalPharoh
Death of a Clown
Megpowergirl
Paul von Stetina
ScionShade
Arcaico
Sassy
MindGraph
TheShaman
Z

Come on, PSCers, this could be really excellent! I'm figuring out what the prize will be, don't you want to win a prize? Trust me, it'll be cool. Razz

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:18 pm   Reply with quote         

I'd do it if it was once a week, but there's no way I can enter everyday.

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:38 pm   Reply with quote         

I'm game... Twisted Evil
A subject near and dear to me... Twisted Evil

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:11 pm   Reply with quote         

DoaC, even if you cannot compete every day, you can still be crowned the winner of the day you participate if you get the most "votes" for that day, even if you don't do an entry for every day. There will basically be 7 sub-winners, one for each day, and one overall champion from all the days.
So, please, join in if you want, it'd be great to have you do one or two, I think your style would go great with these themes. Smile

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:59 pm   Reply with quote         

Okey dokey. Looking at the sources, I might have something for Tuesday's to go with the theme.

Megpowergirl

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:37 pm   Reply with quote         

What a cool idea. I like it a lot. Can we do other stuff like this? Like um... astrology, movies, colors, I don't know I can't really think of a good one right now, I am too tired. But, you get the point.

Paul Von Stetina

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:42 am   Reply with quote         

If I'm in town, you can count me in Mason Smile you need to post the days and the sins in a very prominent place, we need these things or we forget quickly Smile

blade_in_exile

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 3:50 am   Reply with quote         

oh no i am at a disadvantage before we even start i see most are advantage and have already got the iamges for next wekk Sad hopefully by tomorrow mine will be thru its just taking its time

ScionShade

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:33 am   Reply with quote         

MAson..
That's the coolest themed contest idea ever.
I guess Mondays are prize days?
This 'id be the coolest thing ever if it were run as an official Mon' contest for seven weeks.

arcaico

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:43 pm   Reply with quote         

Scion, can you imagine how the LUST entries will be?

TheShaman wrote:
fine fine! I'm an idiot!

Post Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:19 pm   Reply with quote         

Thanks, Scion, the idea just popped into my head the other day and I thought it'd be neat. This is the first run, but I was thinking it could be an anual thing, so if it's successful this time around, maybe next year perhaps we can change it around a bit to better fit schedules so more people can participate. I've never run a side-contest before, so I don't know the best way to run it. Smile

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:49 pm   Reply with quote         

Yeah. I dont want my Lust to get pulled. are we still doing No nipplage no pull? Question

ScionShade

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:07 pm   Reply with quote         

arcaico wrote:
Scion, can you imagine how the LUST entries will be?

Well, for those of us, unlike you, who do not
lust after bow legged incontinent bovines..
it should work out just fine.
LUST- as a theme and having to stay under site decency infraction radar should produce some cool stuff..
and a good challendge.
I'm tellin' ya right now ANYBODY who uses a durex condom is not getting a vote from yo. Smile

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:23 pm   Reply with quote         

So, Scion, Arc, you two in?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Fun and Games - The Seven Deadly Sins Contest - Reply to topic