Photoshop Contest PhotoshopContest.com
Creative Contests. Real Prizes. Essential Resource.
You are not logged in. Log in or Register

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Empty Hands pic - Trick or Treat gif - Reply to topic

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Luxwiz

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:40 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
Ok..I just got it down to approximately 140K again and it looked the same.
I reckon you need to fiddle with the settings.

I just used...

Adaptive
20 Colours
Diffusion 100%
Lossy = 20

cheers

Well I tried it like you said and at lossy 44,I got it under 125 KB. (124 to be exact).Here you can start to notice a lot of well...loss of quality ,but for all intents and purposes when the quality is not that important you can still make a gif this size (550 x 461) under 125 KB and get the message across. Good one. Gran Not bad at all.

Luxwiz

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:06 pm   Reply with quote         

Well that solves that issue.With this information I could have posted my gif,although at low quality.I think in this case that is acceptable because my intention was to show the "trick" not so much the shine on his cufflinks,and that comes through loud and clear.I am happy.I learnt something today.Not knowing this prevented from presenting the entry. Granulated muy bien,indeed. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Granulated

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:09 pm   Reply with quote         

Luxwiz wrote:
Well that solves that issue.With this information I could have posted my gif,although at low quality.I think in this case that is acceptable because my intention was to show the "trick" not so much the shine on his cufflinks,and that comes through loud and clear.I am happy.I learnt something today.Not knowing this prevented from presenting the entry. Granulated muy bien,indeed. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I think the 125k version looks fine in relation to the unoptimised one.

Oh.. I would have done a bit of perspective adjustment on the object (if realism was an issue)
But that's another fettle of kish !

Luxwiz

Post Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:01 pm   Reply with quote         

Granulated wrote:
Luxwiz wrote:

I think the 125k version looks fine in relation to the unoptimised one.

Oh.. I would have done a bit of perspective adjustment on the object (if realism was an issue)
But that's another fettle of kish !

I wanted the object to appear a little 3D ( like a smartie candy) and sort of floating slightly above his palm,thus the thicker,softer shadow.The idea - to invisibly "hover" from one hand to the other.It still came out a little pancake-ish I know.
By the way your other rentry in the swimming boy was really good (I donīt know why I didnīt see it) ,it was in the same line as the first-at the pool of the Hotel in the brochure,no? The expression the kid has reminds me of The Beaver in The Leave it to Beaver TV show back at the dawn of television.Itīs the Beev.Anyway I like the approach you took to get that old color foto print ink effect in the chop.Like some old, early colour edition LIFE magazine adds.

Granulated

Post Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:01 am   Reply with quote         

Thanks dude.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Photoshop Contest Forum Index - Contests and Entries - Empty Hands pic - Trick or Treat gif - Reply to topic