Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote
If the font works in word then
- Type up what ya want in black on white
- print screen it.
- Paste it in,
- select around it with the rectangle tool leaving plenty of white space.
- Inverse selection and then
- Delete the excess leaving a white sqaure with your black text in it.
select transparency of the layer.
- (control + V) Copy
- Add mask
- Go to channels (its on the layers palette next to layers) click on the new mask layer and make sure it is being veiwed. (the eye will appear)
- (Control + V) Paste into the mask Align the mask with the text if necassary
- (Control + I) invert this (make sure it is aligned with your text)
- Go back to your layers palette and apply layer mask
Done to apply colour to it.
- Select the rectangle tool and draw a box covering the area.
- Hold "alt" and click between the two layers (the rectangle vector layer should be abouve the raster text.
This will create a clipping mask which can alter colour by double clicking on it.
Link the two layers together if you want to move them
You dont have to but put them into a layer set.
- go into The layer style menus and go to colour overlay.